News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Paterson

Member Name: Paterson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Are you more of a musical, or Play person?
 Nov 20 2018, 12:51:49 PM

Broadway Joe said: "I prefer a good play over a good musical any day but I would rather see a bad musical over a bad play lol"

I know what you mean. I love a good play, but a bad play is a much tougher watch than a bad musical.

Overall, I'd say I like both a similar amount for different reasons, but going to see a musical is usually a safer choice, especially if I want to see something with my parents. You usually get to know some of the songs in a musical

Trigger Warnings Come to the Stage
 Nov 20 2018, 12:27:27 PM

Sensible trigger warnings are definitely a good thing, but of course they need to be pitched at the right level, so they don't turn into the terms and conditions of an online contract that no-one bothers to read. 

From a personal point of view, I'm happy to see just about anything, so long as it's in an appropriate context, and I believe it's important to expose children and teens to challenging material, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a bit of a

Stage actors with little to no social media
 Nov 20 2018, 12:01:57 PM

Dave28282 said: "Paterson said: "In the name of balance, I should add that I know of some famous actors whose social media absence only encourages some of the more stalkerish fans to assume that they are hiding something in their personal life, and the absence of daily breakfast updates allows them to imagine that their marriage is a sham etc."

That mystery is the difference between a star and a real life soapattention seeker to me. Every star I used to

Stage actors with little to no social media
 Nov 18 2018, 06:10:52 PM

IMO, there's no point in comparing older actors who established themselves before social media with younger ones, then trying to draw some kind of conclusion about talent. The reality is that younger people use social media more than older people, and some of them are actors. And internet forums such as this one are a form of social media, so none of us can afford to be too judgemental because some people use a different form of it.

That said, and as much as I see the benefits of a

Kelly Clarkson Talks Future Broadway Ambition
 Nov 13 2011, 07:01:05 AM
I love her as a pop star, so it would be interesting what sort of thing she'd want to do, if she were to take to the theatre stage. I heard her say recently that she arranges her tours so that she is never singing two shows in a row, because she knows she needs to give her voice a rest. On the other hand, I think that's because of the way she sings her own songs on tour, and the knowledge that her shows are all about her, so she can't risk either an off day or a day off.

It's the firs

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You