News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theawakefallen

Member Name: theawakefallen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

O'Hara and Pasquale will star in a concert staging of Brigadoon
 Apr 26 2017, 04:49:37 PM

They're going to brilliant! I'm so excited. I know it's not ordinary for Encores! to do cast recordings, but do you guys think since their names are so big that they might do one?

Also, who do you want for other characters? I'd like to see Ben Platt's take on Charlie.

Musicals with Many Principle Roles
 Oct 21 2016, 07:25:37 AM

What are some musicals with a lot of principle roles? Like Oklahoma! or Hairspray. Comment away! :)

re: Lowest note sung ever by a female in a musical?
 Sep 20 2016, 06:29:26 PM

C3 in “The Glamorous Life” from A Little Night Music sung by Leonora Armfeldt

C3 in “Ohio” from Wonderful Town sung by Ruth Sherwood

D3 in “Potion Notion” from 9 to 5 sung by Violet Newstead

D3 in “I Want to Go to Hollywood” from Grand Hotel sung by Flaemmchen

D3 in “Where Did I Go Wrong?” from It Shoulda Been You sung by Georgette

Highest Note Required in a Musical?
 Sep 10 2016, 09:26:01 AM

These are what I can remember from off the top of my head.

F#6 in “Let’s Hear it for the Boy” from Footloose sung by Rusty

F6 in “Aiutami” from The Light in the Piazza sung by Franca Naccarelli

E6 in “The Phantom of the Opera” from The Phantom of the Opera sung by Christine Daaé

E6 in “Notes #1” from The Phantom of the Opera sung by Carlotta Giudi

Most Demanding Role
 Jul 29 2016, 06:10:03 PM

For Hamilton I think it's almost like everyone in the show is on the same playing field in the cast because there are individual skills each character has to have, but the difficulty is raised compared to most other shows. Like Angelica Schuyler has to belt fairly high, rap quite fast, and emote incredibly well. All of the founding fathers are incredibly difficult to play considering you not only have to rap very well, act, and stay energetic, but you have to play a totally different

Most Demanding Role
 Jul 29 2016, 12:05:57 PM

Absolutely it's not a joke. She is on stage for most of the show and sings 90% of the entire score. She also has to dance a bunch and belt quite a bit.

Most Demanding Role
 Jul 29 2016, 11:58:41 AM

What is everyone's opinion about the most demanding role in musical theatre? My thoughts include Diana Goodman, Elle Woods, and Man in Chair. What are yours?

re: Can Kelli O'Hara belt?
 Jul 26 2016, 04:20:20 PM

She sure sounds like she does in the At the Ballet recording with her Megan and Audra. It might not be the best, but it sounds like she is belting.

Musicals Featuring Families
 Jul 26 2016, 04:16:53 PM

MinnieFay

Yeah, I get you. I'm thinking something with a strong ensemble piece, whether it directly features a family or not. Something like Light from Next to Normal, Move Toward the Darkness from The Addams Family.

Musicals Featuring Families
 Jul 26 2016, 03:48:42 PM

What are some musicals featuring families? I'm thinking about doing a small cabaret with some friends and our age ranges span enough to be able to play a family together although we're all around the same age. Something like Next to Normal, It Shoulda Been You, Fiddler on the Roof. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You