News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatretalk

Member Name: theatretalk
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Book Recommendations
 Feb 20 2009, 11:39:35 AM
I love theater, and I want to start reading books about theater so that I can develop a greater appreciation of the past and present. I would love recommendations on any good biographies of people involved in theater. Anybody have any suggestions for really good theater related books? I am opened to reading anything related to theater and I am excited to get some recommendations!

re: Les Miserables Revival Window Card
 Feb 16 2009, 09:00:25 PM
I have the window card. I can sell it to you for $30. Any interest? I live in manhattan. Let me know.
Off-Broadway shows
 Oct 9 2008, 10:26:59 AM
Are there any good off-Broadway shows you could recommend?
Turn Those Cell Phones Off!
 Oct 9 2008, 09:43:42 AM
I am shocked and appalled by the lack of audience member consideration in theater. During recent performances, I have watched people text message. I have also heard cell phones ring. Are there any places that are cell phone free zones? It is crazy how the very device that unites at the same time isolates. A cell phone represents a device that whenever it is present causes you to be potentially absent. Isn't theater a time where you can simply sit, relax, and enjoy the moments? There was a b
Is excessive cursing necessary on stage?
 Oct 9 2008, 09:34:39 AM
Does anybody have a major problem with the excessive usage of cursing on stage? For some shows it doesn't bother me, while other shows go over board and it serves as a distraction. Given the appearance of two David Mamet plays on Broadway this season this is an issue worth reexamining.
Have you seen, "To Be Or Not To Be?"
 Oct 9 2008, 09:20:28 AM
Have you seen, "To Be Or Not To Be?" I am seeing the Saturday, October 13 matinee. I have great seats, and I am very excited!
It is interesting how the play is based on a 1942 film. Lots of musicals have been based on films; however, I am not familiar with many plays that have been based on films.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You