News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PiraguaGuy2

PiraguaGuy2 Profile Photo
Member Name: PiraguaGuy2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://greatwhiteway.wordpress.com/
Blog Address: http://greatwhiteway.wordpress.com/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fun Home Previews  Apr 5 2015, 08:27:57 PM

I agree with dramamama's categorization - it seems both the fairest and most likely way to break down all the roles. Cerveris looks likely to win, and I would anticipate nominations for Malone, Kuhn, and Lucas as well (maybe even Skeggs - the last time three actresses from the same show were nominated was NINE, so it's possible)

Am I in the minority here in rooting for a Lucas win? Obviously she, Kuhn, and Skeggs deserve heaps of praise, but there's something so one-of-a-kind

Hand to God Previews  Apr 4 2015, 04:15:17 PM

@willep, I did rush and was seated in the second row on the house right side (seats 6-8, I think?). I missed literally nothing and was incredibly close - I felt like I had a perfect view of the show. Occasionally someone would have their back to me but it was not at all obstructed! Great seat for a great price - not sure what rush experiences others have had.

Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Mar 28 2015, 02:00:10 AM
Definitely, JBroadway - obviously producers will do whatever they want (and it seems to be migrating towards digital lotteries.) It is worth mentioning, however, that the very first ticket promotion of this type was RENT's $20 rush, which rewarded superfans who would line up all night for it. It's interesting to note how the philosophy behind rushes and lotteries has evolved over time.
Digital Lotteries...the new thing?  Mar 28 2015, 01:11:25 AM
I have mixed feelings about this, and I guess it really comes down to how you view rushes/lotteries philosophically. Rushes seem more oriented towards rewarding dedicated fans, students, and others who may not be able to see the show at full price but can "pay" with their time and effort. Lotteries are a little dicier since they require much less of the aforementioned commitment. They draw a bigger crowd and thus more attention to the show, and as other posters have noted, incite even losers to
Hand to God Previews  Mar 28 2015, 12:55:39 AM
I would really love to see Geneva Carr get a Tony nomination for this. Boyer is for sure giving the standout performance but Carr is doing no-holds-barred work as well.
Fun Home Previews  Mar 28 2015, 12:52:59 AM
FYI for those eligible - $40 tickets are available through June on Tix4Students (snap them up now!!)
The Book of Mormon - Chicago company  Jan 1 2013, 11:46:43 PM
I concur. Ben Platt provides a completely new take on Cunningham, and dare I say tops even Gad in the role.
Book of Mormon Standing Room?  Dec 28 2012, 12:29:11 AM
I got that sense from Potts, O'Malley and even James a little bit as well. It's easy to step forward and say the hilarious lines written for you without really putting in effort or indulging a sense of "play".
Book of Mormon Standing Room?  Dec 27 2012, 11:51:10 PM
For what it's worth, I showed up at 2PM and was the first one there. I'd say the cutoff to get tickets was probably around 3:30, for a 7PM curtain time tonight.

But I wouldn't see Doyle in this - he was having major vocal issues tonight and still seemed to be having trouble finding his way around the character. Jon Bass, the new Cunningham, wasn't much better, as he was pretty much doing a second-rate Josh Gad impression. It's a shame to see the actors (some of whom have been with the s

Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike!  Dec 22 2012, 11:29:46 PM
Has anyone tried the rush for this?
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof/Glengarry Glen Ross Rush?  Dec 22 2012, 06:00:03 PM
Hey, has anyone rushed Cat or tried to get SRO for Glengarry recently? I know both are sold 2 hours prior to the performance, but I'm wondering how early I should get there for a weekend matinee of either.
9 to 5 Film Version?  Jun 9 2012, 09:48:19 PM
I know the Broadway musical flopped, but I've always had a lot of affection for it and, in my opinion, it was under-appreciated. Does anyone else think it would make a great movie? My dream cast (and one I think would sell a lot of tickets) would be:

Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Violet Newstead
Anne Hathaway as Judy Bernly
Carrie Underwood as Doralee Rhodes
Alec Baldwin as Franklin Hart, Jr.
Melissa McCarthy as Roz Keith
Jason Sudeikis as Joe
Molly Shannon as Margaret

Smash -- Series Discussion  Jun 9 2012, 06:30:49 PM
It's probably best that there are only two possible nominees on the shortlist. Too many would probably cause some vote splitting. Now "Let Me Be Your Star" can be recognized in honor of all the songs Shaiman and Wittman have written.
Smash -- Series Discussion  Jun 9 2012, 04:42:22 PM
Plum, there was no other choice. Emmy rules only permit the entry of one song per "team," and since Shaiman and Wittman wrote all the show's songs except for "Touch Me," there was no other possible second song.
Allison Williams Needs to Play Cinderella in "Into the Woods"  Jun 8 2012, 08:34:21 AM
If anyone watches HBO's "Girls," you know Allison Williams, who plays Marni on the show. She's a fantastic, beautiful actress who graduated from Yale two years ago. And yes, she is Brian Williams' daughter.

What you might not know is that she is an incredible singer. Here she is singing a "remixed" version of the "Mad Men" theme song. I think she'd make a perfect Cinderella in "Into the Woods". Thoughts? Rob Marshall, are you reading this?

Who will play Drake in ANNIE ?  Jun 3 2012, 09:34:46 PM
Listen, say what you will about "Star-to-Be," but the two actresses who originated that role in the two Broadway productions of Annie were Laurie Beechman and Sutton Foster. So in the past it's been a role for an ACTUAL star-to-be.
Tony Nom Predictions  Apr 23 2012, 06:34:36 PM
Best Musical:
Ghost
Nice Work if You Can Get It
Newsies
Once

Best Revival of a Musical:
Evita
Follies
The Gershwin's Porgy and Bess
Jesus Christ Superstar

Best Score:
Ghost
Leap of Faith
Newsies
Once

Best Book:
Lysistrata Jones
Nice Work if You Can Get It
Newsies
Once

Best Director of a Musical:
Jeff Calhoun, Newsies
Kathleen Marshall, Nice Work if You Can Get It
Eric Schaeffer, Follie

Dee Snider and Patti LuPone's duet on Dee's new Broadway album  Apr 14 2012, 04:08:58 PM

Smash - Series Discussion  Apr 7 2012, 01:01:09 PM
I think the points made about SMASH's original songs are valid - they would not work in the context of a real Broadway show. However, this is just a TV show, and the songs only really have to work in that context. In that respect, they succeed - almost all the original numbers showcased (with a few rare exceptions, including "Touch Me," "The National Pastime," and "I Never Met a Wolf") parallel the journeys and storylines of the main characters during the episodes in which they were featured. Th
Will Newsies be a hit?  Feb 16 2012, 05:19:27 PM
If I'm correct, Medda is a new version of the vaudeville singer played by Ann-Margret in the movie. Hopefully she gets some better songs this time around.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You