News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Whileshesleeps

Member Name: Whileshesleeps
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Josh Goban's Stages Album
 Apr 22 2015, 07:03:22 AM

Already released in the UK and on itunes.

Josh Goban's Stages Album
 Apr 21 2015, 10:10:54 AM

Anyone have have any thoughts on his album just released?

Some lovely reinterpretations both vocally and with the arrangements but I can see why the bonus tracks are bonus ones as they seem to highlight some of his vocal limitations. Pretty obvious choices of tracks in the main.

Is Nine a Bad Musical or Just a Bad Movie?
 Dec 4 2014, 09:36:16 AM
Whilst the movie did butcher many of the fantastic songs and have the feel of a story with songs it certainly did improve upon the story line and characterisation. Like the movie but don't love it, but then I didn't like what was done to Chicago. I thought the 2 new songs were great, but much of the comedy from the musical is lost. However it was beautifully shot and I thought all the leads were great, maybe not Broadway singers but great actors. Well done for having the guts to try to radically
Thrilling theatre moments/twists
 Jun 6 2013, 05:25:54 AM
Always thought the knife dance scene in Martin Guerre where the villagers murder each other was pretty breathtaking.
My personal favourite is from a long time back 1986 Chess with Tommy Korberg in Endgame - his performance sent shivers down yours spine and the whole scene was beautifully staged.

Chess licensing question
 Mar 12 2013, 12:11:59 PM
The UK version you're talking about was published in 1993 when the show became available for UK amateur groups to perform.
It is basically the original London production 1986 - 1989 but with some minor lyric tweaks in a couple of songs (not sure why or what difference they made) in songs such as The Deal (No Deal).

It also gave reference to Someone Else's Story being possible to swap for Nobody's Side or used elsewhere in the production in Act 2, or to sue Nobody's Side at the end

10086 SUNSET BOULEVARD
 Jan 29 2013, 10:30:33 AM
Have seen Sunset 6 times in London.
Patti - opening preview - kept audience spellbound and played the character as more complex and irrational. Not my favorite performance as personally I find her singing voice rather contrived (as she was in Les Mis)
Betty - completely over acted and vocally not as strong as Patti. The character became far more crazed. Felt it would have been interesting to see how Patti interpreted the role with the changes.
Elaine - twice in two different stints.

Ouch...Evita didn't even come close to breaking even!
 Jan 29 2013, 10:18:11 AM
If the production was staged as it was in London then the production was doomed from the start.
The London staging left me completely feeling cold. The only thing I thought what was positive was the re-orchestration of some songs giving a more Argentinian feel.
Elena Rogers was just wrong for the show - you couldn't hear a word she was singing, and her voice often didn't sustain the notes (maybe an off performance?) Having said this she blew me away in Piaf with a simply brilliant perfor

THE WOMAN IN WHITE - Why All The Hate?
 Jan 4 2013, 04:45:04 AM
I think the main problem was that there weren't any really big numbers you came out singing in your head. Much of the score/lyrics were really hard going with it being a totally sung through show.

The CD is much harder going to listen to than other ALW scores.

The projected sets were really a major problem for me when I saw it in London. Probably partly due to the Palace Theatre's rake from the balcony upwards, but the projections and swiftness of changes of moving pieces and

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You