News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RustyJusty830

RustyJusty830 Profile Photo
Member Name: RustyJusty830
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Well Hey there everyone! As many of you know, my name is Justin (or Justy if you'd like) and I'm from the city that never sleeps-NY.I'm up for new friends all the time and you'll find me to be a really great guy-so don't be shy!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: THE WIZ casting rumours (not good)
 Jun 25 2006, 11:39:22 PM
I just thought many posters might be interested to know that many of the rumours are untrue and that the casting will be announced soon. I wasn't at all trying to "drop information".
re: THE WIZ casting rumours (not good)
 Jun 25 2006, 11:30:48 PM
I've recently learned of some of the casting that has been completed...which will be announced soon--Trust me, it's good stuff. I'm sure that the choices will not disappoint.
Hairspray Recording
 May 30 2006, 12:00:46 PM
Hi there. Does anyone have a live recording (audio) of "You Can't Stop the Beat" with the dance break included? Please PM me if so. Thanks a bunch.
re: tarzan music and seats
 May 3 2006, 01:03:52 AM
Those seats should be fine. The mezz at the Rodgers generally provides a great view. And yes, the songs from the movie version are utilized in the show, though sometimes accompanied by slightly different arrangements. Also, there have been several new songs added for the production.
re: Show Curtains
 May 2 2006, 11:52:27 PM
I LOVED the Tarzan curtain. I thought it was very interesting to walk in and instantly be drawn into the neat techincal effects.

I adore the "Color Purple" curtain. Gorgeous in my opinion.

re: 'Rusty goes Disney'-TARZAN 4/28/06- 8pm
 Apr 30 2006, 07:46:21 PM
Thanks for the compliments and responses everyone! To sort of add on to what Liotte is saying, to a certain extent, the book must remain true to the original Disney movie, which probably about 95 precent of the audience has seen. Its does well at certain points and sometimes falls flat, but overall, accomplishes its job in allowing all patrons to absorb it. Great or brilliant theatrical writing? Not exactly. Still, I expect I will visiting again because I very much enjoyed and liked the show.
"Rusty goes Disney"-TARZAN 4/28/06- 8pm
 Apr 30 2006, 02:04:13 AM
I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with you all.
I saw the show this past Friday night and was incredibly excited for Disney's newest theatrical endeavor. I jumped on line for student rush at about 3 pm, just in time for my boyfriend and I to snag the last two seats (which they started selling at 6pm). Quite an intense procedure for rush- I'm guessing it's gaining popularity. Got to the theatre at a quarter to and took my seats-first row, house right on the aisle, very nice view...Ha

First Regional Production of Hairspray
 Apr 25 2006, 10:14:04 PM
Thanks so much Colleen! I'm totally going.
First Regional Production of Hairspray
 Apr 25 2006, 05:44:06 PM
Yes, the tour is shutting down for eight weeks and NETworks is taking it on as a non-equity production making all new sets, wigs, and costumes. Christine Danelson (current Tracy standby), my close friend, told me this a few months ago. I only wish I would have known about the auditions for this! But yay for my friend Constantine, who was cast as Link!
re: LaChanze performing
 Mar 13 2006, 11:19:24 PM
I work for the show and can tell you that LaChanze has great attendance. It is a vocally, emotionally, and physically demanding role, and as a result she may occasionally miss a matinee once a week or so. Still, she performs, putting forth 110 percent, almost every night and is magical to watch. Plus, if she happens to be out, Kenita R. Miller really tears up the role-So, there's no need to fret!
re: Do you think this will affect the 2004 awards?
 Mar 13 2006, 11:15:07 PM
I still can't understand why Avenue Q was given Best Score. Don't get me wrong- I love the show. It somehow just seems a bit odd considering that I don't feel that the music is too...inspired...or...special. Sure, BEST BOOK, Amen, but score? Eh.
re: Biggest Tony Upset for Acting Awards of all time?
 Feb 27 2006, 12:48:34 AM
I cannot even believe that someone would mention Menzel winning over Pinkins as an UPSET.
Menzel was fantastic in that role and totally deserved the honor.
On another note, I hated every second of CAROLINE OR CHANGE and thought that Pinkins' performance was flat and uninteresting. And I'm usually not one to pass judgements on vocal ability, but she just seemed tired and rarely sang on pitch without cracking. I realize that some of that "raspy" quality is required of the character, but c

re: your favorite harmonies
 Feb 27 2006, 12:44:04 AM
I second "Follow Your Heart" from Urinetown.
"No anger or badness, just laughter and GLADNESS!"
My friend and I always belt it out on the street. haha.

re: Biggest 'Best Musical' Tony Upset of all time?!?!
 Feb 27 2006, 12:36:14 AM
SPAMALOT. Period.
I don't know exactly why I feel this way. I very much enjoyed Spamalot and had an excellent experience with the show, however, it just didn't seem like "Best Musical" material to me. If I were forced to choose, I think the honor should have gone to Piazza.

re: 'The Music That Makes Me Dance'
 Feb 26 2006, 06:36:54 PM
Beautiful song. Thanks to all for the tips on different versions. Speaking of "My Man" and the film, I love the story involving Barbra requesting to sing the song live for the camara, rather than using a track of her own vocals, to be able to more freely express herself and connect. Very interesting
re: Best Featured Actress in a Musical - 2006 Tony Award
 Feb 26 2006, 06:30:49 PM
I think Fields will take the Tony- Hands down. She's sensational.
re: A Chorus Line Revival Cast
 Feb 22 2006, 02:08:00 AM
McGill is definitely Mark...I just heard the news first hand.
Chess- Duet Question
 Feb 17 2006, 12:43:04 AM
Hello all!
I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to send me a file of the "Terrace Duet" from the NY version of Chess. Help would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you are able to assist.
Justin

re: worst performances on broadway?
 Feb 13 2006, 09:33:44 PM
Hmmm...I'll say- Shirley Jones in "42nd Street".

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Feb 13 2006, 09:23:55 PM
Caroline Or Change was a pretentious, Grade A-CRAPPY piece of theatre. There must have been some deep hidden meaning that went right over my head. Two and a half hours of dull sets, annoying performances, singing washing machines, and an uninteresting plot.
And Tonya Pinkins...
was rather terrible.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You