News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lovettespies

lovettespies Profile Photo
Member Name: lovettespies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Finding Obscure Cast Recordings
 Jul 15 2006, 09:19:21 AM
Hi!

I'm looking for a recording of The Hired Man composed by Howard Goodall, and have not had much luck. Could anyone give me some hints of how to find rare OBCRs? I live in DC, not New York, so store names probably won't help me TOO much.

Thanks in Advance

re: Urinetown
 Aug 1 2005, 08:57:14 AM
I love Signature. If any of you are ever in DC and feel like some theater I strongly reccomend it. Their production of Urinetown has made me excited beyond comprehension.
re: Broadway's Lost Treasures III
 Jul 7 2005, 08:52:09 AM
I am SO excited. Thank you for posting this, I would have been devestated if I had missed it.
re: How would 'THE LOVELY BONES' work as a play?
 Jul 6 2005, 11:04:22 AM
If it was highly edited and produced in a very creative way, I could see it working very well as a play. I certainly loved the premise.
re: Carrie: The Musical comments?
 Jul 6 2005, 11:03:12 AM
I usually never do this, but there was a thread about this yesterday. You can always bump it up.
re: Carrie, the Musical
 Jul 5 2005, 04:06:38 PM
Some of the songs are actually amazingly good.
Some of the songs are so bad, you can't stop laughing.

I really wish I could have SEEN this, but I'll stick with listening to the few songs I have. Carrie is certainly an interesting work because it's both tragically horrible and impressive at moments. The book Not Since Carrie has some excellent descriptions.

re: Have you heard Adam Guettel singing his Piazza songs (3 demos)? WOW!
 Jul 5 2005, 12:16:16 PM
Wow.

I'm speechless. He's just so good.

re: Guys singing a girl's song
 Jul 5 2005, 11:56:20 AM
I liked it too. I didn't think I would, based on the originial idea, but you did an excellent job. That's the entire risk of switching genders for a song though isn't it. If you're not going to do something amazing, then it looks shabby, butyu did a very good job.
re: PRODUCERS MOVIE VIDEO CLIPS!!!!!
 Jul 4 2005, 06:10:50 PM
Thank you so much!
re: Rick Lyon
 Jul 4 2005, 12:33:37 PM
He'll be sorely missed.
re: FOREIGN HAIRSPRAY VIDEO CLIP (YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS)
 Jul 4 2005, 09:34:57 AM
I like the television too, but not Motormouth and not Tracy. In some of the closeups she actually had wrinkles, but she still seemed very talented.

Overall, that was very amusing in a very scary way.

re: I can totally see WIll as Franz now...
 Jul 2 2005, 04:41:48 PM
Excellent picture. I really hope he does as well as I have been imagining.
re: Message Board trend
 Jul 1 2005, 11:32:25 AM
Just to add another comment about those under 21 and their alleged underappreciation of the more classical Broadway shows.

I am 16 (17 in a few days) and like the many people who have posted before me, I have (and always will have) a great appreciation for older musicals. Musicals older than ALW even! <-- note the sarcasm. I was introduced to Broadway when I was a few moths old. My mother would play Evita for me in the car instead of Disney musicals. When we moved to New York, I be

re: 'Annie' Ending Changed?
 Jun 27 2005, 11:17:53 AM
Taht was what I thought this thread was originally about gwalke4. It was a big problem. Little kids were leaving in tears. In the end, Annie wakes up in bed and tearfully sings Tomorrow. I think the production was production was actually asked to stop.
re: Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are dead!
 Jun 18 2005, 06:40:29 PM
It's ana amazing plan. Just... incredible
re: Urinetown Addiction
 Jun 18 2005, 06:39:00 PM
Oh god.... one of my favorite shows of all time.
re: ALW vs. Sondheim
 Jun 15 2005, 05:32:09 PM
I have to go with Sondheim. He just seems to have more pure talent and and unique style. He's done numerous kinds of musical styles without ever seeming out of his league. ALW will probably always be more recognizable by casual theater fans, but Sondheim will always be a god to this community. Literally.
re: Gregory Jbara's Web Cam is now on!
 Jun 11 2005, 08:27:36 PM
Yes! Come join the party.
re: ACCUBRAODWAY ROCKS!
 Jun 11 2005, 07:19:29 PM
It's great. I really love that site.
re: Forbidden Broadway has scarred me
 Jun 9 2005, 10:18:26 PM
Yup. It happens allllll the time.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You