News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bluemangirl

bluemangirl Profile Photo
Member Name: bluemangirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: [title of show] Stars Perform at Tower Records on Aug. 2
 Aug 2 2006, 08:41:42 AM
Hi [tos]sers! Just a note that the cd signing will actually start at 6:00 at the Tower Records at Lincoln Center.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

*See the [title of show] blog (link below) for Heidi's clarification.*

*EDIT, it would be helpful if I listed the correct store...

re: [title of show] is back and wonderful
 Jul 31 2006, 02:41:12 PM
Hi all you bwayworld [tos]sers,

I'm actually looking for an usher or two for tonight's performance (8:00pm). The one I had scheduled called out sick. So if you'd like to enjoy this fantastic show for the small price of 20 minutes of tearing tickets and handing out programs, PM me and I will arrange it. First come, first serve, but we have plenty of availability throughout the run, so ask away!

Thanks in advance!

re: Drama Desk Awards Thread...
 May 21 2006, 11:40:07 PM
"The Tony Voters just switched their ballots to Michael C. after listening to this speech."

hee.

re: tickets to the tonys I GOT MINE
 May 10 2005, 09:23:19 AM
I was entering my credit card information, and got a message saying "Internal System Error" which bounced me back to the home page, and when I went back in, the tickets were sold out. Um, that is SO ridiculous, when I KNOW they have tickets available. Why do they make this such a frustrating process?
re: Time to come out of the Broadway closet
 Nov 2 2004, 12:31:45 AM
I loved the Scarlet Pimpernel. I have no idea what version it was when I finally saw in on tour in Dallas, but it made me laugh so much!
re: BroadwayWorld.com Frequent Users Professions
 Oct 27 2004, 01:07:31 AM
I work in finance for Blue Man Group, and I'm also a full time arts management grad student at Brooklyn College.
re: Tamyra Gray
 Oct 15 2004, 07:35:48 AM
I'm glad someone posted here, I thought I was making it up when I was reading it this morning.

Um, interesting...

re: What was the first musical you saw?
 Oct 13 2004, 12:12:12 AM
My first musical was Peter Pan at Jones Hall in Houston, TX. circa 1984...

My first Broadway musical was The Producers in 2001.

Did it take me long enough to get to New York?!

re: Ever attended the Tonys?
 Oct 12 2004, 11:59:10 PM
I know it's a little overrated to some, but I think that Tony night is one of my favorite nights of the year. I love getting all dressed up and seeing everyone and all the schomoozing and everything. I went to the last 2 Tonys, and I had a blast.

And good news (sort of)...I only paid $125 (better than $250)for my ticket and they were front row first mezz. You just have to be persistent. :)

re: THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE Tour
 Oct 1 2004, 03:29:14 PM
Perhaps a little off-topic, but I saw Darcie Roberts play Fannie Brice in Funny Girl at the Theatre Under the Stars in Houston a few years ago, and she was amazing. I haven't seen her as Millie, though, but I've heard wonderful things.
re: Altar Boyz
 Sep 20 2004, 11:55:24 AM
I saw it last night, and Cheyenne was back and healthy! He told us after the show that he was just exahusted and dehydrated, but that he was feeling 100% better.

The show was hilarious! I highly recommend it if you can still find tickets this weekend! It was packed last night!

re: What was last show?
 Aug 3 2004, 06:55:52 PM
The last show I saw was Sight Unseen on July 15. It was wonderful, and Keri Russell and Topher Gracer were sitting directly across the aisle from us. It was a very exciting night for this slave to the WB.
re: SOLD OUT
 May 10 2004, 12:51:40 PM
Sooooo quickly! I got through at 9:20, and they were already gone. I have a hard time believing that though, I mean, really, Radio City is so big! Maybe, I'm being overly optimistic because I want to go so much, but I'm hoping they release some more seats later in the month.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: ILLYRIA benefit
 Mar 19 2004, 11:29:15 AM
I LOVE that picture of him from his Cabaret show. I just can't bring myself to change it to anything else. And those jeans...

Anyway, the reception was fun too! Though I sat outside for the whole thing and it was freezing, I did enjoy my share of cake and ale...oh and those eggrolls. Yum.

But, I digress...it was good times! And I agree with whoever said they were looking forward to Little Women, I think Megan will be simply beautiful in her role.

re: re: re: re: ILLYRIA benefit
 Mar 16 2004, 11:50:22 AM
I really enjoyed it too! I thought the music and lyrics were teriffic! A very well done interpretation of Twelfth Night. I was very glad to hear that it will be produced this summer (a Shakespeare company in New Jersey I think).

The casting was very well done, and I felt all the people played their parts wonderfully! I heard from the stage manager that due to scheduling conflicts, they only had one run-through with the full cast before the concert. I especially loved Dan Jenkins, who

re: ILLYRIA benefit
 Mar 15 2004, 11:51:42 AM
I'm going! I just bought my ticket online. I can't wait! As my picture would indicate, I fully support anything Gavin Creel-related.
re: Gypsy to Close...
 Feb 2 2004, 04:30:06 PM
Yes, thought I was going crazy. I just posted it, and now it's gone. Hmmm.

Anyway, I am very sad to hear that the show is closing. We sure need this economy to pick up fast or a lot of our favorite shows could find themselves in trouble.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Sutton Foster in Little Women
 Nov 26 2003, 01:03:07 PM
I just saw this article was posted in another topic and I felt the need to apologize for repeating it. Sorry! I must already be thinking about turkey!
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Sutton Foster in Little Women
 Nov 26 2003, 12:58:21 PM
rlbgbc -
Playbill.com is saying that Maureen McGovern will be playing Marmee. Interesting choice. The other names involved are: Janet Carroll as Aunt March, John Hickok (Aida) as Professor Bhaer, Danny Gurwin (The Thing About Men) as Laurie, Jim Weitzer as John Brooke, Robert Stattel as Mr. Laurence, Amy Ruthberg as Meg, Megan McGinnis (Belle in Beauty and the Beast) as Beth, Amy McAlexander as Amy, with Christopher Gunn, Larisa Shukiss, Julie Foldesi, Andrew Varela and Anne Kanengeiser.
re: re: re: re: re: re: Rosie is flippin' the old 'Taboo bird'
 Nov 21 2003, 10:00:59 PM
Oh my gosh, I almost fell out of my chair when I read that! I thought it was so awesome that her publicist would say that, when it was SO obvious what she was doing, both in speech and action.

Ah well...whatever.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You