News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Observation

Member Name: Observation
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:29:00 PM

Illinois just brought tears to my eyes. I wish I would have seen it when it was in Chicago! 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:14:11 PM

Dan6 said: "Trying to put myself in the position of someone who hasn’t seen any of these shows, W4E was the first performance that made me think I wanted to see it."

As someone in this exact position, If I were in NYC, I would prioritize a ticket for Water For Elephants. Aside from some of the terrible camera work (obvs not performers fault) I was enthralled! 

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow
 Jun 13 2024, 03:32:45 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Observation said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Observation said: "Robbie2 said: "Matt Rogers said: "Robbie2 said: "Front mezz for only $165 including fees is cheap surprised and grabbed a pair as they will go quick!"

“Only $165” has to be the saddest thing I have read on here in a while. Well, I guess that’s how things are going. Every queen in town is willing to pay $250 to s

Jun 13 2024, 03:27:42 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Observation said: "Robbie2 said: "Matt Rogers said: "Robbie2 said: "Front mezz for only $165 including fees is cheap surprised and grabbed a pair as they will go quick!"

“Only $165” has to be the saddest thing I have read on here in a while. Well, I guess that’s how things are going. Every queen in town is willing to pay $250 to see Jinx Monsoon off Broadway in Little Shop and they propel

Jun 13 2024, 12:01:05 PM

Robbie2 said: "Matt Rogers said: "Robbie2 said: "Front mezz for only $165 including fees is cheap surprised and grabbed a pair as they will go quick!"

“Only $165” has to be the saddest thing I have read on here in a while. Well, I guess that’s how things are going. Every queen in town is willing to pay $250 to see Jinx Monsoon off Broadway in Little Shop and they propelled Oh, Mary to Broadway by paying $190 for top price ticke

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 Jun 6 2024, 03:12:19 PM

Yes seriously, because your post isn't showing up on my end, it's a blank post with a broken link. So calm your tits. 

Jun 6 2024, 03:09:38 PM

I'm just curious at who she would be? Unless Viola? Could she be joining the producing team? Ahhh the marketing team is soooo good at drumming up interest. 

Jun 1 2024, 07:07:13 PM

Just got out of the matinee! Jennifer Simard was still out and we got the fabulous understudy, Natalie Charle Ellis who was hilarious!! Anyone know if Jen will be back before the show closes tomorrow? Hoping she’s ok!  Natalie definitely reminded me of Jennifer, but she made all the bits her own and was getting a lot of laughs from the audience. 

I saw the show on the first preview, and again later that week, so it was very fun to see the changes made. T

May 31 2024, 05:58:58 PM

I'm going to try for rush tickets this weekend. Anyone try it out in Chicago yet? Wondering how busy the rush line is and how early I should get there. Box Office appears to open at 11am 

2024-2025 Broadway Season
 May 29 2024, 04:35:16 PM

I'm already excited for the Tony for Best Lead Actress in a Musical.

Sutton Foster

Audra McDonald

Megan Hilty

Jen Simard

Nicole Scherzinger

Already an embarrassment of riches!!

May 8 2024, 08:54:01 PM

TheWindAndTheRain said: "I was at the show last night and had an absolute BLAST. There is definitely work that needs to be done structurally, butI found it so refreshing to see a big musical comedy with really funny jokes that are actually character-driven and not random one-liners (looking at you, Robert Horn). Hilty is a comic revelation and it is wonderful to finally see Simard in the Leading Lady role she so rightfully deserves. Sieber is a comic master as always, and I hope they

May 8 2024, 12:11:30 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe they can have Amy Winehouse or something in this - someone else instantly recognizable."

My deepest desire during this whole scene was to have a Marilyn there, Madeline running into the Marilyn, and Madeline/Megan saying something along the lines of "It's like looking in a mirror" or "If that's what she looks like now, let me be that star." Just something stupid and meta for the

May 7 2024, 12:10:26 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Countless multi Tony Award winning performers and creatives have been attached to productions that heavily flopped so that doesn’t guarantee anything. Even LuPone has been involved with flops."

I must admit, with some of the responses I've been reading, I am definitely hoping Death Becomes Her doesn't become the next "Women on the Verge..." in that it's got some heavy hitters, some talent, but they never quite figured

May 4 2024, 01:33:12 AM

I saw the show again this evening after winning the lottery. 

The crowd was not as enthusiastic as they were opening night, but there to be expected, I guess. 

I noticed some changes but definitely cannot remember enough to give a detailed analysis like BalconyClub, but some of the scene transitions are clunky to me, some of the dialogue has changed just slightly enough that it appears they’re aware and working on it. I’m als

May 2 2024, 12:16:01 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Does Simard eat frosting from the can?"

In the first preview she did not eat frosting from a can, but she did eat what I *think* were coconut bon-bons. I couldn't tell exactly what it was from where I was sitting, but she stuffed her face and said something about "coconuts are fruit so it's healthy." 

May 2 2024, 12:10:18 AM

Bill Snibson said: "BalconyClub said: "I’m not with the show and I don’t work at the theatre, but it’s a hobby to see changes from oneweeknightto other weeknights.

Wednesday night’s show already felt tighter, with a more confident Michelle Williams.

Act I ran 1 hour 19 minutes.

Act Ilran 50 minutes, including bows.

Elvis’s role has been lessened. He no longer knocks on the mansion door of Viola Van Hor

May 1 2024, 12:07:55 PM

Sorry for million of posts but also just catching, in Hilty’s opening song, she literally sang “we all know that this whole damn show is for the gays/gaze!” 😂 they know that they’re doing. 

May 1 2024, 11:15:14 AM

Some of these comments bring up a point that I had asked a friend last night. “Do you think if someone walked into this show without seeing the movie, would any of this make sense or land?” And we were not sure how to answer that. I would be interested to get some takes on it from folks who have never seen the film, because to be honest, I could see the musical being all over the place. I still very much enjoyed it. I will also go back later in the run to see what changes they mad

May 1 2024, 01:32:59 AM

Just got home from first preview. Here are my thoughts, I *think* I am able to do so without spoilers :)

What I loved:

- Megan Hilty: I have never seen her let loose like this. She is having a blast with this material and she sounds great! Her Madeline is definitely her own. Some of her line delivery had me in stitches! She looks fantastic, sounds fantastic! The quick changes in her first number alone. I hope she makes that song part of her live concerts, it should

Apr 30 2024, 10:03:15 PM

At intermission now! So far loving it! Very tight show. I didn’t know I needed Megan Hilty singing a song for the gays dressed a Liza Minelli. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You