News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Observation

Member Name: Observation
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 8 2024, 08:54:01 PM

TheWindAndTheRain said: "I was at the show last night and had an absolute BLAST. There is definitely work that needs to be done structurally, butI found it so refreshing to see a big musical comedy with really funny jokes that are actually character-driven and not random one-liners (looking at you, Robert Horn). Hilty is a comic revelation and it is wonderful to finally see Simard in the Leading Lady role she so rightfully deserves. Sieber is a comic master as always, and I hope they

May 8 2024, 12:11:30 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe they can have Amy Winehouse or something in this - someone else instantly recognizable."

My deepest desire during this whole scene was to have a Marilyn there, Madeline running into the Marilyn, and Madeline/Megan saying something along the lines of "It's like looking in a mirror" or "If that's what she looks like now, let me be that star." Just something stupid and meta for the

May 7 2024, 12:10:26 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Countless multi Tony Award winning performers and creatives have been attached to productions that heavily flopped so that doesn’t guarantee anything. Even LuPone has been involved with flops."

I must admit, with some of the responses I've been reading, I am definitely hoping Death Becomes Her doesn't become the next "Women on the Verge..." in that it's got some heavy hitters, some talent, but they never quite figured

May 4 2024, 01:33:12 AM

I saw the show again this evening after winning the lottery. 

The crowd was not as enthusiastic as they were opening night, but there to be expected, I guess. 

I noticed some changes but definitely cannot remember enough to give a detailed analysis like BalconyClub, but some of the scene transitions are clunky to me, some of the dialogue has changed just slightly enough that it appears they’re aware and working on it. I’m als

May 2 2024, 12:16:01 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Does Simard eat frosting from the can?"

In the first preview she did not eat frosting from a can, but she did eat what I *think* were coconut bon-bons. I couldn't tell exactly what it was from where I was sitting, but she stuffed her face and said something about "coconuts are fruit so it's healthy." 

May 2 2024, 12:10:18 AM

Bill Snibson said: "BalconyClub said: "I’m not with the show and I don’t work at the theatre, but it’s a hobby to see changes from oneweeknightto other weeknights.

Wednesday night’s show already felt tighter, with a more confident Michelle Williams.

Act I ran 1 hour 19 minutes.

Act Ilran 50 minutes, including bows.

Elvis’s role has been lessened. He no longer knocks on the mansion door of Viola Van Hor

May 1 2024, 12:07:55 PM

Sorry for million of posts but also just catching, in Hilty’s opening song, she literally sang “we all know that this whole damn show is for the gays/gaze!” 😂 they know that they’re doing. 

May 1 2024, 11:15:14 AM

Some of these comments bring up a point that I had asked a friend last night. “Do you think if someone walked into this show without seeing the movie, would any of this make sense or land?” And we were not sure how to answer that. I would be interested to get some takes on it from folks who have never seen the film, because to be honest, I could see the musical being all over the place. I still very much enjoyed it. I will also go back later in the run to see what changes they mad

May 1 2024, 01:32:59 AM

Just got home from first preview. Here are my thoughts, I *think* I am able to do so without spoilers :)

What I loved:

- Megan Hilty: I have never seen her let loose like this. She is having a blast with this material and she sounds great! Her Madeline is definitely her own. Some of her line delivery had me in stitches! She looks fantastic, sounds fantastic! The quick changes in her first number alone. I hope she makes that song part of her live concerts, it should

Apr 30 2024, 10:03:15 PM

At intermission now! So far loving it! Very tight show. I didn’t know I needed Megan Hilty singing a song for the gays dressed a Liza Minelli. 

Apr 29 2024, 01:57:49 PM

KJisgroovy said: "Unless there are major celebrities, Broadway tryouts in Chicago never sell well before they open. They never have. Once word of mouth and reviews kick in, they sell out the last few weeks of their run (or don't)."

A lot of the theater goers I know (including myself) take full advantage of the day of rush tickets and lottery tickets. For tonight's show, I purchased a $25 ticket in the balcony on a special. Every month on the 25th th

Apr 28 2024, 09:34:42 PM

Seeing the show on Tuesday!  I just watched the movie to familiarize myself. I also came across this article that I found interesting. I'll report back as well!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffconway/2024/04/23/death-becomes-her-cast--creators-on-turning-the-film-into-a-musical/?sh=6feac769489a

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24
 Apr 9 2024, 04:36:45 PM

Any chance Lempicka pulls the plug and doesn't open? Those numbers seem like, BAD bad. 

LEMPICKA Previews
 Apr 4 2024, 06:54:08 PM

I saw Eden in the Falsettos tour and found her to be extremely pitchy then. 

Mar 29 2024, 10:40:36 AM

I purchased a ticket for opening night in Chicago! I just rewatched the movie to refamiliarize myself. Excited to report back!! 

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi
 Nov 28 2023, 01:26:29 PM

RippedMan said: "I think it's also Mitchell. This show should feel bigger, lusher, and more tech heavy than it does. But that's not really his wheel house. Like the fact that the floor is just black makes it all feel very cheap and ready to tour."

Agreed! The red Time Square steps with the projections disappointed me. The stage never felt full or busy. 

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi
 Nov 27 2023, 03:57:21 PM

I caught the show last week, and I must admit, this one wasn't for me. I went in with zero expectations and had pretty limited knowledge of Betty Boop, so I guess take that as you will. 

The show was very projection heavy (and at times came across as lazy, in my opinion) and there were moments where I felt like I was watching a tour version of a show. There is some fun stage magic, but it never felt like the show was firing on all cylinders. That being said, Jasmine Amy Rogers

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chicago
 Nov 22 2023, 11:26:11 AM

These reports are making me excited to see this! I won lottery tickets and seeing this evening. 

Will report back! 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 14 2023, 09:10:35 PM

Can someone message me a link to the trailer? It looks like the twitter video was deleted :( 

SPAMALOT To Play The St James This Fall
 Aug 1 2023, 04:01:53 PM

inception said: "Nick Kroll? John Mulaney? Are those "stars?" Should we lower our expectations? How about...

Brad Pitt with Leonardo DiCaprio

Adam Sandler & Drew Barrymore

Ben Stiller & Robert DeNiro

Jim Carey & Jeff Daniels

Owen & Luke Wilson

Steve Martin & Martin Short
"

I said what I said. Nick Kroll and John Mulaney. Thanks! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You