News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for philitalia

philitalia Profile Photo
Member Name: philitalia
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Angela Lansbury to star in 2013 NYC production of Enid Bagnold's The Chalk Garden  Nov 5 2012, 05:49:45 AM
The article says :
She is all about moving forward and is already anticipating a role in New York this time next year in the Enid Bagnold play The Chalk Garden

Evita Cast Recording Preview  Jun 15 2012, 05:26:06 AM
The orchestra may sound tinny because it's an MP3 sample. Never liked that format.
Well, I hope that's the reason

London LES MISERABLES  Jun 6 2012, 07:52:44 AM
The longer it runs, the shorter it gets. Give it a few years and it'll be Les Mis abridged

Most Performances of a Lead Character?  May 23 2012, 06:40:36 AM
Maybe not a lead, but Lon Satton - Mr Starlight Express
Was Streisand the first to sing the Sunset Blvd songs to the public?  May 8 2012, 01:32:06 PM
Don't know who was the first to sing these songs to a public, but the "Back To Broadway"-cd contains With One Look and As If We Never Said Goodbye. It was the first time these songs were released to the general public - at least in Europe.
That cd was released before the London Cast Recording.

Streisand turned "Memory" into a huge hit worldwide, so I suppose it made good sense.

Ricky Martin Stage Door Evita  Apr 12 2012, 02:01:08 AM
It's a pandemonium out there.

Evita  Apr 2 2012, 08:23:13 AM
We saw the show Friday and loved it (maybe a little too polished ?).
I'm not from the US and sometimes (when Elena has to "talk" loudly and quickly she can be a little difficult to understand (and we were in really good seats).

She got a great applause at the end, but I think a big part of the audience came to see Rickyyyyyyy.

Last Friday it was fast-paced and we thought the whole cast and the orchestra sounded wonderful.

Evita  Mar 13 2012, 01:55:00 PM
This thread was first - though the other is funnier
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/22  Jan 23 2012, 03:32:53 PM
Ouch, Mamma Mia must be losing Money Money Money
L or R Orchestra Aisle Seats Nederlander?  Jan 23 2012, 12:45:45 PM
If the seat numbers on my seating chart are correct then they're good seats. It's not a very wide stage
L or R Orchestra Aisle Seats Nederlander?  Jan 23 2012, 11:37:47 AM
As far as I can remember they're all ok, but I'd try to stay as close to the center as possible
Loudest thing you've heard on stage?  Jan 23 2012, 06:25:43 AM
Act 2 of "Buddy-The Musical". 3 weeks later my ears were still ringing

The last few lines of the song "The Winner Takes It All" in Mamma Mia on Broadway. Had to cover ears

Who Is Attending The First Preview of  Jan 18 2012, 05:52:44 AM
If she did she could show him photos of her swimming pool
WARNING To Anyone Buying The New WEST SIDE STORY Blu-Ray!  Oct 28 2011, 02:23:23 AM
What a pity. I was hoping for a nicely restored version for its 50th anniversary. The dvd version I own has some parts where the sound is completely out of sinc with the image
Evita Tickets  Oct 19 2011, 10:20:15 AM
Got tix in row L (orchestra) first row that's not premium.
$150 in previews.

Evita Tickets  Oct 18 2011, 11:18:42 AM
Ricky Martin posted a link on twitter that connects to TM and from today Audience Rewards is also selling tickets
Evita Tickets  Oct 18 2011, 06:17:39 AM
According to what I've read opening night is on April 5.

And one more scoop - EVITA is now likely to move to....  Oct 14 2011, 07:33:25 AM
Apparently Evita tickets for general public go on sale 29 oct.
Group tickets (Givenik) and some special tix already available ... it's still the Marquis.

Rumor: LES MIZ movie may be shot in 3D... Thoughts?  Sep 20 2011, 08:27:33 AM
The "3D without glasses"-technology already exists and some of those tv-sets are already being sold in Japan.

Personally I really don't care much for 3D. It's a nice gadget. Many films available in 3D are actually shot in 2D and then manipulated into 3D (as stated before)

As for Les Mis in 3D ? I hope they spend that money on a good orchestra.

International theater festivals  Aug 9 2011, 04:15:51 AM
There's a festival in Avignon in France where companies from outside France perform.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You