News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dalton

Member Name: dalton
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Telecharge or Box Office
 Jun 1 2019, 06:14:48 PM

I come to NYC each year to catch as many shows as I can during my stay.  I have been appalled at the surge (to me it seems) in ticket prices on Telecharge/Ticketmaster. I was typically able to secure an off center orchestra seat for under $200 in the past.  In fact, in March, I purchased a ticket for under $200 for Tootsie.

Now such tickets for Mockingbird and Moulin Rouge run at least $250-500 for the cheapest off-center orchestra or mezzanine seats. Would it ever be bet

Renee Fleming: A Real Pro
 Sep 4 2018, 06:03:33 PM

Loved the Stritch story. But she was from another era, the Golden Age of Broadway, when legends like Merman, Martin and Channing never, or rarely, missed performances or relied on understudies. Check the previous posts about Carousel to see comments that it has been difficult to come to a performance when all of the leads were performing. 

Renee Fleming: A Real Pro
 Sep 3 2018, 07:44:01 PM

I bought tickets to the Saturday evening performance of Carousel with the hopes of seeing Renee Fleming before she left the show. I then discovered that she would be singing Danny Boy at John McCain's funeral that morning and figured that there was no way she would fly back to NYC on this day to play the evening performance. I just knew her understudy would go on. I was so wrong.  This magnificent pro not only sang a moving tribute to John McCain in DC in the morning but she returned

Who sings the best Soliloquy?
 Aug 17 2018, 08:33:38 PM

No one, as great as they are, can touch John Raitt, the original Billy Bigelow. 

Dear Evan Hansen - Ben Platt Attendance
 Sep 6 2017, 09:42:13 PM

I saw DEH on Wednesday evening, August 30, and Ben was out. Usher just said he's decided to take some time off  No explanation. We came all the way from Georgia just to see Ben. Rachel Ray Jones was off also. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You