News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alloverthree

Member Name: alloverthree
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lottery/Rush Help
 Nov 8 2009, 12:00:53 PM
Hey, I haven't been to NYC at all this year, so I'm out of the loop as far as what shows are too risky for lottery/rush. I'm going to be here Wednesday thru Sunday of this week (Nov 11- Nov 15), and I want to get in as many shows as possible.

I still haven't seen In the Heights because I've previously never been able to win. Is the lottery still packed for it? What about Next to Normal and Bye Bye Birdie? Also, is Avenue Q's lottery still pretty much the same?

Thanks in a

re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
 Jan 1 2009, 10:54:23 PM
Thanks! I guess to be on the safe side, I'll just check with the venue to make sure.
re: Rent tour; 'two significant changes to the production'
 Jan 1 2009, 10:44:03 PM
How do the lotteries work for the tour shows? Does each venue have a lottery for each performance? Are the seats front and second row like they were in NY? I've never done a lottery for any tour show, so I'm not sure if it's the same process or if it's totally different.

Thanks!

re: TWILIGHT THE MUSICAL!!!
 Nov 29 2008, 10:09:12 PM
Well, whether or not he technically swallows and CONSUMES it isn't my point. He still uses his teeth to extract a child from her as she lies naked on a table with a broken spine. It's a good thing her husband's there to perform an emergency oral C-section. Oh, and her best friend, too, to fall in love with the baby.
 Nov 29 2008, 09:24:53 PM
[QUOTE]I'm excited to see how the birth would go over onstage. Could be very attractive.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? That "birth" scene is the reason Breaking Dawn will never even be made into a MOVIE, much less put on stage. Please, PLEASE explain what would be "attractive" about a completely naked woman with a broken spine lying on a table while her vampire lover EATS the child out of her- yes SPOILER ALERT.. he eats her uterus!! That is not attractive- that is disgusting and will nev

Nov 29 2008, 11:36:07 AM
If anyone from the Spring Awakening cast should move over as Bella, I wouldn't go with Lea Michele, I'd go with Lauren Pritchard- she's got the corner market on the emo attitude of that bunch.
 Nov 29 2008, 04:08:38 AM
I've actually been thinking about this same topic lately... and I'm afraid it really WILL happen.

Unlike Harry Potter, which would be impossible to put on stage, somebody somewhere will figure out how to transform the plotless wonder of Twilight and set it to music for profit.

re: Equus 11/22/08- Daniel Radcliffe's Pants
 Nov 23 2008, 07:14:02 PM
I agree. He seems to have a really good head on his shoulders and a real sense of maturity that you don't often see in ANY nineteen year old boys, much less ones that are worth even half as much as he is... Actually, I think all the kids from the Harry Potter films seem to be more mature than your average child stars, so whoever has been helping them through this last decade or so must really have their best interests at heart. They're all ridiculously famous with ridiculous amounts of money,
re: 13 rush
 Nov 23 2008, 07:09:41 PM
I went a few weeks ago on a Sunday when the box office opened at noon. I got there about 11, and there were maybe 15 people in front of me. They were all doing the matinee, though, so I was the first person online who wanted tickets for the evening show. I ended up front row center. I don't understand their one ticket per ID policy, though. Do any other shows do that? I don't understand why they would, especially when they're clearly not selling out to even close to full capacity.
 Nov 23 2008, 12:31:04 PM
Well, the day I saw it with the $1600 t-shirt, it was two men fighting for the top bid as well...
 Nov 23 2008, 12:11:04 PM
I saw Equus at the matinee performance on Nov 8th, and they auctioned off an Equus t-shirt that Daniel Radcliffe wore out post-curtain call. It went for $1600! He was great during that auction, too, rubbing his sweat into it and asking for "one million dollars!"
re: 13 - Some Thoughts & Questions
 Nov 11 2008, 01:05:22 AM
I saw the show Sunday evening, and I was VERY surprised to find that I enjoyed it tons! I did rush, and prior to the show, four of the cast members were found wandering around outside the theatre, which was funny since there were some 13 fangirls who didn't even notice them. But I thought the show was great for what it was, lots of fun and very talented kids- especially the girl who plays Patrice.
re: How is the Equus rush?
 Nov 11 2008, 01:02:48 AM
I did it this weekend, and the rush line didn't start filling up until about 30 minutes before the box office opened. They sell the onstage seats first and then start selling the back of the theatre. I sat onstage center, and the seats weren't really that awful at all. I mean, it sucked a little to lean forward, but it's not that bad. Plus, the show is staged so that tons of scenes and shots are actually staged towards the back. My only complaint was that Richard Griffith was a bit difficul
re: Equus Question
 Nov 4 2008, 09:52:37 PM
Awesome, thanks!
re: Equus Question
 Nov 4 2008, 09:49:07 PM
Yeah, this is the policy per Playbill:

Equus
Student Rush: $31.50 - sold on the day of performance when the box office opens. Only available for the following performances: Tuesday & Wednesday evenings; Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday matinees. Subject to availability and discretion of management. Limit 2 tickets per valid ID.

I just didn't know if it's something really crazy where you've got to show up at 5AM or if you could show up around 8 and still be okay.

Equus Question
 Nov 4 2008, 09:41:09 PM
What's the student rush like on the weekends? Any ideas on what time you'd have to show up in order to actually get tickets?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You