News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for goldfinchmeadowlark

goldfinchmeadowlark Profile Photo
Member Name: goldfinchmeadowlark
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 28 2017, 09:44:42 AM

tvgus2 said: "Has anybody heard back from 1984?"

I recall reading recently, if not here on this board (?), that someone heard back promptly for a full-cast-signed Playbill. I think the company is asking for a $20 donation to BC/EFA.

Jun 28 2017, 12:02:10 AM

Moriah3 said: "Thank you so much! Does anyone know if Derek Klena responds and if Courtney Reed does?  And what the address is to send to Aladdin?"

I haven't written to them, but Lightcatchers on Facebook have reported that Mr. Klena has recently signed/returned his card and Ms. Reed has responded to fan mail -- I remember seeing that the principal Aladdin cast members sent out postcard-sized images of themselves individu

Jun 16 2017, 09:47:28 PM

TopNotchBrain said: "Has anyone sent an already signed playbill to a theater to get signed?  If I've stage doored and have a few signatures, is it common to send it along to a specific actor  and have them sign instead of asking for another playbill?  I'm just thinking it would be better for displaying if all the signatures were on playbill but I don't want to do it if there's a huge risk that I won't get it back?"

In early 2016, I

Jun 1 2017, 10:05:08 AM

thebookofwhizzer said: "Does anybody know if these actors respond (i have already sent them things)

Christy Altomare at
Anastasia 

Corey Cott at
Bandstand

Barrett Doss at Groundhog Day

Chris Diamantopoulos at Waitress

Lin Manuel-Miranda 

Andy Mientus

Will Swenson at
Waitress

I mailed 3 of these 2 weeks ago and mailed the rest today.<

May 24 2017, 01:12:56 PM

What a lovely surprise -- just now I checked the mail to find a SASE nestled among circulars and other junk. I wondered whose it might be, since I haven't sent any letters in awhile; it was my signed Lights of Broadway card from Kelli O'Hara with a sweet apology for my letter (postmarked April 12, 2017, five days before she left The King and I) being misplaced last spring during her move from LCT! (I was just listening to The Bridges of Madison County OBCR

May 23 2017, 09:02:08 PM

tvgus2 said: "Has anybody sent an item to the theater to be signed and never got it back? I wrote a very nice letter to Danny DeVito at The Price along with a poster and it never came back. Not sure if I'll get it back seeing that the play is done. "

I sent kind letters to Kelli O'Hara (and her Lights of Broadway card) when she was in The King and I at Vivian Beaumont/Lincoln Center Theatre a few weeks before she left and

May 15 2017, 11:33:32 AM

thebookofwhizzer said: "i think i'm going to send a request to Hello, Dolly! along with the check, and a letter to Judy Kuhn. Anybody know if Rebecca Luker replies? also what's her address? i have a Mary Poppins playbill i would love signed"

Rebecca Luker does reply; I sent her a letter and Lights of Broadway cards (one for her to keep, one to sign for me) last spring during her stint in Fun Home. (I played The Music Man revival recording on repeat in high school, and then I later discovered The Secret Garden OBCR, so she has always been one of my favorite sopranos.) She enclosed a sweet note with my card.

Her website lists some contact information, but not the mailing address for her agent: http://www.rebeccaluker.com/contact-information.html

Some quick Googling (Tamara Tunie is also a client of Ms. Fargo) yielded the following address (Ms. Tunie's contact page information included the same phone number listed for Ms. Fargo on Ms. Luker's page):

Sarah Fargo
Paradigm Talent Agency
360 Park Avenue South
?New York, NY 10010

May 14 2017, 10:29:12 PM

thebookofwhizzer said: "does anybody know Judy Kuhn's mailing address? also does she even reply, if so how long?"

Her website lists an address for requests: http://www.judykuhn.net/contact.html

I haven't sent her anything (yet) because I thanked her both times I saw Fun Home (she and the whole cast were total sweethearts, even after a matinee) and after a performance of hers with Seth Rudetsky, so I am not sure as to length of time for a reply.

Feb 9 2017, 11:13:12 AM

musicman_bwayfan wrote: Anyone try THE PRESENT, BRONX TALE, or GREAT COMET?

A friend of mine in The Lights of Broadway Facebook group heard back from the cast of The Bronx Tale (he requested a signed Playbill and had written to Ariana DeBose).

Jul 31 2016, 02:40:47 PM

Scott Rosson wrote: "How is Fun Home for sending fanmail? I would love to send some to Michael Cerveris and get my OffBroadway playbill signed by the adults..."

I haven't written to the rest of the cast, but I sent a letter to Rebecca Luker the week before her run as Helen ended, and I received a sweet note and signed LoB card from her about four weeks afterwards.

Jul 28 2016, 07:41:13 PM

heyitsb, I saw Hamilton last Halloween and thanked everyone except for Pippa and Oak, who did not stage door. I sent my Playbill via Priority Mail (I did not want to risk losing it :) with a kind letter to the stage manager around Christmas requesting their signatures, and it took about five weeks to receive it.

Jul 18 2016, 12:13:08 AM

laurabenantilover wrote: If anyone was wondering, you can't do it now, but I just got fan mail back from Laura Benanti which I sent about a month ago. If you think she forgot your letter, don't give up hope!

laurabenantilover, congratulations! A friend of mine works in the Roundabout office, and she said that they can forward mail to performers even when shows have closed, so I will try that.

Jun 22 2016, 04:20:40 PM

Jufikar wrote: "Has anyone had success with Hamilton, specifically Phillipa Soo/Leslie Odom Jr? Looking to get my playbills signed before they leave in July."

I was able to send my Playbill to Hamilton's stage manager in late December with a thank you letter and request for Phillipa and Oak to sign (they were the only castmembers who did not come out after the Halloween evening performance); it took about five weeks for it to arrive.

Lights Of Broadway Trading Cards
 Feb 28 2016, 09:32:56 PM

In a recent comment on the official LoB Facebook page, Squigs said late March. He also said that the recently-found box of Summer 2015 cards would likely be released between the completion of the Spring 2016 art (early March) and the Spring 2016 launch.

Jan 30 2016, 09:46:36 AM

atuomala said: "I was very happy to have heard back from Spring Awakening today. I had given up on them when I sent a cast-signed playbill request to them several months ago, and especially when they were asking for a $75 donation in-theater during the BCEFA Winter Collection Period."

Your post gave me hope that I would get mine back soon/too, and I was very glad to receive my signed Playbill in the mail last night!

Jan 24 2016, 06:56:12 PM

atuomala, I received my Fun Home Playbill yesterday morning signed by the remainder of the entire cast -- I had gotten Emily Skeggs, Judy Kuhn, Gabriella Pizzola, Alessandra Baldacchino, Zell Morrow Steele (my favorite!), and Oscar Williams in person when I went in November. Still waiting for Spring Awakening, but I figure it would be some time since it's closing today. (I sent these both at the end of December.)

Jan 20 2016, 12:00:53 PM

atuomala said: Did you receive a cast signed playbill from Allegiance?

I sent my Playbill that Lea Salonga and Catherine had signed when I went to the November 5 preview performance, and I received it with the rest of the cast's signatures and a sweet thank you note from Catherine.

Jan 20 2016, 11:26:40 AM

atuomala: This morning, I received my Playbills from Hamilton and Allegiance with the signatures I requested -- Phillipa and Oak were the only cast members who didn't stagedoor after the Halloween performance, and I needed the rest of the cast beyond Lea Salonga and Catherine Ricafort (a childhood friend who recently left to do Disaster!) It took about four weeks.

Jan 10 2016, 04:00:53 PM

atuomala: I received my Playbill signed by the principals of The King and I last night after having sent my Playbills the morning of December 28 as First Class Parcels with tracking. It was a little damp due to humidity in my hometown, but it was otherwise fine.

(I thought it was interesting and kind that the Sylvia production team/stage management had returned my Playbill signed in a plastic sleeve within my manila SASE.)

&n

Jan 3 2016, 04:00:52 PM

gleek4114, I did not but will gladly donate to BC/EFA in gratitude. Is there a website/blog that lists which shows/casts require a BC/EFA donation? I tried to find an up-to-date list but only found blogs dating from when Newsies was still running.

atuomala, here's hoping! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You