News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jenn3258

Member Name: jenn3258
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rank the TV LIVE musicals
 Sep 3 2017, 10:12:08 AM

I loved Grease, The Sound of Music and Peter Pan. Still hoping that some classics like My Fair Lady, The King and I, Fiddler on the Roof, Gypsy will follow. 

Beauty and the Beast
 Jan 11 2017, 10:13:39 AM

What is the running length of the film? 

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! Viewing Thread
 Dec 13 2016, 12:45:26 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Say what you will but I was listening to "You Can't Stop the Beat" on the bus and literally couldn't stop jamming in my seat. I feel bad for whoever was sitting next to me...

I don`t think anybody is criticizing the joyous score or the soundtrack for that matters, but this year's broadcast  at least for me simple failed to capture the feeling one experience when seeing the show on stage. 

"

Dec 11 2016, 07:46:34 PM

I own all the live shows on DVD and The Sound of Music, Peter Pan, The Wiz had edits to remove faults. That being said I am toying about Hairspray, since personally I did not like it that much. Will it be same performance and will it be edited for the DVD release. 

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 11 2016, 07:43:19 PM

I think its a bit late and do not see a reason for NBC to cancel the show especially having Jennifer Lopez on board. However they do need some other big names ala Zac Efron to attract more audiences. They can't afford to fail again after Hairspray.

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 11 2016, 09:52:58 AM

My choices for Bye Bye Birdie

Rosie DeLeon: Jennifer Lopez, Albert F.Paterson: Patrick Wilson or Matthew Morrison, Zac Efron: Conrad Birdie. Becca Tobin: 

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 10 2016, 08:14:55 PM

mc1227 said: "jenn3258 said: "Nefertiti said: "White Christmas gets my vote.

Patrick Wilson as Bob Wallace, Zachary Levi as Phil Davis, Laura Benanti, Laura Osnes could really shine if it ever had to happen

And who besides theatre fans would be tuning in to see this cast?  

Are you serious about Patrick Wilson alone???

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0933940/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

He has a nice big fan base behind him. And I think same can be said about Levi or better Matthew Morrison. Casting White Christmas wont definitely be a problem for them. 

"

"

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 10 2016, 08:03:41 PM

I also thought and would love to see King and I on television. If Sound of Music was done, I cannot see why they cant go for another show from the R&H catalog. Maybe for 2018 

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 9 2016, 01:35:47 PM

I only hope it wont be the end of the tradition. Whoever they cast Birdie will not be a rating smash. 

Dec 9 2016, 01:34:02 PM

Lets agree to disagree but my opinion was sound of music was the best one to date. From there things started going downhill and for me its not what I expected these broadcasts to be. I cheered when I read that they were doing Hairspray, because in two years we were finally getting another well loved title but how disappointed this left me. I don't know maybe because it failed technically but I feel that this just failed. The opening number which is one of my favorite made me wanna tune ou

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 8 2016, 06:47:42 PM

Danster said: "it sure would be different from what we got for the past three years, and yes something to look forward too. But difficult to obtain rights from the RNH organization that handles the Irving Berlin catalog. I definitely dont see this happening anytime soon. 

If they managed to do Sound of Music, I cant see why White Christmas should be hard to do. It makes no sense. 

"

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 8 2016, 06:23:47 PM

gypsy101 said: "they were not scary ratings, just kind of mediocre for a big live event (the same as peter pan 2 years ago)

Fox's Rocky Horror which was not live delivered only about 4 million and Hairspray which my opinion had potential to deliver between 12 to 15 got less than Peter Pan so yes its scary and would hate for this tradition to see it end.

"

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 8 2016, 06:20:59 PM

Nefertiti said: "White Christmas gets my vote.

Patrick Wilson as Bob Wallace, Zachary Levi as Phil Davis, Laura Benanti, Laura Osnes could really shine if it ever had to happen

Next NBC Live Musical
 Dec 8 2016, 04:42:33 PM

Last night's ratings were scary. I agree that they need to come up with something that generates more interest. Maybe they are still in time to cancel Birdie after all, haven't they already done it with The Music Man last year. 

Kelli O'Hara to depart King and I April 17, Marin Mazzie joins cast May 3
 Feb 22 2016, 05:08:29 PM

I really want to get thickets when they record the performance. I missed South Pacific and would love to watch King and I

King and I
 Feb 22 2016, 05:06:29 PM

does anybody know if and when it will be on PBS? I want to get thickets for that performance.

Feb 22 2016, 05:04:32 PM

Princeton Returns said: "Michelle Dockery would be the ideal actress to open it in London. Considering The Sound of Music (probably the biggest name R&H show) couldn't survive in london without a name im not sure why they think this will sell with an unknown like Kelli. Especially when  The King and I as a show is done on tour often in the UK 

The only reason The Sound of Music did not survive in London was cause it was a terrible production wit

Feb 22 2016, 04:50:33 PM

Does anybody knows when it will be broadcast on PBS?

Feb 22 2016, 04:50:32 PM

Does anybody knows when it will be broadcast on PBS?

Feb 17 2016, 12:59:00 AM

The real Anna was only 33 years of age when she traveled to Thailand to become governess. But that being said the stage show itself differs greatly from the real story, so the actress's age playing Anna does not really matter.

Looking forward to watch the show again real soon

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You