News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sit&dither

sit&dither Profile Photo
Member Name: sit&dither
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
 Jul 28 2022, 10:51:59 PM

Any idea of the staging plans?  With a full orchestra, are they going to skimp on the set and give us more of a concert version?

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Off-Broadway - Previews
 Dec 15 2021, 10:29:18 AM

Melissa25 said: "...There are$25 Lottery seats available on TodayTix."

Anyone have a legit discount code without doing lottery?

Broadway Discounts
 Dec 15 2021, 10:27:26 AM

Tito3 said: "Anything for KIMBERLY AKIMBO? Thanks!"

Also hoping for a Kimberly Akimbo discount if anyone knows of one!  TIA

LuPone on Sondheim, ALW, Laurents, Prince and more
 Oct 23 2019, 09:25:46 PM

GavestonPS said: "...I've had a couple of days to think about that paragraph claiming Prince treated her "like a stupid chorus girl". I think the passage speaks volumes about LuPone, not so much about Prince. As I said above, she could have handled it by simply saying, "I'm sorry. I thought that was what you wanted. Tell me what you would like instead." Escalating the matter to the point of PTSD was her choice."

I, too, have had a couple o

Passion at Signature Theatre
 Aug 15 2018, 02:47:05 PM
Does anyone have a promo code valid for September performances?
Sweeney 3.0 (ish)
 Sep 1 2017, 11:37:09 AM

Christine Pedi on SiriusXM keeps mentioning that Carolee is in the production until "sometime in September."  Has her exit date been announced, and I've just missed it?

New Carlotta at Phantom?
 Aug 21 2017, 08:06:31 PM

Do you know when she's leaving?  Any info as to whether James Barbour is going too?

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Aug 19 2017, 05:20:30 PM

10086Sundays said: ""Monster" is definitely meant to be the 11 o'clock number. I just feel in terms of character development, it doesn't work as such. Elsa feels like a monster. We already know this. She's hurt her sister, again, that's bad too. Again, though, information we already have. I think it just didn't feel like it was moving her forward. And then she gets captured. 

After she's captured, the show follows the movie plot basically. 

For the person who asked about the final blizzard, the ensemble is dressed in all white and Hans, Anna, Elsa, Kristoff weave through them as Hans tries to capture both the girls. It needs some work, but then when Anna stops Hans they form a wall with her as they all turn to ice via projections. The effect works better than my description. After that, as everyone thaws, they remove the white garments to reveal their normal costumes underneath.

"

This is all I've really read on the special effects of Anna being frozen.  But I take it we aren't getting the magic color-changing wig previously rumored?

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-patent-disneys-magic-frozen-theatergoers-flipping-wigs-86900/

http://www.google.com.pg/patents/US20160174644

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Aug 19 2017, 05:00:51 PM

DrewJoseph said: "Could it be they're saving the ice palace for Broadway? Would it fit in the Buell theater at all? I mean, they saved the ending flying carpet for Broadway with Aladdin. It just seems weird to not do it right now. Ofcourse the 'taking out the back wall' for the massive sets was still when Bob Cowley designed it. After that they changed the whole creative team.

"

For those questioning Denver's set limitations, I&#3

Phantom at TKTS
 Aug 19 2017, 04:52:52 PM

A friend of mine wants to see Phantom for the first time while he's in town in a few weeks on its Thursday matinee.

I've looked at the available discounts and the Broadway Week BOGO offers, but they all exclude front center orchestra.  I really want him to have a good view and experience the chandelier.

But at the same time, it galls me to pay full price for this show.  So, has anyone gotten TKTS for Phantom recently.  Where were the offered seats? &n

HIlarious Male Songs?
 Aug 5 2012, 05:15:51 PM
Have you considered "Way Ahead of My Time" (a.k.a. The Caveman Song) from "The Taxi Cabaret" by Pete Mills?

Bryan Batt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uhpyQst780

Additional audio and sheet music available from http://www.pcmills.com

New ending
 Feb 13 2012, 03:36:14 PM
"I think there should be an "abstract" way to depict her full rampage with lighting, sound effects, perhaps having Carrie walk slowly out into the audience as we hear car breaks, thinks crashing, flipping over, people screaming. I get that it's not going to be literal, but it shouldn't be "hidden" or removed either."

Delurking for a minute just to add my support for Besty's directorial idea. I wholeheartedly agree that the destruction's scope needs to be exapanded in some way, a

Which shows work better on CD than in the theatre?
 Aug 25 2011, 07:09:32 PM
I agree with many of the previously listed shows (particularly Merrily...), but I feel compelled to add at least one more: Marie Christine.

I think it's LaChiusa's best, and perhaps most accessible, score. The story is classic and compelling. The cast was, on the whole, extremely talented. But on stage, while good, the show was not a greater elevation of its parts. Listening to the CD, however, is nigh on perfection.

Linda Eder 'Now' New CD
 Jan 30 2011, 02:04:16 PM
BettyBoy, were the signed copies a limited offering? I don't see that they are available anymore when I go to her site; all that's listed in a link to buy the regular CD. Am I just missing it?
Which Parade CD?
 Sep 9 2010, 09:18:52 PM
While I believe one can never have too many Parade CDs, the original recording is the must have if one is choosing only one. I think the Donmar production's edits for a cleaner book (and smaller cast) benefit most from a live performance. However, I don't feel that the changes improve upon the CD experience as a whole.
PROMISES, PROMISES - LONDON CAST RECORDING!
 Aug 5 2010, 10:41:22 PM
Good news, both on the quick sellout and the early shipping. Can't wait to get mine!
PROMISES, PROMISES - OCR NEW 2 CD SET HEAD'S UP
 Jul 1 2010, 06:59:29 PM
bk, ordered mine on day 1 and am so excited that it has already been shipped!

Besty, thanks for the info. I haven't listened to the clips yet, but it's nice to hear that the correction of Orbach's pitch in places has been nicely done (I too shared your pitchaphobia!). Not that I would have expected otherwise, bk.

Inside the Belasco Theatre
 Apr 6 2010, 07:06:22 PM
Smaxie, I knew it couldn't be long until you were here! Thanks for the info; I didn't know that there were plans to recreate the Tiffany fixtures.

Anybody know if the apartment is being renovated?

Inside the Belasco Theatre
 Apr 6 2010, 06:28:38 PM
Thanks for the update and for sharing the shots! Where's smaxie with some more insight?
Wall to Wall Sondheim
 Mar 22 2010, 10:31:16 PM
Well, I came to this too late except to hear "In Buddy's Eyes" and "Sunday."

I do enjoy my CD, but was anyone able to record the whole program? Please PM if so!

ETA: Well, apparently Sunday wasn't the last of it, but still, I'm sad I missed the bulk of the rebroadcast!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You