News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwayeveryday2

Member Name: Broadwayeveryday2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Predictions Form
 May 15 2019, 07:09:52 PM

Hey all! I made this form for people to make winner predictions so I can get a good comparison of what people think will win. Make sure to vote for who you think will win, NOT who you believe deserves to win. Also, only answer for a category if you know enough about the category to make an educated prediction. 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdeAgLjOF0Z9aRs-2rFhXj5GEdJTWho-Dpy8a8LrZpqDdy9Cg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Should Phantom close?
 Nov 12 2018, 03:12:08 PM

Hey everyone. I know you have probably seen boards like this before, but I am trying to get information for a blog I am writing. I have created a google form for people to fill out on these opinions. If there are any questions or people would like to go more in depth on their thoughts than please do! 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdJOsqtMg5fBLZfNaCJLkOFoS3lKGJLO79CL-9g8R6kzcFOiA/viewform?usp=sf_link

BEETLEJUICE - Pre-Broadway Tryout in DC
 Nov 8 2018, 11:02:45 AM

HunterK said: "From a cast member's own mouth this evening after the show.."After we close here (in DC), the show is being totally reworked. So if you're coming to NYC to see it, it may be a little different"..and she smiled!

Wowza! I'm glad I am going again before they end their DC run. It'll be really fascinating to watch the changes from here to the Broadway Production. I hope they keep some of what they have though, because in my opinion

Nov 7 2018, 02:09:50 PM

MadsonMelo said: "Broadwayeveryday2 said: "BroadwayBear2 said:

The lady at the lottery talks open about the voucher and they are given right after the lottery ends, just grab quickly and move to the line to get the best possible seat.
"

Thank you!!! 

Nov 6 2018, 11:17:24 PM

BroadwayBear2 said: 

I won the lottery, but only got 1 ticket that was all that was left--but i was row F orchestra, dead Center. AMAZING SEAT. My fiance and friend also needed tickets and didn't win, but they were given vouchers for sticking around after the lottery and they were able to buy seats for only 49.99 a piece, and they were Row G orchestra left on the center aisle. So stick around and hope they have those 49.99 tickets too if you don't win. BEST OF LUCK

Katy Perry singing Waving Through a Window
 Nov 3 2018, 06:07:47 PM
I don’t mind the arrangement or Katy Perry. She sounds very good and sings with lots of emotions. My only thing is that it sounds artificial as if it has been far too auto tuned and tampered with. This is how the DEH cast recording sounds as well. On the other hand, this show is so overdone. The source material is brilliant but there is no need for a novelization or an album with pop stars singing everything. I love the script and besides the auto tune I enjoy the cast album.
Best understudy you've ever seen?
 Nov 3 2018, 06:01:25 PM
Ooh this is hard.

- I loved Eric Scicotto as Nigel in Something Rotten.

- Javier was a much better Hamilton than Lin in my opinion

- Emily Koch as Elphaba in the Wicked tour

- Jonathan Wagner as Dewey in School of Rock

- Julie Reiber as Beverly in Come From Away

- Scott Stangland as Pierre in Great Comet

Nov 2 2018, 01:38:15 PM
It almost seems to me like the changes have made this show worse rather than better. I enjoyed it when I saw it even if I do believe it needs work, but the negativity here seems kind of unrealistic. And I thought Alex Brightman was a highlight.

It wasn't just me. It seemed like in the start of the run it was getting a lot more praise on this board than it is now. I wonder what they have done to the show to make it receive such negativity, or if people saw something similar to what I sa

Oct 29 2018, 05:44:47 PM

CaseyBrent41 said: "Saw this (and the snooze Little Shop) over the weekend.

I know this if off-topic. But I saw Little Shop as well and I’d love a more in detail review of your thoughts on it. There’s a separate board about it on this website! 

Little Shop of Horrors
 Oct 29 2018, 12:40:46 AM
Was at the show tonight. To be honest I don’t have much to say except it was pretty great. The cast is perfect. Radnor is a little weaker vocally than some of the others but I still thought he sounded pretty great. The real think I want to talk about is the way that this show was performed that was very unique and interesting. Firstly, I actually thought it was hilarious and great to have the plant on stage. Through the use of sitting and standing, different costumes, and just different physical
Top 3 favorite and least favorite Broadway theatres?
 Oct 27 2018, 04:06:48 PM
Favorite:

- The Music Box - I just love the history of this place. And I love that it isn’t too big. Plus the two shows I have seen there (Pippin and Dear Evan Hansen) were both great.

- The Broadhurst - I love that it’s small and I love all the seats in it. Not the greatest foot room but I have amazing memories in that theatre.

- The Circle and The Square - being in this theatre is just an experience that’s different every time.

Honorable mention: the min

Mean Girls, Bands' Visit or Summer?
 Oct 26 2018, 10:27:09 PM

Personally, I really didn't like TBV. I know that this is an unpopular opinion because the show has received praise, but I just did not feel the way most people felt. Of the three I would recommend Mean Girls because it is the only one of the three I like. 

Oct 21 2018, 10:41:46 AM

This adaptation deviates strongly from the film. The plot revolves more strongly around Beetlejuice and Lydia's relationship and the Maitlands are pushed to the background. Thats a trend with the show, much more interesting content and character arcs are pushed to the background for the sake of lazy writing. All of the characters have lost their depth especially

Delia who is simply a parody rather than an interesting female character who

Oct 20 2018, 11:45:11 PM

bk said: "These posts. Is everyone reporting on this show a teenager, yes or no? Seriously, tell the truth."

I definitely am. 

Oct 20 2018, 09:17:35 PM
Thought I’d post my general opinion. Contrary to what some are saying, I actually thought the second act was more flawed than the first. I don’t mind all the differences from the film. I actually thought it was great that instead of copying the movie they took the general concept and added and changed as they thought would work. Mostly it did. The only thing was just that some of the dialogue was a little confusing.

I agree the first act definitely had too many songs. A lot of reprises

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You