News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for outthere1998

Member Name: outthere1998
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
 Jul 1 2016, 03:40:22 PM

I was curious to know what the longest running time of a broadway show ever.  Not the time it has been on broadway but rather the duration of the show itself.

For musicals I did a quick google search and discovered that both Les Mis and Miss Saigon were 2 hrs and 50 mins with an intermission.

For plays Wolf Hall came to mind and each part was 2 hrs and 45 mins (i dont know whether or not that includes an intermission) 

I was wondering if anyon

Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical
 Jun 23 2016, 07:32:10 PM

WhizzerMarvin said: "outthere1998 said: "You know while thinking of it Id really like a musical of Judy Garland. I have the sheet music to the jukebox musical based on Judy called "Over the Rainbow" but as far as i know it only followed her last days. Id love to see one based on her entire life kind of like Bombshell i just love Judy Garland.

Are you referring to "End of the Rainbow" that starred Tracie Bennett and r

Jun 23 2016, 07:02:46 PM

You know while thinking of it Id really like a musical of Judy Garland. I have the sheet music to the jukebox musical based on Judy called "Over the Rainbow" but as far as i know it only followed her last days. Id love to see one based on her entire life kind of like Bombshell i just love Judy Garland.

Jun 23 2016, 12:14:00 PM

backwoodsbarbie said: "Bombshell jokes aside, Marilyn Monroe

"

As much as I love the music of Smash I agree with this. Bringing Bombshell to Broadway wouldnt be terrible with an amazing book writer and songs that could be tied to the story of Bombshell and not to the story of Smash which is what I heard is the problem with almost every song except Second Hand Baby Grand.

Jun 21 2016, 07:28:49 PM

AEA AGMA SM said: "_IrisTInkerbell said: "Maybe this is already out there, but Iving Berlin's live was pretty interesting. I think an autobiographical "jukebox musical" about him, in the same vein perhaps as Beautiful or Jersey Boys could be fascinating."

There is a Berlin revue called The Melody Lingers On that uses his life as a framework to get from song to song. I worked on a production back in

Jun 21 2016, 05:22:52 PM

I personally love shows that take place in a definitive place in history, normally when it is central to the plot (Les Mis/Cabaret) and sometimes when it is not (I would say Spring Awakening) 

Most of my favorite musicals take place in the past in certain moments of history:

Les mis, miss saigon, ragtime, etc.

I was wondering what other points in history you'd like to see recreated or set around in a musical.

I&

HUNCHBACK IDEA - Quasi as Frollo's kid
 Dec 22 2015, 10:50:04 PM

What do you guys think of Quasimodo actually being the love child of Frollo and a Gypsy, which is the source of Frollo's hate for the Gypsies as he feels Quasi's mother tempted him, and stole his innocence, which resulted in him killing her accidentally in a rage as a punishment for his feelings, but agrees to take in Quasi as an attempt to redeem himself but he is still ashamed of him, and Frollo's hate of Esmeralda is derived from the fact that he is attracted to

HUNCHBACK IDEA - Quasi as Frollo's kid
 Dec 22 2015, 10:50:02 PM

What would you guys think of Quasimodo actually being the love child of Frollo and a Gypsy, which is the source of Frollo's hate for the Gypsies as he feels Quasi's mother tempted him, and stole his innocence, which resulted in him killer her in a rage, but agrees to take in Quasi as an attempt to redeem himself but he is still ashamed of him, and Frollo's hate of Esmeralda is derived from the fact that he is attracted to her the same way he was to Quasi's mother but refuses t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You