News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShoesForRent

ShoesForRent Profile Photo
Member Name: ShoesForRent
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sierra Boggess & Bastien Jacquemart - All I Ask Of You (presentation for French ver. of Phantom)
 Sep 25 2016, 01:55:42 PM

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/186112/30th-anniversary-paris-production-of-phantom-headlined-by-sierra-boggess-in-jeopardy-after-fire-breaks-out/

I'm so glad no one is hurt, but I'm so bummed- I have tickets for the 2nd and 3 rd preview, and flying out especially...

Eden Espinosa as Evita?
 Sep 18 2016, 12:44:39 PM

TheatreFan4 said: ">He said that Espinosa had not enjoyed her stints on Broadway and had in fact cut her Wicked contract short. Implied that she was more interested in film and TV and has had success with voice over.

"

I also can't think of Eden having success with voice over (though granted I dont know her career very well) but that description does fit Julia Murney much better, who has done a bunch of voice over to

Cancellation Tickets (Hamilton and other shows) Question
 Jul 11 2016, 05:53:41 AM

The message was deleted... went along the lines of "this ridiculous question doesn't deserve a response from anyone"

Jul 11 2016, 04:54:50 AM

I now see Ticketmaster has a ticket insurance option... I imagine this is how they end up in the cancellation line

I still don't see what was so grotesquely wrong with my question that you felt the need to be such an ass...

Jul 11 2016, 04:45:27 AM

What why??

Jul 11 2016, 04:30:37 AM

This maybe a really silly one- but where do the cancellation tickets come from?

From a quick search- the Richard Rodgers theatre website states that " The Richard Rodgers Theatre does not provide ticket refunds or exchanges. "

So do people cancel tickets for no refunds? Are they only house seats that go "ungiven"?

This goes for other shows too- but Hamilton got me thinking, as more than several people get their tickets tha

She Loves Me streaming
 Jul 2 2016, 01:41:44 PM

John Adams said: "ShoesForRent said: "Her Glitter and Be Gay is also a favourite of mine- her voice is just... uhh out of this world."

She discusses Bernstein's specific direction to sing the "ha-ha"s with an audible "H", and how difficult and vocally taxing that was to do. If you're interested, here's the interview/podcast.

"

Thank you so much! I've never seen that. Will have a listen tomorrow- what a fascinating woman she is.

She Loves Me streaming
 Jul 2 2016, 11:38:10 AM

Oh yes- that's one of my most listened to OBCs on my phone!
I didn't know she invented that note though- ahh perfect!
that lady is just glorious, a true inspiration of mine... I can't find the words to describe how much I enjoy her voice.

Her Glitter and Be Gay is also a favourite of mine- her voice is just... uhh out of this world.

I feel like Laura could hold that note even just a little bit longer- it doesn't s

She Loves Me streaming
 Jul 2 2016, 11:20:01 AM

I disagree, she crescendoed into it (at least to my untrained ears) pretty efortlessly- into a light elevated note. It's very possible she didn't take in enough air beforehand- as she gasped for it audiobly right after. But still it was so pretty.

Laura's note is gorgeous too (though in general her tone is a little heavier than I enjoy- but her voice is terrific regardless of my preference) it's just so damn short and I don't understand why :/

She Loves Me streaming
 Jul 2 2016, 11:06:47 AM

Margo319 said: "Thank you so much for doing that, but it's the same thing.  Takes me to their purchase page.  This is such a disaster since no one will work there until Tuesday due to the weekend, which means I have only 2 days to figure it out before they shut it down.  There is no FAQ section for me.  Im on a Dell and using Chrome.  There is just "About" "In the Spotlight" "Subscribe" "How to Watch" "News" "My Account".  There is no record in my library that I ever purchased it even though I did on June 25th.

Thanks anyways.  

"

That's okay- just enter the code and leave the rest (credit card information) blank and press purchase- it'll direct you to a recipt for 0.00$ and a button to "watch now"

at least that's how it worked for me.

Loved this, my only super nitpicky negative is Laura top B in Vanilla Ice Cream- it's too short!! I wanted to bask in it for so much longer.

found this, it's the reading of this production from a few years ago, with Kelli O'hara as Amalia- THAT NOTE!! perfection-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl4yJZ9bhno&feature=youtu.be&t=25m34s

Phillipa Soo to lead AMELIE on Broadway
 Jun 19 2016, 06:07:26 AM

gypsy101 said: "she belted none of it though, so I don't agree that she was right for it.

"

umm what? she didn't belt (and no one else belted, as you might have noticed) because she was directed that way, because according to hooper- that's how you sing on film...

I agree her acting was dull both on film and onstage- Eponine isn't a lovesick teenager and yet most insist on playing her that way (including Lea Michelle)

Laura Shoop to alt wed. matinees at SLM
 Jun 17 2016, 06:18:31 PM

https://twitter.com/LauraBenanti/status/743907356677922816?p=v

Jun 17 2016, 04:44:01 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "unless Soo had some history with She Loves Me..?

Check their personal, not professional, lives 

"

Ah! Gotcha

Jun 17 2016, 04:29:08 PM

Wick3 said: "RippedMan said: "Must be weird come Tony time to go up against the girl who replaced you in the musical you started. "

If Philippa can handle going against Laura Benanti at the Tony's last Sunday, then I think she'll be fine going up against the girl who played Natasha in the musical she started back in 2013.

"

I think you mean Benanti/ Jessie Mueller...

unless Soo had some history with She Loves Me..?

Laura Osnes Twitter is hacked...
 Jun 12 2016, 06:50:39 PM

Seems it's fixed now- even got her verified tick back.

That was so strange

The OFFICIAL Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Preview Thread
 Jun 7 2016, 05:54:36 PM

It was clearly written way before then and published during the show... it's so vague...

but the general consensus seems to be that people adore it...

The Hollywood Reporter's Actress Roundtable [Tonys 2016]
 Jun 1 2016, 03:20:49 PM

^ I thought it's weird there wasn't anyone from Hamilton.. I bet it's because those two are busy, and not THR's lack of interest..

I thought it was awkward when Jessie (love her!) was talking about getting the part in Waitress- wasn't Benanti doing the early reading for that? It was weird the way they chose to phrase both the question and answer for that..

Cynthia Erivo finishes half marathon then does two shows
 May 22 2016, 12:04:47 PM

Girl is amazing

How Broadway Contributed to Its Own Cell Phone Problem
 May 22 2016, 07:25:24 AM

yankeefan7 said: ""the problem is people too stupid or egocentric to turn off their phone during the show"

Cmon, you can't think anybody today is that dumb that they don't know how to silence their phone. You are asked to keep your phone quiet at the movies, on an airplane, in church etc so requesting this at a Broadway show should not be a tough task. How egocentric are you when you can't wait a little over an hour and turn it on during intermission.

A Funny Thing Happened Previews
 May 21 2016, 10:47:55 AM

Did you clap though?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You