News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NityaC

NityaC Profile Photo
Member Name: NityaC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight
 Jun 27 2009, 10:33:42 PM
YAY for Karen being back!!!! I hope she's much feeling better now. :)

I'm curious about Cody Green too. Maybe he took some proper time off for personal reasons. It doesn't really look like he's injured, or very sick. Do actors really need to inform everyone of taking leaves? I ask genuinely because I don't know how that works. Andrea Burns is taking time off, and that's well known now, so is that something they're obliged to do?

re: West Side Story JETS Girls
 Jun 27 2009, 10:27:58 PM
I cared too...the first time. But he definitely posted the choreography differences his friend wrote at least twice. Have I read it? Um....yeah. Trust me, there is no escaping the PJ hate. Every WSS thread definitely has a bit of it, and it's the same thing over and over. I wish PJ knew Laurents so we are spared the whining. or maybe it's some reputation thing around here that I don't understand.

I mean, trying to reason with someone on a public forum? I am most definitely new around he

Jun 27 2009, 11:51:59 AM
"We're allowed tgo have opinions and we're allowed to have passions. "

Well, I hope you know how childish you sound with that same opinion of yours posted in every thread you can. gets extremely boring and a little silly because everyone knows and no one cares.

Still...you post hate, there's gotta be some WSS fan posting a "YEAH, we already KNOW what you think, THANKS." reply. Just keeping the balance.

"or at least slicked their modern floppy hair back."

Jun 26 2009, 02:09:56 PM
"And there are a million similar lost opportunities, moments of genius the audience for this revival will never know and never know they missed."

So obviously the best thing to do is to educate this new audience of what the old versions were like, and then CONSTANTLY keep bringing up how much you disagree with the production and how TERRIBLE the changes were, so that they will finally break and feel MISERABLE that they missed out on the GOLDEN days of theater, and for bonus: pit

Jun 25 2009, 01:50:32 PM
alightinthedark - the Shark Girl with blond hair would be Danielle Polanco, and I agree she was great. I also love Kat Nejat, the one who mocks Maria in Me Sineto Hermosa (and then storms out). And I love Jennifer Sanchez. so much. I used to hate I Feel Pretty in basically every recording previous to this, but I LOVED it in this revival just because of them + Josefina!

Pamela Otterson is just plain ridiculous. There was an understudy for the Jet Girls (I forget which now) when I w

Jun 18 2009, 07:03:29 PM
well, I'm optimistic for her return next week. Friends of mine are going then too, and one of them hasn't seen the show yet, so I hope Karen is back and blows her mind away. Nothing like seeing her TONY-winning Anita on your first time! :)
 Jun 18 2009, 06:54:08 PM
"I'm trying to see her next week, so I will try to find out each day if she's back. Ya never know."

I don't think she's back tonight either...but I would hope she is feeling better by next week! =(

re: West Side Story Spanish Lyrics
 Jun 16 2009, 03:02:07 PM
"We will obliterate them"

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA oh, Sharks.

love the translations. thanks!

(alightinthedark/CSonBroadway, nice avatar pics. =)

Jun 15 2009, 04:08:24 PM
English and Spanish, please??

well...I don't speak Spanish, AND they are all singing at once in the end anyway, so I'm not so sure how the overlap will work with typing.

Oddly, I CAN make out the Sharks towards the end, but I know that's only because I recognize their voices and the fact that it doesn't sound Enlgish.

Not sure how this is gonna work. bear with me:

The Jets are gonna have their day tonight.
Luchamo

Jun 15 2009, 03:38:55 PM
NityaC, now I'm getting picky, but can you post the full lyrics to the Quintet, please? I'm having a little bit of a hard time decyphering who says what where towards the end, when everyone's singing

Oh...wait, I thought the whole thing WAS there...?

Or did you mean both English AND Spanish?

Jun 15 2009, 03:37:22 PM
No problem! Like I said, a friend sent them to me. I figured I needed to know the words for what they are, instead of my imitate-the-sound mesh of a Spanish.

I adore Josefina's English, "dere" and all. I only heard a sample of the English "I Feel Pretty", and it is too cute. I've actually hated every version of that song, until she happened to it. I can't wait to hear all of it.

On a similar off topic note: Kat Nejat, Danielle Polonco(?), and Jennifer Sanchez (all in 'Mi Siento Hermosa') are so underrated! They are incredible.

Jun 15 2009, 03:05:54 PM
Here:

Tonight (Quintet)

Luchamos para ser la ley
Tonight.

Sigue peleándo sítecaes
Tonight

Dijeron sin cuchillos
Ayer,
Los Sharks y sus colmillos
Los van a corer, tonight

Habrá un ataque tonight
Será con precisión de forma total.
La bronca empieza tonight
Nos impondremos al momento final
¡Son los culpables!
Aquí será nuestro momento triunfal,
Tonight.

Habrá un ataque tonight!

Jun 11 2009, 01:35:23 PM
That's her understudy, Kristine Covillo.

ohhh, thanks for clearing that up. I like knowing everyone in a show but there are just so many in WSS. :)

tangent - would LOVE to see Kat Nejat understudy either Anita/Maria. Am a big fan of Her Tiny Fierceness.

k, I'm done...carry on. (or rather, don't. pointless thread is pointless.)

Jun 11 2009, 01:16:22 PM
She may not have been in for the press video of America as she missed a lot early in the run.

The um...one on youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKXKkgQf51A

0:03???

Jun 11 2009, 01:00:26 PM
re: Yanira in "America"

is that not her between Karen and Danielle? Pale pink dress...

re: WSS Seating ?
 Jun 9 2009, 07:27:27 PM
There was a similar thread recently:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardid=1&boardname=bway&thread=998005

according to that,

"Partial view pricing

$60.00 - Orchestra

$46.50- Mezz

$24.00- Balcony"

And please ignore the last post there, because this show is incredible.

re: Prince entranced by Karen Olivio... the next Sheena Easton or Carmen El
 Jun 9 2009, 04:14:51 PM
I find this whole thing hilarious! okay maybe I shouldn't, it's very very creepy. But between him buying 20 tix, and the convenient pun-headlines bound to follow this event, it's some great publicity for WSS.

Also it's just absurdly hilarious.

P.S. Title is bothering me: it's Olivo.

re: In the Heights movie?
 May 23 2009, 07:24:38 PM
Yes, as far as I know it's still being made...but I don't know about 2010. Maybe in the winter...?

Though I think a "July 4th Week" release would be pretty fitting. :)

re: Hair and WSS Tweeting
 Apr 6 2009, 08:17:02 PM
I am SO EXCITED for the WSS recording. Their tweets have made my day, and now that my day took a turn for the worse, they are making it SO much better.
re: Help college student w/ 5 min theatre survey
 Mar 30 2009, 10:37:40 PM
Done, Good Luck! =]
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You