News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thesparklingdiamond

thesparklingdiamond Profile Photo
Member Name: thesparklingdiamond
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?  Nov 18 2006, 02:12:45 PM
when did you write Idina? I've been thinking about it, but don't know exactly how to go about it, as shes currently in London
re: Who have you gotten stuff back from?  Nov 17 2006, 05:51:50 PM
I just heard back from JLY with a personalized head shot and a note. So nice! And I sent it out only a week ago, even with the holiday delay it still got returned to me so quickly.
re: Les Miz Stage Door  Nov 12 2006, 10:35:44 PM
Oops, double post
re: Les Miz Stage Door  Nov 12 2006, 10:35:44 PM
Seeing as I live in the otherside of the country, I decided to try and write Daphne via the theater since I can't actually stage door. Sounds like so far she is great in person, so hopefully I might hear back from her.
re: Review: Molly in Sweet Charity  Oct 25 2006, 12:06:08 AM
I'm so conflicted. Do I go the stage door and deal with the 99% chance that she will absolutley ignore me? or Do I skip it so I'm still able to not be completely annoyed with the fact that she is so stuck up?
re: Review: Molly in Sweet Charity  Oct 24 2006, 03:22:29 PM
I wish it were something as excusable sounding as that, but unfortunatley with all these reports I'm hearing it sounds like she is constantly against it.

And emo_geek, I agree with what you mean about merchandising. I'm really into studying marketing too. Something about having everything nicely tied together through promotional items and similar looking collateral materials just brings something to a tour, at least in my opinion. Its hard to explain, maybe its only people who are real

re: Review: Molly in Sweet Charity  Oct 23 2006, 09:16:37 PM
I'm having such bad luck at the stage door lately. First Shoshanna Bean completley ditched talking to anyone (which, I could understand a little because honestly I stage door a lot and I've never seen it that crowded, it was overwhelming to me even as a fan) and now I'm anticipating a horrible expierence at sweet charity. Oh well, if she doesn't want appreciation then she doesn't deserve it.
re: Review: Molly in Sweet Charity  Oct 23 2006, 05:40:40 PM
I'm going this weekend in seattle. See, I'm quite glad I read this, because I've read in other places that she is less than kind at the stagedoor. As cheesy as it is, I'm a huge fan (I'm an 80s movie nerd, what can I say) But I'm not some crazy fangirl either. I was looking forward to this since the tour was announced, but after reading several times that she won't acknowledge people I doubt I'll even bother to stage door.
re: Cry-Baby at the Seattle 5th Ave.  Oct 10 2006, 01:01:38 PM
yes curtainpulldowner, the musicalis based off the movie of the same name.
re: sweetcharityontour.com  Oct 1 2006, 03:02:18 PM
yea, certain areas of the website don't seem to be functioning.
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members  Jul 29 2006, 01:30:28 AM
Les miserables tour, a couple months ago.
before the show started, I heard the woman behind me ask her boyfriend/husband "oh, um...what's that flag behind the girl's head? Is that....the french flag?"

re: 'Asphalt Beach' To Premiere At Northewestern  Jul 27 2006, 04:26:47 PM
It was supposed to be a movie, but according to the article it was reworked for the stage. I kind of wish they still had the backing to do the movie. It was originally slated with not only chenoweth, but parker posey as well. I think the team of them together would've been very entertaining.
re: Star-studded night at THE WEDDING SINGER! 4.1.06  Apr 2 2006, 09:12:35 PM
as far as the cast recording at the seattle run the people running the souvenir booth had a sign up sheet for info on when the CR would be released they said that it was planned for April.
re: Wedding Singer Cast Recording  Mar 23 2006, 10:59:29 PM
The only thing I know is that it is supposed to be out in April. The people who were selling the merchandise at the show had a sign-up sheet for information about the CR and they were telling everyone that it is scheduled to be released in April.
re: How The Wedding Singer Can Be Fixed  Feb 25 2006, 03:37:38 PM
I agree with most of this, there are definitley areas where it needs work. I think the score is good for the most part b/c they are trying to do an 80s show and it does sounds very very 80s. "my 8 men" was weak and I agree they should've left the plot w/ the singing lessons in. But I was watching the movie version last night (and before everyone starts in saying that this is a different interpretation and they are seperate etc. You've got to realize that most of the dialogue was lifted directly
re: Wedding Singer - First Preview in Seattle.  Feb 1 2006, 06:47:22 PM
was adam sandler actually there last night?
re: WEDDING SINGER!!!  Jan 28 2006, 07:07:18 PM
I can't wait to hear more songs from this. It'll be so long until a cast recording comes out though. And based on what I've heard I'll definitley want it. I really really want to hear the demo.
re: WEDDING SINGER!!!  Jan 28 2006, 06:55:34 PM
omg...that is damn catchy. Its sooo 80s. I LOVE IT!
re: Dirty rotten scoundrels tour website?  Jan 19 2006, 08:04:05 PM
It begins on August 6th and runs thru the 12th in Seattle.
re: A Tribute To Phantom Of The Opera: The Longest Running Musical In Broa  Jan 8 2006, 09:40:34 PM
like many others that have posted I was very young. So I guess I was doing what 2 year olds do... and probably watching disney cartoons. "mihee mouse" as I used to say. As for the first time I saw phantom...it was in 8th grade drama class for a field trip. 3rd mezz seats....2nd to last row in the whole theater and I was still in awe. And I've been obsessed ever since.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You