News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RockyRoad

RockyRoad Profile Photo
Member Name: RockyRoad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Julie Andrews or Maggie Smith ever return to the stage?  Aug 3 2018, 04:55:22 PM
Not going to Andrews. She said in an interview a few years ago that she would not ever be going back to the stage
GETTIN' THE BAND BACK TOGETHER Previews  Aug 3 2018, 04:51:23 PM
EllieRose2 says:

You have the wrong audience. People on BWW join this board to have discussions about all things theater. They are passionate about their views, and it's important you understand that. You are not on some tourist website or a place where clueless people go to get recommendations. Telling us to basically shut up and enjoy a garbage production? Laughable and utterly ridiculous. We get to have any opinion we want of a show. Fake a smile? GTFOH.

You are rude,

Desperately Seeking co-presenter for Falsettos Meetup at broadwaycon.  Jul 13 2018, 02:23:58 AM
Yes, they do indeed use this fan-based stuff at BroadwayCon. And it's (for the most part) a total joke.

Last year, half the Con was filled with these "fan created" meet ups. Yeah, I want to pay a lot of money so I can attend a Wicked singalong!! A Newsies singalong!!!!

The Con people are pulling a "con" on the attendees - giving them sessions put together by fanzies, rather than panels with industry people. But you have to pay industry people, so..... there's you answer.

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 23 2018, 09:09:26 PM
Hello. I am a regular average person. I am from middle America and have never seen a musical before and I just joined today.

So believe me when I say that this Carousel currently on the Broadway is the greatest musical that has ever been presented. I love it so much I will be going back many times and you should too. I love Jessie and Joshua - they are amazing actors and do the "non acting" thing to draw you in make you see what amazing actors they are. And the choreography is better t

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 17 2018, 05:16:34 PM
"....I hope it’s as misguided as your assertion that Mueller, Henry, and Mendez are less than bankable stars."

Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while.

ESCAPE TO MARGARITAVILLE Previews  Feb 16 2018, 01:48:30 AM
Mik66 says: You don't think there are people who like Buffett and this music? Ever talk to a Parrothead?

The guy has 38 albums and 67 singles out there. 8 gold. 9 platinum. Total sales over 20 million.

So according to your loic, artists that have sold more music than Buffett all have hit musicals then...right? Yeah, those smash hit shows with music by the Beatles, Sinatra, Elvis, and The Beach Boys were all blockbusters and ran for years and years.

Curran San Francisco Competing with SHN (sort of)  Jan 20 2018, 08:19:27 PM
The Curran does not want to compete with SHN? Sorry..this is so wrong. The Curran is a for-profit organization that relies on economic success. Of course they "want" to compete with SHN because they are trying to do the same thing. The problem is they "can't".

They are not programing alternative shows because they want to...it's because they have to. They would have jumped at the chance to have Waitress or School of Rock in their season. The reason they have to present alternative sh

Curran San Francisco Competing with SHN (sort of)  Jan 19 2018, 08:54:27 PM
Comparing the Curran to SHN is like comparing and off-Broadway show to a Broadway show. I know this organization.

Since the Curran's debut two years ago, it has been an organizational mess. They've gone through two marketing directors - the first jumped ship after 9 months and was replaced by someone with no arts marketing background. They've had several marketing assistant and group sales people quit, as well as numerous union ushers. No one seems to know how to run this place.
<

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY To Close in January  Dec 9 2017, 02:07:56 AM
That squirrel ballet...I mean..I ...just...can't.

The stuff of Broadway legends.

Wednesday night Spongebob Audience  Dec 9 2017, 02:03:59 AM
About disrespectful theatre audiences:
"They're horrible! They don't care if they ruin the show for everyone else!"

About Once on this Island disrespectful cast members in the audience:
"Oh that's cool. They know the cast so they can make as much noise as they want."

WTF? You're in a a Broadway show so you get a pass to be disruptive?

Some of you here need a reality check.

Leslie Odom, Jr. Interview on Tavis Smiley  Dec 9 2017, 01:46:03 AM
And his last album was such a huge smash success.

LOL

Gender Bender: Roles played by men and women  Sep 16 2017, 03:17:19 AM
I think this post is asking about Broadway productions that have gender switched the roles as originally written (like the mentioned Forum, Who's Life, and Once).

I believe the upcoming Broadway revival of Once on This Island is gender switching a role of one of the gods that was originally played by a women, now being played by Alex Newell.

We know that regional, community, and school productions play around with roles. Heck, I know of several Technicolor Dreamcoat school pr

White girl studio recording of the Color Purple  Sep 16 2017, 03:08:26 AM
Wow qolbinau, what a racist post.

Do you go through the day labeling everything based on race?

If I titled a thread "Back girl recording of The Music Man", would that be OK?

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 08:10:25 PM

Thank you all_that_jazz....THIS...

Congratulations your so eager to call everyone racists and behave like fools you have put everyone out of a job. Maybe yall can think a second before you react to things you know nothing about.

How's that minority privilege workin' out for ya Cynthia and Rafael?  Good job! 

Anastasia Reviews  Mar 23 2017, 01:52:05 AM
Anastasia finally makes it to Broadway with previews starting March 23rd.

Share your thoughts here.

Sunday in the Park Instagram take over this Saturday  Mar 4 2017, 10:23:59 PM

The cutest video with Jake and a small fan at today's show.  MARRY ME Jake!!!

https://instagram.com/p/BRPL6Cfj8x2/

Sunday in the Park Instagram take over this Saturday  Mar 3 2017, 09:01:53 PM
Saw this last week and loved it! So wonderful and what a cast. Ruthe Ann Miles was great as was Jake and Annaleigh.

Hope Jake makes a special Instagram appearance!!

Victor/Victoria needs a revival  Nov 26 2016, 02:24:49 AM
Reason why it's not revived?

- Bad script/dialogue

- Horrible songs added for Broadway

- Characters you care nothing about

- A film version that is one million times superior to this stage turd.

Anything else?

Social Media  Oct 25 2016, 02:27:41 AM
It's not my account but on Twitter I follow @broadway_bounce. They make cool Broadway image quotes.
TodayTix NYC price rise  Oct 19 2016, 02:00:29 AM
As one of the many SF arts goers, I can tell you that we think TodayTix is a total joke. I don't know anyone who uses them. We get the same discounts on GoldStar and much better service.

Have a feeling their days are numbered. I betthey're waiting to be bought by a bigger company so they don't care if they charge ridiculous fees.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You