News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Love4Cheno

Love4Cheno Profile Photo
Member Name: Love4Cheno
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lopez/Nick rivalry in Chorus..gotta love this.  Jun 13 2008, 12:45:50 PM
Girls, girls. You're BOTH pretty!
re: COMPANY - Closing Performance Stories  Jul 2 2007, 02:45:24 PM
I can't believe I waited until the final performance to see this, but at least I was there yesterday.

Raul Esparza was just electric. I would have been crying, but I couldn't breathe during "Being Alive."

I liked how he said he understands Company now, being where he is in life - I feel the same way.

re: NY Post on Kerry Butler  Jun 25 2007, 03:48:27 PM
I wasn't implying that 36 is old.

But she really does look a good 10 years younger.

re: NY Post on Kerry Butler  Jun 25 2007, 03:21:53 PM
36?!?!?

Kerry, what kind of moisturizer do you use???

Been a fan since seeing her in "Hairspray." Loved her in "Xanadu."

re: Tony Winner Lea Salonga to Join Les Miz as Fantine  Jan 3 2007, 02:46:45 PM
"Poor Daphne" nothing.

She's one of the most consistently-working actresses in NY theatre.

re: Tony Winner Lea Salonga to Join Les Miz as Fantine  Jan 3 2007, 11:59:09 AM
Man, I'd love to see Lea as Fantine- especially after having seen her as Eponine YEARS ago.

But I don't think even Lea can make me fork over cash to see this stinker of a production again.

re: Madonna as the Witch 'Into the Woods' in London  Sep 7 2006, 11:17:29 AM
Actually, she CAN hit the notes. See jerby's post above, about the scene in her documentary in which she works with Joan Lader. She has an operatic voice that she has never used.

I can't, however, vouch for the acting. And timing is so important in this show.

I still think this is really incredible.

re: Madonna as the Witch 'Into the Woods' in London  Sep 7 2006, 10:58:41 AM
Go M!
re: Actual People whose lives would make a good Musical  Aug 22 2006, 04:16:16 PM
Madonna. It could easily be a jukebox musical threading her own songs into a narrative of her life.
re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 10 2006, 02:17:23 PM
I'd see the tour for the simple fact that I'm dying for more "Piazza" at any cost.
re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 7 2006, 11:42:23 AM
Addy- that sounds so beautiful. I wish I could have seen Kelli more than once.

I love after "Clara's Interlude" the visual of Clara walking, head down and drooped shoulders, along the gate to tell Fabrizio she can't marry him.

re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 6 2006, 02:54:29 PM
I LOVE this thread!

Another favourite thing of mine is the way Clara's interlude is staged. No gimmicks needed here. Just beautiful music, a blinding backdrop of light, and a 1950s Italian wedding dress.

re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 6 2006, 01:14:31 PM
The simple beauty of the harps in the overture, playing as the wind blows the leaves by the statue...it's just sublime.
re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 6 2006, 11:53:05 AM
I also love Clara waving to Fabrizio with her fingers facing her own body, and Fabrizio waving back the same way.
re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 6 2006, 10:46:04 AM
This is the only reason I wish that I had Tivo.

I don't think they plan on releasing it on DVD (I am praying they do).

So sad.

re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 5 2006, 05:34:26 PM
Like Dottie said earlier, each time I saw it, I discovered a new piece of music, and how it tied pieces of the show together.

I love when Clara introduces erself to Fabriozio on that musical line, and how it's repeated in the title song, as well as "Fable."

re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 5 2006, 01:41:34 PM
This is being super-picky, but when Katie's shoe came off during "Clara's Interlude" I really wanted her to take the other one off like a child might do and run around in just her stockings.
re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 5 2006, 01:38:35 PM
Dottie- that moment felt so completely authentic, it gave me goosebumps!

I also love Katie's hand gestures during "The Beauty Is." I don't recall Kelli O'Hara doing that.

re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 5 2006, 01:25:45 PM
I was moved so many times, but during "Fable," when Victoria turned at the very end to look at the light, and put her hands to her face as she said "Clara, the light in the piazza..."

My heart broke.

re: The 'LIGHT' goes out!  Jul 5 2006, 10:43:11 AM
Me too cookie! I was seriously depressed all weekend.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You