News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nabucco

Member Name: Nabucco
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

“Monty Python's Spamalot” is coming to Broadway?
 Jun 29 2023, 11:56:54 AM

The Kennedy Center production was part of their Broadway Center Stage program where they present a show for 8-10 performances much like Encores.  It is not a fully fleshed out production.  There's a bandstand on stage, and some set and props.  The cast rehearses remotely, there's a couple days of load in, cast on stage Monday afternoon, first preview Wednesday, and they open Thursdays.

As for going to Broadway, I believe this rumor started when Alex Brightman

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Mar 9 2016, 03:50:12 PM

http://gregory-g-allen.blogspot.com/2016/03/bright-star-shines-bright.html?m=1

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 26 2016, 07:04:10 AM

"The show didn't seem to really come alive until the 2nd act. Jeff Blumenkrantz sort of steals every scene he is in without even trying -- he's such a pro.  There are some great laughs near the end, mostly thanks to him. It was great to hear the audience laughing so loud at last -- but then it also was a reminder that for so much of the show the audience isn't as engaged."

Christinelavin, this is a somewhat odd comment. Jeff is great

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 24 2016, 07:52:28 PM

SLSigafoos said: "I'm not seeing it until Saturday, but I'm curious if those who have seen it and who are planning to see it are seeing it because of interest in the bluegrass score, because of the 1950s time frame, because of interest in Martin and Brickell, or for any one particular actor. I make it a point to catch any stage work Paul Alexander Nolan is in, but I'm also really looking forward to seeing Carmen Cusack. The preview videos I've seen and heard have been

Sound Systems
 Jan 10 2016, 02:51:48 PM

Going back to Lion King there's been a trend to design shows with the sonic impact, and unfortunately the volume, of modern movie surround sound experiences both in movie theatres and home entertainment systems.  The upshot is that shows sound decidedly amplified, and unnatural. That is the current trend in sound design and one that is pushed by both directors and producers, not necessarily sound designers.  In one instance a designer was relieved of their duties because the pro

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You