News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jennab113

jennab113 Profile Photo
Member Name: jennab113
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jun 11 2017, 12:47:40 AM

I got a cast signed Playbill from Come From Away today. No donation and it only took a week. I mailed last Saturday and got it in this Saturday's mail. I also sent to Dear Evan Hansen with a donation. I know the envelope was received the same day as CFA, so hopefully I'll receive that one soon. 

Edited to say I got DEH back today!!!

Great Comet B-roll?
 May 18 2017, 11:29:57 AM

They filmed it during previews - Sunday October 23rd. 

A year of musicals, sparked by Hamilton
 May 18 2017, 11:20:47 AM

My story is pretty similar.  I've been a subscriber to Broadway Across America in Atlanta for about 8 years and always watched the Tony's but hadn't ever gone to New York specifically for shows.  I had seen 3 shows on Broadway (Beauty and the Beast in 2003, Rock of Ages in 2009, and Newsies in 2012).  Then I listened to Hamilton and got a ticket for May 2016.  It was just going to be a short trip to see the Braves play the Mets and the show and then back home.

Dear Evan Hansen Tony Performance
 May 16 2017, 10:39:50 AM

GavestonPS said: "I agree re what the Murphys want to hear. Since DEH is fiction, I won't even get hung up on the fact that Evan's account must not sound much like Connor to them. There's plenty of willful suspension of disbelief going on, I suppose. But...

"All we see is sky for forever
We let the world pass by for forever
Feels like we could go on for forever this way, this way

All we see is light for forever
'Caus

Dear Evan Hansen Tony Performance
 May 14 2017, 07:35:26 PM

I love Waving Through A Window, but hope they do something else just because it was been on so many shows. I would love to see Disappear (cut before the Connor Project talking starts) into You Will Be Found. 

Come From Away rush
 May 12 2017, 12:10:17 PM

EugLoven said: "I should have clarified: Above, jennab113 says "I did SRO yesterday (Sunday). I got there about 9:30AM and was 12th in line."

The box office opens at 12PM on Sundays (not 10AM) which is why I asked about getting in line at 9AM. I hardly believe getting in line on Sunday at 5AM (a 7-hour wait) is necessary on a Sunday.
"

Based on my experience last week, you'd be fine getting there at 9.  Last Sunday, I got b

Come From Away rush
 May 8 2017, 07:45:28 PM

I did SRO yesterday (Sunday).  I got there about 9:30 and was 12th in line. I was starving and not totally sure I wanted to cancel my original plans, so I went to get food and came back about 10:15.  I was about 20th in line then. I ended up getting the third from last SRO ticket. The line got long really fast after 10:30. 

Where's David Hyde Pierce?
 May 6 2017, 09:29:00 PM

Michael McCormick was good. I can't compare him to DHP, but I enjoyed his performance. 

Where's David Hyde Pierce?
 May 6 2017, 07:58:07 PM

I don't know the answer to your question, but he was also out for the matinee today. 

The HAMILTON Tour Thread
 Feb 15 2017, 10:49:57 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Any official word coming on other cities yet? So far, officially announced cities with dates and/or venues include San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Houston, and Washington, DC."

Atlanta was announced this morning - May 22 - June 10, 2018

2017-2018 Touring Season
 Feb 15 2017, 10:47:33 AM

Atlanta:

King and I: Sept 26-Oct 1, 2017

The Color Purple: Oct 24-29, 2017

Love Never Dies: Nov 28-Dec 3, 2017

Rent: Feb 20-25, 2018

Gentleman's Guide: Mar 13-18, 2018

Something Rotten: Apr 17-22, 2018

Hamilton: May 22-June 10, 2018

Great Comet Seating Thread
 Oct 31 2016, 10:55:45 PM

You can take them with you. Before the show, the actors came through to various areas and told us we were in a high traffic area and to be sure nothing was on the walkways, but otherwise, I had my purse under the table and sweater on the back of my chair. 

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Oct 31 2016, 07:33:18 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "If anyone had the chance to watch it the show had a segment on CBS Sunday morning. http://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/josh-grobans-new-broadway-role/"

I'm sitting at the table in front of Groban when he is singing Dust and Ashes. Fun! I knew they filmed the performance I saw but didn't know what it would be used for. 

Oct 29 2016, 07:34:46 PM

I put my purse under the table and had my sweater on the back of my chair for the first half and then under the table for the second half (my choice). A lot of people had coats on the back of their chair. 

Oct 24 2016, 06:14:22 PM

I saw the show yesterday and absolutely loved it. I was in table seating and the interaction with the cast was fun. I loved the story and had no problems following along, though I have read War and Peace. I was so amazed by Denee Benton. She's fantastic. Josh Groban was masterful as well. I loved his take on Pierre. Honestly, I loved the whole cast and thought they were all well suited for their roles and everyone seemed to be having a ton of fun out there despite it being their 16th 12 h

Alliance Theatre -
 Sep 8 2016, 03:43:51 PM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Disappointed to hear this! I adore Ashmanskas and Leavel. "

They really are the best parts, especially Ashmanskas.

I don't know that I agree with the "cheap and boring" assessment.  I rolled my eyes several times, but never felt bored during the show.    

Alliance Theatre -
 Sep 7 2016, 09:57:13 PM

I saw it last night and didn't hate it, but didn't love it either. There were some really funny parts and great performances, but there were some horribly trite and/or cheesy parts.

Alliance Theatre -
 Aug 27 2016, 10:08:54 AM

I'm curious about this as well. I am seeing it next week and would love to hear what others think. 

Natasha ... on-stage seating
 Aug 18 2016, 04:17:38 PM

Does anyone have a phone number I can call to make sure my tickets are correct?  I e-mailed the address posted here and got a response on Monday saying someone would look into why I had two charges and confirmation e-mails for two different dates, but nothing since then.  I responded today asking for an update and confirmation that I have a ticket for the correct show and not the incorrect date, but am waiting for a response.  This is super frustrating and a terrible way to man

Natasha ... on-stage seating
 Aug 14 2016, 09:03:01 PM

Thanks, dramamama.  I wasn't too worried, but just thought about that as I looked at where the seat is.  If I'm sitting at the table, I'll have my back to the audience, which is weird.

Today I got two more e-mails from Telecharge - one saying thanks for your purchase with the correct date listed and another a minute later that said seats will be assigned after September 5th.  I really hope another charge doesn't show up on my credit card.  Two is mor

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You