News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for StarsToo

Member Name: StarsToo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!
 Jan 26 2016, 03:03:25 PM

Like NY15272, I've attended LeakyCon for several years, which is run by the same company. Perhaps because it was the first year, and because of the large amount of press the event was getting, BwayCon was a lot more chaotic. A lot of people had never been to a con before, and didn't know what to expect or how to act.

I was only able to attend on Friday (the blizzard kept me home the rest of the weekend), but the two smaller panels that I went to were very energetic and fun. The opening ceremony was a mess. Honestly I was upset because I had a day pass, and even though the website claimed they were not sold out of day passes, they had already sold too many to fit into the main hall for the central programming. I was sent to the overflow room, where I was not able to see the performers' faces on the screen and there was no live captioning. Basically just had no idea what was going on. I'd rather them have capped the tickets off at the main hall's capacity so their attendees could actually enjoy themselves, than have them sell too many tickets in the first place.

The volunteer I spoke to about it was very nice though. She didn't have very many answers for me, but she said she'd been given false information all day and that they were just trying the best they could.

Also the entire time I was there, no one checked for my badge? Made me wonder how many random unregistered people or parents were wandering around and adding to the crowd problems.

I was happy to see that BwayCon was honoring Saturday day passes on Sunday, due to the weather. That was quick thinking on their part.

After attending VidCon last summer (and not enjoying it - large crowds, chaos), I'd say BwayCon was a little bit better. At least I was able to find a place to sit and read in between events.

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jan 26 2016, 02:45:34 PM

I was wondering the same thing as sorano - I had planned to do cancellation line tomorrow, but with lotto closed is that gonna screw with my chances? Is there even room to stand out there with all the snow? 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You