News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for callmesurely

Member Name: callmesurely
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lightning thief rush
 Dec 25 2019, 04:37:39 PM
Any updates now that it’s the holidays and the show is closing soon? Hoping to go Saturday but not sure how early.
Tonys 2017: Will/Should Win
 May 6 2017, 01:01:04 AM

Listen, I think Great Comet should win Best Musical but I can accept that every aspect of DEH can come together for it to also deserve it.

HOWEVER if Rachel Chavkin loses Best Director, that will be an insult to the art of direction itself. Her staging cannot compare at all to any show that opened this season.

Great Comet Rush
 Apr 6 2017, 10:19:47 PM

Planning to go on Saturday. That seems to be a heavier day, anyone do it recently and have a better idea?

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG ticket exchange?
 Feb 22 2017, 10:06:01 AM

So this is a bit of a unique situation. I have non-refundable tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong, but a work thing has come up and I can no longer make it. The special thing here is the tickets were purchased during a one day flash sale back in November for $35 each (2 tickets). 

This is for the evening performance on March 11th. Now if anyone would just like to buy them, that would be great. But I'm also hoping there's a chance someone out there used the same deal and w

Oh, Hello RUSH
 Oct 22 2016, 05:44:19 PM

Bumping. Anyone actually rush recently? How early?

Public Works Twelfth Night
 Sep 4 2016, 09:53:24 PM

I got there at 6am and ended up being first. The line stretched around the bend but I think everyone who got there before 10am got tickets.

Public Works Twelfth Night
 Sep 3 2016, 02:42:38 PM

I'm thinking of going tomorrow at 6am. Would that be a good time?

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 May 8 2016, 12:26:22 PM

Tony voters aren't limited to the window between the nominations and the awards. The producers have out ticket to voters last August and September. They actually caused a lot of problems because many voters were out of town. So I guarantee many voters have already seen it.

Apr 29 2016, 11:06:56 PM

nrubanobroadway said: "Hi, are you able to line jump? For example, if you miss out on a matinee show, are you allowed to just stay until the night show and hold your spot?

"Most likely that by the time they even start giving out Matinee tickets, an 8:00 line would have already started.  My advise is, if there 2 of you, once you get there one can line up for the matinee and one for the evening show, just in case.  

Mar 16 2016, 10:26:14 PM

This is absolutely insane. I was just there a month ago and was 4th in line at 5am.

I almost didn't go because it ended up being NY's coldest day on record since 1994 and the coldest Valentines Day ever (around -1 to 2F for most of the morning) but now I'm so glad I took the chance when I had it and actually got to see the show. I really can't believe how crazy it got just in the last few weeks, and we haven't even hit the Tonys or even the nominations yet.&nbs

Feb 14 2016, 05:49:50 PM

The box office actually opened at 11 today. And yeah we all thought he was bull****ting us but it wasn't worth fighting.

Only one other person came between 6:30 and 8 and because of the sign one of the line sitters put up, he just went straight to McDonald's. No one else showed up til after we were all back at the theatre.

I will also say, because I forgot to mention it earlier, that the line sitters were all giant sweethearts. They lent me blankets and were concerned whet

Feb 14 2016, 05:13:38 PM

Okay everybody listen up! 

I was in the line this morning at 5am and I stayed until right before two when I got a ticket to the matinee. There are some serious misconceptions here.

Around 6:30, NYPD told the four of us in line (me and three line sitters) that we had to move and come back at 8. We all went very calmly and quietly, and one of the line sitters put up a sign telling any new comers that we had gone to McDonald's.

At 8 we all went back to the theatre, 5 o

Feb 13 2016, 06:13:53 PM

I just walked past the line around 5pm and the first person said he'd gotten there at 7:30am and was 12th in line then. Everyone in front of him got in for the matinee. I'm planning to get there at 5am tomorrow and if I don't freeze to death I'll let you know how it goes!

Also this is a last ditch effort to get someone to do it with me! If anyone wants, it really would be great to be able to alternate and go get warm.

Feb 12 2016, 04:55:45 PM

So despite the arctic blast and a low of 12, im still planning to try this Sunday for the matinee (two shows this Sunday). Im on my own though, so if anyone wants to try as well, it would be great to partner up with someone!

Feb 10 2016, 01:01:59 AM

I've heard line sitter can get there anywhere from 3:30 to 5:30 and other trickle in starting at 7. I'm doing it this Sunday and planning to get there around 5.

Feb 8 2016, 11:48:29 AM

Hey! I'm planning to try my luck at the cancellation line this Sunday (2/14) but I'm going solo. Does anyone know if it's harder or easier to get a single ticket? Will they make you pass up a ticket and give it to people behind you if it's a part of a pair?

Also if anyone else was thinking of going solo on Sunday, would you wanna pair up?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You