News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for showman91

Member Name: showman91
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Scott Rudin takedown  Apr 23 2021, 11:13:55 PM

@ctorres You may not have called anyone names, but whether you've intended to or not you have trivialized the claims of lots of the people who have chosen to do something brave and come forward. I know because I have already spoken to a reporter about my experiences surrounding this issue. Personally, I feel like your contributions to the conversation are solely to get a rise out of people.

Scott Rudin takedown  Apr 22 2021, 11:09:13 PM

Where are the people now who after the first article were defending him? 

Scott Rudin takedown  Apr 21 2021, 11:25:40 AM

Not to sound conspiratorial, but anyone using this as an example to argue against the "police state" we're living in sounds completely ignorant. First off, big tech is actually SELLING YOUR DATA & MAKING MONEY OFF OF IT EVERY SECOND. Second, I'm willing to take bets the font on his phone is set at size 64.

He got caught. He could have easily dug his heels in and denied it, but he didn't. He admitted it, and resigned. Even if Disney pressured him, he could

“The show must go on” reaks of white supremacy. Thoughts by Robin De Jesus  Apr 19 2021, 05:53:00 PM

Producers are more often than not greedy and shady. If I understood the point, it happens more often to performers of color than it does to performers who are white.

Lots of people get shot by cops. POC happen to get shot by police more often.

Lots of farmers get denied loans. Farmers of color are denied loans more often.

Etc., etc. That is white supremacy.

Scott Rudin “stepping aside” from theatrical ventures  Apr 17 2021, 12:31:53 PM

I know this is cynical, but he has industry backing and a PR machine at his disposal. Every move is calculated. It needs to be considered that his vague apology now is to 1) stave off more damaging stories once TMM is already in rehearsals and 2) preserve his relationships in the industry for a comeback later. By the latter I mean, he is better off nipping it in the bud and apologizing before there is the chance of more well-known people in the industry swearing

Hello, Dolly! Ticket Exchange  Jul 31 2017, 11:26:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I have a ticket for the Hello Dolly! performance this Sunday, 8/6 @ 2pm that I will no longer be able to attend. Seat is located in the Right Balcony, Row E. If someone would be interested in swapping with me for a ticket later on, please get in touch. I am also locally in NYC. Thanks guys!

Will THE BANDSTAND open on Broadway?  Oct 20 2016, 01:53:47 PM

Looks like it was already mentioned, but my thinking was BS had its eyes on the Jacobs as well.

BLACKBIRD Previews  Feb 10 2016, 03:54:01 PM

I'm unsure if it was my seat in the balcony, but I was not a huge fan of the show. I see the emotional impact they were trying for, but don't think they reached it. I'm sure by opening they'll be there. Disclaimer: I've also never been a fan of Michelle Williams and she lived up to my expectations of her. Daniels I thought was great.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You