News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theater245

Member Name: theater245
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Seeking Recommendations. Best Set?  Aug 10 2023, 05:33:52 PM

Thanks for the recommendations!

Seeking Recommendations. Best Set?  Aug 9 2023, 04:25:05 PM

Hey we are tourists in town this month. We haven't been to any Broadway shows since pre-COVID. I was wondering out of all the newer shows, which one do you think has the most impressive set/stage? I've read that HLL is pretty unique in set design and BTTF has amazing special effects but wondering if others should be in my radar.

Child friendly shows?  Mar 14 2023, 03:48:39 PM

My kiddo LOVES caterpillar! Thanks so much for putting this on my radar!

Child friendly shows?  Mar 14 2023, 12:12:00 PM

I am a tourist about to visit NYC in the last weekend of April with my 2-year-old. I haven't been to Broadway in a long time and I really miss it.

I know seeing a Broadway show is not in the cards but I was wondering if anyone here has seen Gazillion Bubble Show or would recommend some other family friendly alternative? It would just be nice to get out and experience live theatre again.

Hamilton SRO Questions  Feb 24 2020, 07:30:12 PM

Islander_fan said: "I ushered there for six months. Every time I was there standing room was reserved for VIPs (friends of cast members, theatre staff etc.) I never saw it sold it to the general public. Could they have potentially sold to the general public If they didn’t fill it with those with inside access? Perhaps, but would be/sill is an anomaly.."

Thank you so much for answering my question! You saved me a lot of time and deliberation. Now I know trying f

Hamilton SRO Questions  Feb 24 2020, 04:48:45 PM

Does Hamilton still offer SRO or is it now just lotto and cancellation line?

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 20 2020, 04:26:26 PM

I really want to see SIX when I am in NYC in late march or mid-May. It is THE show I am excited about this season. I am debating on rushing this show versus just paying the $79 for center mezzanine (row H), which offers a pretty good view in my opinion.

On one hand it feels painful to pay regular price. On the other hand, waiting 2+ hours to save $40 isn't ideal either. I am interested to know if this show will raise prices soon or if they might release a discount co

Ideas for in-between shows?  Feb 18 2020, 04:41:41 PM

It is tough to squeeze in something to do plus eat between 5pm and 8pm on a Saturday. I usually just go to a nice restaurant to eat dinner.

Assuming you eat quick, here are some ideas:

Museums - Go up to the Guggenheim. This museum closes at 8pm on Saturdays. 5pm-8pm is pay what you wish but you can skip this long line of people waiting for "free" tickets if you are willing to pay regular admission. 

Rockefeller Center - Go ice skating

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Feb 17 2020, 07:32:32 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "That link above from TripAdvisor has been pretty reliable. Also, I have found most Hilton hotels usually don’t charge a resort fee although it’s always wise to check ahead of time. I know when I was staying at the Hilton in Brooklyn Sept - Oct that they started charging resort fees in the middle of my stay (which I talked them out of) so it’s possible that they will start charging more and more at Hilton Hotels as that’s what they indicated at

Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Feb 17 2020, 05:52:29 PM

I am shocked at how many more hotels now charge resort fees even compared to fall of last year when this thread started. Today, I can't even FIND a hotel that DOESN'T charge resort fees in NYC. Can anyone give me some advice on which hotels' fees include generous food/drink credit? I figure if resort fees are increasingly unavoidable, I might as well get a meal out of it.

Best Midtown Restaurants?  Jan 12 2020, 02:38:56 PM
The ramen at City Kitchen food court next to Row Nyc is fast and really good (sister company to ippudo). City Kitchen also has free bathrooms for the public.
Broadway trip - Times Square/midtown hotels with no resort fees  Oct 22 2019, 06:00:50 PM
None of the Hilton hotels have resort fees and a lot of them have free breakfast, making Hilton a great value choice.

I recently stayed at Embassy Suites on 37th and 6th. No resort fee and free breakfast! Other Hilton hotels that may not be so obviously Hilton to check out include Garden Inn, Hampton and Doubletree.

Best cheap hotels closest to Bway?  Oct 7 2019, 11:50:41 AM
There are so many hotels in NYC, you are bound to get a really good deal on Priceline or Hotwire last minute opaque deals. I have never paid more than $100 for a Friday or Sunday night, more than $150 for a Saturday night. November would be a good time to use last minute Priceline. January should be really cheap however you book. If you want to book direct, Hilton hotels tend to not have resort fees.

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Oct 7 2019, 08:38:33 AM
Hey guys, long time tourist lurker on this thread. Thank you for revealing that stubhub is a great option for cheap seats! For yesterday’s Sunday matinee, I was in the area and bought two stubhub tickets at around 2:40pm! $35 each for mezz row E, $92 total including fees! Best part was the ticket was digital so I just bought it as I was walking to the Kerr and they scanned my phone with no problem. The show was phenomenal and I’m really grateful I got to see this with OBC! From what I remember,
Beetlejuice Rush  Oct 5 2019, 10:55:45 AM
I got in line at 9:40 today. We got row g center mezz not next to each other. The people ahead and after us also did not get seats next to each other. We all got evening shows. So yeah... it seems like earlier def gets better seats for this show. Hope this helps!
The Official TDF Thread  Oct 3 2019, 03:09:06 PM
Is Freestyle Love Supreme on TDF this weekend? I heard Lin was in the cast a couple of days ago and it got good reviews. I don't frequently go to NYC so I am on the fence on renewing my membership.
The Official TDF Thread  Jul 1 2019, 05:18:31 PM

I am from out of town and occasionally browse TDF. For this Saturday, there is Tootsie, My Fair Lady, Frozen, King Kong to name a few. Is Broadway historically quiet on July 4th weekend?

My Fair Lady Student Rush  Jun 25 2019, 02:19:54 PM
On Sunday 6/23, I dropped by Lincoln Center around 12:30pm and they still had student rush tickets with no one else in line. It is one ticket per student ID and I was with non-students so we went to rush King Kong instead (a show that also still had rush tickets at 1pm with fantastic orchestra seats).
BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Previews  Feb 12 2019, 06:24:51 PM

Darn, I am visiting NYC this weekend and I was going to rush this Saturday. Can someone report back how bad the rush lines are this week? I would love to know tomorrow's situation.

Play that goes wrong tonight Tix $30  Jan 2 2018, 03:55:27 PM
I got 2 rush seats for tonight . Don't really want to go any more. Selling at face value for $60. Cash only, meet in times square. Seats k11 and 13. Better yet, would love to trade for another show!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You