News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Doody Fisher

Member Name: Doody Fisher
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

casting for cats?  Apr 1 2016, 02:44:20 AM

Alex10 said: "Doody Fisher said: "I hope that somehow Nicole Sherzinger doesn't get to play Grizabella and they hire Stephanie J Block instead. 

"

As awesome as that would have been, her recent casting in Falsettos ruins that pipe dream. Still, there's a million actresses I'd like to see in this role before Scherzinger.

"

hear, hear

Can someone tell me the reason why the humans in The Humans are played by humans and not cats?  Apr 1 2016, 02:29:02 AM

Equity would have a bitch of a time negotiating with the feline performers. 

Did Aladdin Deserve a Tony nom?  Mar 29 2016, 01:33:33 AM

Mr Roxy said: "It is a Disney theme park show on steroids.

"

apt description. lol

Best/Worst Tony Awards Performances  Mar 28 2016, 10:23:09 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "^they were non-equity

i really thought Gigi was a fun one, didn't seem good though. Same with it shoulda been you.

"

it shoulda been you had a slot because David Hyde Pierce paid for it.. same pretentiousness as FN

What makes for an effective revival?  Mar 28 2016, 08:11:01 PM

Full Orchestrations (looking at you, Roundabout)

Best/Worst Tony Awards Performances  Mar 28 2016, 08:07:23 PM

Best: Cinderella, the KIng and I (2015), Matilda, Fun Home, The Lion KIng, If/THen

Worst: Catherine Zeta Jones's chicken-neck jerking / seizure inducing performance for A little night music, any jukebox musical. Patti LUpone (Anything Goes), Spiderman, Grease (2007), Finding Neverland (pretentious as **** especially knowing they had zero nominations)

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 28 2016, 06:39:47 AM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Speaking of Charlotte, I think it's been over a year since she's done the role of "Roxie".  Maybe when Paige Davis departs?  I hope Charlotte still has an interest in doing the role.   It's great that Lara Seibert Young was allowed an opportunity (all too brief) to shine as Velma.  I think that one of the keys to improving the show is to have a variety of Velmas, instead of ...well, you know.  

&nb

The Wiz - The Broadway Theatre?  Mar 28 2016, 12:26:43 AM

wasn't there speculation that it would go to the Imperial - which is basically moot now since Natasha, Pierre is taking the theatre once Les Mis finishes.

Curious about marriage/ relationship success rates for Broadway stars  Mar 26 2016, 11:27:51 AM

John Tartagila and his hubby Michael Shawn Lewis-  six years strong

casting for cats?  Mar 23 2016, 05:45:25 AM

I hope that somehow Nicole Sherzinger doesn't get to play Grizabella and they hire Stephanie J Block instead. 

Luke Evans & Hugh Jackman Gaston singoff  Mar 22 2016, 03:14:52 AM

the video is now 'private'...?

Difference between Operator and Owner of a theatre  Mar 19 2016, 10:57:57 AM

Could someone explain to me the differences between the two?

Charlie OFFICIALLY coming to Broadway  Mar 17 2016, 11:25:29 AM

the new Dr Zhivago?

Song for group of girls  Mar 17 2016, 07:46:04 AM

Call_me_jorge said: "The version of naughty from Matilda with all four girls.

"

When I Grow Up would be a good choice too. One of the girls in the group can dress older to play the part of Miss Honey. See this video for reference: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0tRDhEmdO4

Report Abuse Links opinion thread  Mar 12 2016, 09:54:04 AM

can someone direct dear Patti to datalounge? she might find it better than BWW forums. especially the thread where her husband is sexually objectified :)

Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...  Mar 10 2016, 08:38:53 PM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "Patti sees what she wants to see. She made a concerted effort to dredge up comments that suited her argument. Ignored the rest. All the people hailing her on her blog as some sort of conquering hero are sadly mistaken. 

"

she's playing the "victim".

Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...  Mar 10 2016, 08:03:51 PM

what was she expecting though? this is the INTERNET.

Wicked Movie Dream Cast  Mar 10 2016, 07:51:18 PM

VintageSnarker said: ""I am also tired of Fiyero's portrayal as a white jock - while it goes with the character, it's dishonest to the book in which he's clearly a POC."

To be fair, musical Fiyero is very different from book Fiyero. I wonder if they ever considered the blue diamonds.

"

they did, but the diamonds kept falling off, so they ditched it

Patti Murin takes on BWW Chat Boards...  Mar 10 2016, 07:42:43 PM

she shouldn't be in this business if she can't take a little anonymous criticism. LOL. I get that your show was cancelled, honey, but BWW forums isn't Datalounge. 

Wicked Movie Dream Cast  Mar 10 2016, 08:08:40 AM

Plannietink08 said: "This thread makes me sick. 

"

you and me, boo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You