News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FiddleMeThis

Member Name: FiddleMeThis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ANASTASIA Previews
 Mar 28 2017, 09:57:34 PM

WhizzerMarvin said: "Kad, I agree. I thought act two was going to be us watching the trio of Anya/Vlad/Dmitry attempting to convince The Dowager Empress that she was indeed Anastasia, but the Empress and Anya's first meeting happened off stage, which I found a bizarre choice. Isn't this what the entire show has been building toward? Isn't this what we care about? Can Anya pull it off? And then you don't let us see it? Completely baffling. 

The structur

ANASTASIA Previews
 Mar 26 2017, 07:15:17 PM

Projections are indeed tacky. They are hyperrealistic and end up looking like the screen savers that came with your computer. They have improved since Hartford but end up looking "expensive" rather than adding much to the experience of the show. 

ANASTASIA Casting Announced
 Mar 20 2017, 05:15:12 PM

Kinky Boy said: "hes talking about how he wants good music that you can hum and want to listen to after the shows over. If the music is forgettable, there's no point in doing a musical. 

"Thank you! That's exactly what I meant. The music is enjoyable but not a lot of it stays with you. Again, this is my opinion.

Mar 20 2017, 04:33:12 PM

What would you say are the "hits" from this show? I am not the hugest fan of Journey- it has power but I feel like it's not the strongest songwriting. 

Mar 20 2017, 04:15:41 PM

For me, the score (as it was in CT) is accomplished but low on hits. December is the one you leave humming, and it's basically a lullaby. There is a stunning choral moment in Act One as well. But mostly kind of sleepy. I feel like these composers are off their game as of late. 

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
 Mar 16 2017, 12:18:27 PM

I was there for the first preview. I can agree with most of what everyone seems to be saying- the energy in the room was flat out unbelievable and Bette lived up to it. The keys are in the basement but it doesn't matter. She seems to know when to push it and when to hold back. She pulled off every number. TONS of comic business in act two that the audience just ate up. Most surprising to me was how touching the monologues were. A lovely hush settled over the audience during these moments,

Anastasia Tony Nominations?
 Mar 3 2017, 07:41:01 PM

I totally agree with these choices and would put money on it. Those four are truly so deserving of recognition. 

Mar 3 2017, 07:26:12 PM

Hi! Why don't you complain directly to the person who asked for opinions? Mine is an informed one- I'm involved with this production currently and have seen most of the new shows in some form. I completely expect the show to have improved since Hartford. But it is still the most bloated of the new entries (aside from Charlie) and the other new shows are VERY STRONG- Comet, Hansen, Come From Away, etc... lots of great performances to contend with as well. In another season this show co

Mar 3 2017, 06:01:44 PM

I think chances are this show will miss out on a Best Musical nomination. It's just too strong a season and the material here isn't strong enough. This is a very conventional, if stylishly presented, show and there is so much original, thrilling material being presented this season. The performances are also nothing special, although she might get a nod for Best Actress- she's the best person in the cast. But the other principals aren't given the type of work to do that t

Feb 24 2017, 01:31:54 PM

It looks like they still haven't fixed the Gleb character. They have been working on all the wrong things. If they coast on the popularity of the film, they are going to have some disappointed customers, once people realize how different this show is from the movie.

Feb 2 2017, 07:51:11 PM

This is some really exciting artwork and the best thing they could be doing. The mystery element is the best and most interesting part of the show. 

Nothing in A compares to the big reveal in BANDSTAND. Sorry, but it's true. A has some great material and some lovely moments but it doesn't add up to a satisfying show. It's for fangirls of the film only. 

Jan 31 2017, 01:48:37 PM

My Petersburg was nowhere near the top of the list of things that needed changing.

And my money is on Bandstand to outlast this production.

Jan 17 2017, 03:43:42 PM

Kyle is the likely Dmiti cover- but he's not the person who replace Max.

And Anastasia is in nowhere near as good shape as Groundhog Day, I don't know who you're talking to. The run was popular but there were major plot and scenery elements that will have to be reworked. GD is very solid as is, in addition to getting rave reviews.

Amelie, not so much.

Jan 16 2017, 11:41:20 AM

Max replaced by the guy from American in Paris who I saw go on for Jerry and was completely out of his depth. Doubt this person will cover Dimitri.

Germanacos would likely cover Gleb. He is fantastic and so glad to see him back, a high point of Hartford. That said, this show needs a ton of work from what I saw in CT. There are a ton of really solid shows that are opening this season, and this one will have to really shape up to compete.

Dear Evan Hansen Lottery
 Jan 3 2017, 02:46:47 PM

Any idea when they stopped doing the lottery? Was this just for the holidays? If the lottery doesn't come back- what's the best way to get decent seats to this show and not pay full price?

The Great Comet Deserves Tonys.
 Nov 2 2016, 08:56:45 AM

Just not for best score. 

FALSETTOS Reviews
 Oct 28 2016, 03:54:43 PM

Agree. His gushing over AAIP made for some giant disappointment when I finally caught the show. 

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Oct 25 2016, 03:47:04 PM

Sorry- I love experimental theater, and atypical scores, but bwaybabe was right: this show isn't working for a great number of people. I saw lots of walkouts the night I went, especially during the torturous strobe light scene. And yes- the "great" Comet is indeed a single light bulb. There is no arguing about that. 

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Oct 25 2016, 09:13:59 AM

I very much agree with this assessment. 

FALSETTOS Previews
 Oct 23 2016, 11:48:18 PM

Thank you, Mazinger, for a thoughtful and honest review. I think the power and emotion of the show itself is blinding some people to the messy flaws and miscasting of this production. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You