News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MyFavoriteBrunette

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
Member Name: MyFavoriteBrunette
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 21 2019, 07:05:58 PM

My sister lives on the street where all the action is happening. IDK how or what they filmed in the downpour.

They took the corner daycare and made a facade for Daniela’s Salon.

And the corner bodega and taxi dispatch is being used as well. I used to get cars from there to take my mom to her Dr’s appointments during the last 3 years of her life. Glad that scenes from the actual neighborhood is being used for the movie.

Laura Benanti Gave A Classy Read Last Night At MY FAIR LADY  Jun 21 2019, 06:18:49 PM

uncageg said: "I always power my phone off while entering the theater or shortly after getting to my seat."

And for this... we thank you!  (takes bow) heart

Laura Benanti Gave A Classy Read Last Night At MY FAIR LADY  Jun 21 2019, 06:01:31 PM

Islander_fan said: "I usher as you may already know. And, when I hear a phone go off, I jump up to find out where the sound is coming from. However, there are many times where it's turned off before I can see where exactly it's coming from. We do try, and, it's not like we don't care. But, there's only so much we can do."

As as a sub-usher, I agree with Islander_Fan’s statement here and also one can’t police the cell phones to the point of ruining someone else’s experience of theater in the mix.  One can only approach a patron so many times before it needs to be escalated. The person next to them can be more annoyed by us and our flashlights than the person on their phone.  But we are always present for every ring, every bright phone display, every video or photo capture, social media scrolling during a show and are there to help make the performance a little more enjoyable for others by minimizing distractions.  I can beg on my knees before the show to please turn off your cell phones and people just don’t wanna do it.  Something really important is gonna happen in that phone that can’t wait an hour til intermission frown

Broadway.com or Telecharge?  Feb 17 2019, 02:35:41 AM

Always shop Ticketmaster and Telecharge BUT FIRST find your discount code through TheaterMania.com BroadwayBox.com or even googling, as I have.

Stay away from Broadway.com unless it's a sold out last resort kind of situation.  I used them in 2012 to take my mom to The Lion King because they had the better seats left.  I was a novist when it came to theater back then and was unaware of th fees they were imposing.  Thought that was a Broadway standard as I'm sure m

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 17 2019, 02:25:40 AM

Alexander Lamar said: "that broadway cast really needs a shakeup."

when I saw the And Peggy tour in Puerto Rico last month, I sorta felt that way.  During intermission, my husband texted me to ask how was the show and I responded "this cast needs to be on Broadway".  As an ensemble, they were all very good together.  I hope Broadway gets that sometime.

Richard Rodgers seating  Nov 14 2018, 02:16:01 PM

Wee Thomas2 said: "I think they relettered the Rear Mezz to continue from the Front Mezz, instead of duplicating row letters"

I believe so, as the OP commented.  I just went on September 26th and had great seats in the rear mezz, Rows D & E seats 1,3,5,7.  D is the row directly over the entryway to the front and rear mezz.  It was great not to have any heads in the way, tight even for me at 5'2" to have a half wall right at my toes! &

Stubhub procedure  Oct 3 2018, 05:04:24 AM

MadsonMelo said: "So, one question, does Stubhub has a physical store, right?

Can I get there and buy a ticket?

If the question is silly, I'm sorry lol
"

Stubhub offices have desktop computers you surf on their site to purchase tickets.  One can do the same at home or on a mobile phone.  Convenience is if it's a print ticket, printer is there in their offices.  But as an earlier poster mentioned, The FedEx Off

Anyone have theatre ticket stub hub success before?  Jul 12 2018, 10:48:28 PM
Extremely happy with StubHub. Bought over 6 tickets on different occasions to Hamilton moments before curtain, bought Adele, Beyoncé, Barbra Streisand, Bruno Mars, Yankee playoffs, all without incidents. My sister had a ticket issue with a concert I purchased for her and StubHub upgraded her seat to a better one. They have very good customer service to handle issues. Tick Pick...not so much. Rather pay the crazy fees on StubHub knowing that they'll help in a pinch than pay no fees and not b
Patti rehearses EVITA - photo set from 1979.  Jun 20 2018, 01:19:22 AM

She looked so poised and meant for the role.  I remember my mom buying this cast recording and playing it at home. She didn't have the money to take herself and two young daughters to Broadway, but we could imagine with cast recordings.  

Best best musical of the decade  Jun 11 2018, 02:03:41 PM
Hamilton.

It's my favorite because a cast recording never captured me the way this one did. I'd listen over and over discovering a new layer and a new meaning to the lyrics. How something I never saw with my eyes could connect me and make me cry. The use of layering lyrics of a song, combined in a kind of harmony (Schuyler Sisters and Non-Stop) forgive me for not knowing the technical name for this, I just loved hearing it and how one could zone in on one character in the song and l

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 10:43:17 PM

Scarlet Leigh said: "MY HEART! OMG I can't believe OOTI did it! I am so insanely happy!

Also, can't wait to find out what DeNiro said.
"

Same here on both!  LOL! 

Is Hamilton cancellation line still insane?  Mar 9 2018, 12:23:56 AM

MISH2 said: "To answer your question - yes, you can. I did it today. Walked into the box office around 11:45 and bought 2 orchestra seats, row L, for tomorrow night at face value of $229 each."

OH!  So great to heat that this happened to you!  Miss the insanity of the old thread.  We were all on it!  Hope all has been well!

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Feb 7 2018, 03:48:28 AM

ebizzle said: "Some days when Mandy will be out of Hamilton:
3/12-3/18, 5/5/18, 6/2/18—according to her website/Twitter
https://t.co/8VpSfK0lFq

OOOOH!  Thank you for this!!!!  I get a different Angelica when I go on 3/17/18.  Would love a different Eliza as well!  Thank you for sharing this!

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 11:24:26 PM
After sifting through different weeknights (a lot of Saturdays had zero tickets available) I was able to buy tickets in the $199 range for my friends. There were a lot more $199 seats available this time around than in the August Verified Fan sale.

And while I was shopping... my code was texted to me at 10:02pm telling me to "Get Ready" that tickets would be on sale at 10am...yes I know!

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 08:15:05 PM

WDBNYC2 said: "I'm seeing lots of remaining availability, especially in the $649 and up categories (but also some at the lower prices)."

Heading home no from the Upper West Side to the Lower East Side.  Let's see what I find.  I am the Hamilton fan and I know the folks who wanna see it don't want to pay over $200-300.  I doubt there's anything left in the rear mezz on any date.

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 06:56:27 PM

#1Elphie said: "MyFavoriteBrunette said: "I ended up with no code, The rep told me because I got the email that I was selected doesn't mean that I am getting a code. That didn't make sense."

I agree, that makes no sense. The email definitely made it clear that you would get a code.

I just go this email:

"Today, we texted yourHAMILTONVerified Fan Presale access code. We are aware that in some ca

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 10:53:05 AM

haterobics said: "I kept seeing seats that should have been selling, Front Mezz, row A, seats 2 and 4, just sitting there, as everything disappeared around it... I was trying for orchestra at the time, so I disconnected from Wi-Fi (so it didn't use the same IP as the other search),used the web browser on my phone to go to the page using ww1. instead of www. so I could select the seats, grabbed them, and somehow got the purchase to go through, and I have front row mezz on the aisl

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 10:50:56 AM

Brad4815 said: "Anyone have a presale code they don’t mind sharing? I totally missed this go around. 

Verified Fan codes are tied to the Ticketmaster account, not like a regular presale access code.

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 10:34:41 AM

#1Elphie said: "I was supposed to get a code but never got one."

I ended up with no code,  The rep told me because I got the email that I was selected doesn't mean that I am getting a code.  That didn't make sense.  The email read

"Thank you for waiting while we identified and removed bots trying to access tomorrow’s presale. We are happy to share that you have been randomly selected to receive an invitation for the

Hamilton Ticket Release via Ticketmaster Verified Fan  Jan 15 2018, 09:55:31 AM

Thank you all for your responses.  Been on the phone with Ticketmaster for about 20 minutes.  Tickets go on sale in 5 min and no code.  The person assisting me stated that the list of recipients isn't up and we've been waiting for a supervisor to swing on by to assist.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You