News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Randomlink1

Member Name: Randomlink1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Good Parts of  May 5 2016, 07:31:48 AM

I always found No good can come from bad in Drood was a pretty good number, even if the rest of the show is pretty eh (excluding the recent Broadway revival, since that fixed a lot of problems in the show).

What categories would you like to see added to the TONYS?  May 4 2016, 12:43:09 PM

ChildofEarth said: "Children have broken into the regular nominations, so I don't see why we need a designation. 

Sound Design, Ensemble, and Wigs/make up are great though - why not spread the love around?

"

I thought that wigs/makeup went into costumes? At least the wigs do

What categories would you like to see added to the TONYS?  May 4 2016, 12:33:35 PM

ozjust4 said: "Best Replacement, Child Performer, Ensemble, and Wigs.

"

The only problem I forsee in Child Performer is seasons that don't have that many children/don't have any. For instance, last year it would've been between the kids from Fun Home and the kids from Finding Neverland. In 2014 I don't think there were any productions that showcased a child in their show.

It's a nice thought to do if there

What categories would you like to see added to the TONYS?  May 4 2016, 08:48:18 AM

jacobtsf said: "The category that absolutely must be added is actually a separation of categories. It infuriates me that Best Play is actually both Best Script and Best Production. If the parts of the whole are separated for musicals they should be for plays too, and it is an insult to all playwrights that this is still the case. 

"

Yeah, that really pisses me off too. There might be an amazing play script wise that has a

Tony predictions -- will and should win  May 4 2016, 08:46:49 AM

aaaaaa15 said: "But just as people should be realistic that Hamilton probably wont win everything, you should be realistic in realizing it's probably going to win more than 5, including at least one acting award.

And NPH was always the favorite. 

"

No, I'm not saying he wasn't deserving of the win. I'm just saying that there are always other people in the nominations, and that to even get a Tony nomination means th

No Benjamin Walker nom is sad  May 4 2016, 08:41:14 AM

From what I've heard he also kind of got snubbed for BBAJ. If you look at the Brantley review of AP it said that he was the part of the show that made it all cohesive, so he was definitely worthy of recognition.

What categories would you like to see added to the TONYS?  May 4 2016, 08:39:02 AM

Obviously Sound Design needs to be back, since it recognizes the tech backstage (also can someone explain to me exactly what qualifies as sound design? I always thought it was the sound effects but now I'm hearing it's the quality of the sound, so I'm kind of confused).

-I think best prop design would be a very nice thing to have.

-I would love to see an audience choice award to show their current favorite show on Broadway, and maybe run the polls during commercials

What will they perform at the Tonys?  May 4 2016, 08:34:08 AM

I have a feeling that Fiddler might do a Tony medley, with a mix of Tradition, If I Were a Rich Man, and the Bottle Dance, to showcase the direction and ensemble, Danny Burstein, and the dancing within the show.

Also, with Hamilton I see them doing what Fun Home did last year and showcase some of their actors but showcase the strongest moment of the show. I'm not sure which song that is since I wasn't fast enough to score tickets to Hamilton, but from what I've heard on the

Tony predictions -- will and should win  May 4 2016, 08:29:54 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "Randomlink1 said: "I'm betting that Hamilton wins no more than 5 awards

I don't see it winning in the acting categories, but in the quality of the show libretto and music wise it will most likely win.
"

This statement would only make sense if you said the opposite about acting. It's pretty much a lock for both Featured performance categories and Lead Actor looks highly in its favor. It can and absolutel

Tony predictions -- will and should win  May 3 2016, 09:25:26 PM

I'm betting that Hamilton wins no more than 5 awards

I don't see it winning in the acting categories, but in the quality of the show libretto and music wise it will most likely win.

The Most overrated and underrated musicals  May 1 2016, 08:41:15 PM

theatreguy12 said: "I know I've mentioned it before, but Urinetown is the only musical I have ever left at intermission.  In a musical rich with messages, I just didn't care what they were. 

I wasn't all that impressed with Jekyll and Hyde either. Beautiful music with great performances.  The story, as I recall, left us with no real sympathetic characters to be honest, so I just didn't care what happened to any of them. :L(

I

Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 03:37:15 PM

Jane2 said: "In my experience, the millennials are the bigger offenders by far re cell phones. They are the ones who are addicted to their phones and literally can't last a minute without using them. I remember having to tell a young person to shut their phone off three times, as she turned it back on after each time.

"

I'd blame non-theatre people to be the worst at it. We theatre fans know how painful it is to have a show

The 2016 Tony NOMINATIONS Thread  May 1 2016, 03:34:37 PM

Tuck Everlasting looks pretty good honestly. Does anyone think it might get a nomination for best musical?

The Most overrated and underrated musicals  May 1 2016, 03:23:22 PM

icecreambenjamin said: "I think everything on that list is idiotic, but Book of Mormon. It may be goofy and vulgar, but it still has a great score. I also think it's one of the best modern mega musicals.
The producers on the other hand, was pretty bad. As was the god awful Spamalot and Young Frankenstein.

"

Yeah, I have no idea how Spamalot beat out both Spelling Bee and The Light in the Piazza

Cell Phone Nightmare: Laura Benanti Stops the Show  May 1 2016, 09:46:44 AM

KJisgroovy said: "The landscape has changed since your definition of "professionalism" was originally established. It's difficult for me to imagine Ethel Merman not doing something similar had someone brought a ringing cell phone into a matinee performance of Call Me Madam. 

"

I actually heard a story of my director saying that an actor was being rude during an Ethel Merman show, and she ended up draggin

Hamilton Junkies  Apr 30 2016, 09:37:25 PM

kimalysong said: "Honestly history lessons might have changed a lot since I was in High School but not a lot of focus was ever put on Hamilton when I went to school. And I DID learn about Hamilton in highschool because my AP American history teacher was a big fan. He was obsessed with Hamilton to the point that Aaron Burr became the "Man Who I Hate". He was an awful teacher & I only passed the AP History test because I studied the material myself; but I am kind of thank

Broadway.com awards  Apr 30 2016, 09:34:44 PM

Also, they voted Young Frankenstein, Sister Act, and If/Then as the best musicals of their respective years, while much better shows also played. So, just keep that in mind.

Does anyone think Shuffle Along might beat out Hamilton at the awards this year?  Apr 30 2016, 09:33:18 PM

Broadway Forever2 said: "Smaxie said: "The original Chicago ran for 936 performances, which was more than two years.  While it had its detractors who didn't appreciate the show's cynicism, I also wouldn't say it earned mixed reviews.  It had lots of champions.  It just was overshadowed by A Chorus Line that year, which was a phenomenon.  

"
I

I'm not saing

Unpopular Opinions  Apr 30 2016, 09:32:06 PM

FlySkyHigh said: "I don't understand the obsession with Les Mis. Don't get me wrong, the music is beautiful but it's such a sad and depressing story. I'm glad I saw a Broadway production of it, but once was enough for me. I won't be going back for more.

"

To say that it shouldn't be loved because of it's sad and depressing story isn't true. Many shows have done extremely well with sad and depress

Does anyone think Shuffle Along might beat out Hamilton at the awards this year?  Apr 30 2016, 08:54:16 PM

qolbinau said: "If Hamilton did not win Best Musical it would surely be the biggest upset in Tony history. I just can't imagine it happening. Perhaps I'd enjoy seeing it happening if only to witness the response on this forum.

"

Calling Hamilton if it didn't win the big award the biggest upset in Tony history is a huge overstatement. Keep in mind great shows such as Gypsy, Into the Woods, West Side Story, Sunday in the Park With Georg

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You