News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for barbraboy19902

Member Name: barbraboy19902
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

5 Shows  Apr 10 2019, 09:28:19 PM
Im coming to town from May 13 to 17 and have room for 5 shows. I know for sure I want to see The Cher Show. But what are some other cant miss shows?
The View Upstairs?  Mar 1 2017, 09:13:29 PM

Any reviews on this show?

Current Shows with Nudity  Mar 1 2017, 08:41:45 PM

Are there any? 

Current Shows with Nudity  Mar 1 2017, 08:41:45 PM

Are there any? 

King and I Tour  Mar 1 2017, 04:55:13 PM

Will LMK still be with the show in September?

How to Transcend a Happy Marriage Previews  Mar 1 2017, 04:08:15 PM

WhizzerMarvin said: "barbaraboy, The Glass Menagerie as a play is obviously one of the greats and most plays would pale in comparison, but I found this new production so lacking that I would suggest How to Transcend over seeing Menagerie. If you've already purchased tickets and find it a hassle to exchange (they are both LCT productions so you might have some luck doing so) just go see Menagerie- I would suggest reading that preview thread as there are a variety of opinions and y

How to Transcend a Happy Marriage Previews  Mar 1 2017, 10:40:16 AM

How did I not know about this show?! My whole trip is booked but I may be willing to drop a show for this. Is this show better than Glass Menagerie?

Villain: DeBlanks  Feb 27 2017, 11:22:31 AM

I just saw the listing for this on 54 Below's website. With the line up they have, it seems super fun! Has anyone ever seen this before? Is it worth the money??

TDF Honors Kinky Boots  Feb 25 2017, 07:42:24 PM

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "While you are asking questions and not getting answers, I figured I'd do the same:

Any idea on what the dress code "festive attire" means? Should I actually wear my Tux for a Mezz seat?

"

No idea what to wear... Have you received your tickets? Or do we get them at will call?

SUNDAY... Reviews  Feb 23 2017, 10:51:00 PM

ljay889 said: "4 Stars from Time Out. He does spoil the chromolume, so keep that in mind if you''re looking to be surprised. 

"You will be suitably swept away by Gyllenhaal’s passionately acted, exquisitely articulated George, the most psychologically cohesive and sympathetic rendition I’ve witnessed live. (Mandy Patinkin on video will always remain the gold standard.) Comical and tender by turns, Ashford provides the flashes of light where Gyllenhaal turns inward to shadow.''

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/broadway-review-jake-gyllenhaal-is-amazing-in-sunday-in-the-park-with-george-022317

"

Forgive me if this is a dumb question: but, what is a chromelume?

Glass Menagerie??  Feb 20 2017, 10:20:34 PM

HogansHero said: "It is one of the greatest American plays. What you are reading are the rants of purists who want it done the way they did it in community theatre whereas this is a fresh look at a classic play being performed without ornamentation so that the language of the play and the actors performances shine through. Sally did it the old fashioned way over a decade ago, and now she is delivering a brilliant performance in a production that blows away the cobwebs. If you love he

Glass Menagerie??  Feb 20 2017, 09:44:54 PM

UncleCharlie said: "The whole reason you bought the ticket was cause you wanted to see Sally Field on stage. You're going to get to do that. So what are you worried about?

"

I guess I'd still ultimately rather see a play that I would enjoy the story of.

Glass Menagerie??  Feb 20 2017, 07:09:54 PM

I have tickets. Not because I know anything about the play but because I ADORE Sally Field. I'd love to see her on stage but the reviews I have read here gave me super worried. Should I see something else? Does Sally do theater often? What would be a good alternative show?

Mel B breaks character in final Chicago performance  Feb 20 2017, 12:14:13 PM

Sondheimite said: "Not only is it not common, it is an insult to her fellow performers/the production team/the paying audience/the profession.  May her D- talent never make it's way onto the professional stage again. 

"

Stick the stick out of your ass. I would have loved to have been there. I love it when this sort of thing happens!

The New Group's ALL THE FINE BOYS  Feb 18 2017, 04:04:16 PM

I'm coming with younger guys so I guess what I'm asking...are breasts visible? I don't want to deal with a bunch of giggling kids lol

The New Group's ALL THE FINE BOYS  Feb 18 2017, 12:24:39 PM

Is any nudity visible at all?

The New Group's ALL THE FINE BOYS  Feb 18 2017, 12:08:58 PM

I was going to take some younger friends to see this but was encouraged not to due to "nudity". Was that the case?

Hamilton NYC vs Tour  Feb 18 2017, 11:13:18 AM

I was wondering. I have NYC tickets for next month. According to stub hub I could sell my ticket for a minimum of $1,200 for the performance I am supposed to attend. It was just announced that Hamilton will be coming to Atlanta next year, so I know for sure I can see it then. Should I sell my NYC ticket? Is it likely that I'd actually make $1,200? 

Sunset Boulevard seating questions  Feb 10 2017, 10:41:02 PM

I'm on the last row of the Balcony in the center section. What's the view like from there?

Pippin Tour?  Feb 10 2017, 10:14:04 PM

I saw this in Columbus, GA a few weeks ago. It was incredible!! The guy who played Pippin (I believe his name was Naysh Fox) was perfect! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You