News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for roxannex

Member Name: roxannex
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 24 2022, 12:18:26 PM

Thank you! I may skip it this time--assuming it will be around for later? I like Beanie Feldstein a lot, and I like Funny Girl. But I'm going with my teenage son, so this was one for me. I'd be singing along silently. :)

Going to do Little Shop, BOM, Moulin Rouge and SleepNoMore. I've been to that a lot, but now he's old enough to go...going to see whether he loves it or hates it! 

Beanie Feldstein in FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Feb 23 2022, 11:22:25 AM

I'd really like to see this in early April. Would you buy tickets now or wait? I generally like to get close up seats and will often get partial views very up close, but those don't look available for my dates. Do you think the prices will go up from now or are likely to go down/get some discounts? Thank you!

April Shows with 76 year old mom and 13 year old son
 Mar 12 2019, 03:29:56 PM

I think my mom saw it on tour. 

We have bought the tickets! So now my son and I will act out Titus Andronicus. LOL. It is done!

And Tootsie should be funny. 

Mar 12 2019, 02:31:22 PM

Ha ha! Okay! We compromised! Tootsie on Saturday for a matinee and Gary on Sunday. She promised she wouldn't be mad at me if she hates it. It has music by Danny Elfman, too! I also have no idea if it's appropriate for my son, but it can't be worse than what he hears coming out of my mouth on the gamer Youtube videos he watches. Thank you! The Prom probably IS good, but I watched a clip online, and it just wasn't doing it for me. SOME time in 10 years I guess I'll see Hamil

Mar 12 2019, 01:13:34 PM

Thank you for all the suggestions. I have to admit that I saw info on The Prom, and I just thought it looked so stupid. We saw School of Rock a few years ago, and I thought it was horrible--not great set, just so blah...and The Prom seemed to give off similar vibes for me. So, I'm just surprised you all like it so much. Maybe I'm missing something. I am very LBGTQ friendly, so it's not the concept. It just didn't seem interesting, but maybe I'm wrong. I will look again.

Mar 12 2019, 11:25:41 AM

Also, I know that Be More Chill or Mean Girls might appeal to the 13 year old demographic, but I've heard Be More Chill is actually awful, and I don't think my son would like the whole "teen" comedy thing. He's not that into things like that. 

Mar 12 2019, 11:21:11 AM

Hello! I'm coming to NYC Easter weekend with my 76 year old mom who loves big funny spectacle musicals and my 13 year old son. He and my  mom really enjoyed Matilda a few years ago. (It WAS great  for the whole family.) I love weird stuff, but also like funny and flashy...generally musicals. Haven't seen Hamilton or Cursed Child but neither are in the budget and I don't want to give up 4 hours to Harry Potter anyway. We can probably see 2 shows...maybe 3 but I think that

Help me pick a third show-Sense and Sensibility?
 Mar 18 2016, 06:14:00 PM

Thank you! Old Hats looks really cute, but I'm looking for an evening show.

For those who have seen Sense and Sensibility, the website says seating in the third row has a back and cushioned seats. Does that mean the other rows do not? 

Mar 18 2016, 05:19:40 PM

That looks adorable!

Mar 18 2016, 05:15:10 PM

Thanks! I did consider all of those! :) The Woodsman looked cool, but I saw that there were few words and it was more performance art. My mom tends to like over the top spectacles, so I wasn't sure how that would go over. I've read about Daddy Longlegs..I'll have to look at it again.

I have never heard of Old Hats. I'll check that out right now.

Mar 18 2016, 04:06:58 PM

Hello!

I'm heading to NYC on Easter weekend with my 70 something mom and 10 year old son for a theater/food weekend..plus some viewing of Easter bonnets. We're Jewish, so don't care much about the holiday. :)

We have tickets on Friday for Curious Incident and tickets on Saturday for Matilida. I was looking for something a little different than a big Broadway production for Sunday, and I'm having a hard time deciding. I almost picked something like Accom

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You