News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for roger42

Member Name: roger42
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which Regional Theatres Do You Think are Overdue for a Tony?
 Aug 15 2016, 08:23:53 AM

American Shakespeare Center Staunton Virginia

Arden Philadelphia

Favorite Moments/Highlights of the 2015-2016 Season
 May 30 2016, 01:02:23 PM

Sitting on stage for A View From the Bridge, totally immersive from start to finish.

Out of town, Gregory Jon Phelps as Bottom in the American Shakespeare Center's A Midsummer Night's Dream. His death scene as Pyramis is perhaps the funniest comic rendering of anything I've ever seen.

PEER GYNT @ CSC
 May 30 2016, 12:52:04 PM

Peer Gynt may well be a play that defies productio at least in the minimalist fashion, but on Saturday afternoon Gabriel Ebert was really clicking in the role. There was one early walkout from the front row, but otherwise I didn't detect a bored vibe, most seemed absorbed in Ebert's remarkable performance.

Strindberg's The Father at the Polonsky Center
 May 24 2016, 08:15:36 AM

A terrific production, it caught the humor, poetry and sadness of the piece, a powerful performance by John Douglas Thompson.

Is THE DINGDONG Worth Seeing?
 Apr 14 2016, 11:44:30 AM

I saw Greg Leaming's  version last year in Delaware, Resident Ensemble Players, which he titled The Patsy. It was hilarious. Adaptations can vary Feydeau used lots of slang and puns difficult to translate. 

The Children's Hour
 Apr 5 2016, 10:58:22 AM

I saw a great production of The Children's Hour at the EgoPo Theatre in Philly last year. The final act, a slow burning melodrama, had the audience mesmerized.

The Arena Stage in Washington DC next season will be doing both The Little Foxes and Watch on the Rhine.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You