News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gatorgirl2

Member Name: gatorgirl2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line - Sat/Sunday tkts?
 Apr 16 2017, 11:47:45 PM

Hey all, anyone know if any of the nearby hotels are willing/able to store luggage? I get into the city on Friday to see the show that night and I'm staying on the island with family but don't want to have to bring my backpack into the theater with me. I know all the luggage check places nearby close too early for me to use them. Thanks! 

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Mar 30 2017, 10:11:39 AM

Hey all, I'm going to be in NYC April 21st and wanted to do cancellation line that day. 

I thought I had someone to wait for me but they haven't responded to any of my messages so I thought I would try again.

Anyone willing to wait in line for me on Friday April 21st in exchange for a ticket? I won't get to the city till one and its my only day to see it. 

Mar 8 2017, 10:53:24 PM

sondmon said: "got there on a whim at 540 yesterday and was 4th in line. Got a lottery second row aisle seat. It was great. I know that there were at least 5 other tickets given out after me.

"

5:40 am? 

Mar 5 2017, 11:39:59 AM

If anyone is planning on doing the cancellation line Friday April 21st or is willing to stand in line for me in exchange for a ticket please pm me! 

Hamilton in Chicago
 Jan 6 2017, 11:58:33 PM

Yes there is a cancellation line.. I stopped by for the Wednesday matinee just a few minutes before 11:30am and there were about 6 people in line.  But I suspect that the tickets pop up on TM as well 2 hours before the show.  I was checking TM while I was in line and seats opened up, so I bought one on my phone rather than waiting in the cancellation line (I was about #5 at that point). 

"

Thanks! I could have sworn there was

Hamilton in Chicago
 Jan 6 2017, 01:18:34 AM

Is there still a cancellation line for the Chicago version? Just found out I could crash with my friend's family for free but now there aren't a lot of affordable tickets left. 

Hamilton in Chicago
 Oct 21 2016, 04:56:42 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "I think front mezz is the best place to see Hamilton in any theatre."

Thanks! I think I'll try front mezz then. I couldn't see the floor the last time and while I don't think I missed out on much it will be cool to see from a different point of view. 

How long does everything think the Chicago cast will stick around for? Still trying to debate going late March/early April vs next Sept.

Never been to Chicago so if anyone

Hamilton in Chicago
 Oct 21 2016, 01:27:16 AM

Hey all, thanks for your reviews of the show! I am thinking about making the trip up there to see the show and have some questions.

There are tickets right now available till Sept of 2017 but how many of the cast in Chicago right now will still be left by that time? I would really love to see Karen Olivo but someone posted she only has a 6 month contract? 

Also, as far as seats go, if you had the option of far left orchestra 5 rows back or so (last few seats in the aisle) o

Jul 7 2016, 07:40:32 PM

South Florida said: "I am not one of the street urchins. I won the online lottery. Found out at 4. Was in the car at 4:26 and was in the city at 6;14PM. Quick bite. Box Office 7:30 back home 1 AM.

Understood, that question was for anyone who has done it.  I can't imagine being on the street for a whole day and then enjoying the show as much as I would like.

"

I feel like this question is answered eve

Jun 29 2016, 04:08:00 PM

MinnieFay said: "You probably should have over emphasized the steps you took to freshen up. People on here seem to refuse to grasp the concept that you can use these new inventions like deodorant and even baby wipes and not smell when you get into the theater.  

Deodorant + baby wipes = a whore's bath.  Plus I don't care how great your deodorant is --- it ain't lasting for 3+ days on the sidewalks of NYC! in 85 degree heat!!

Jun 29 2016, 03:39:05 PM

genabasha great post! I was actually at that ham4ham so I probably saw you in line! Lol

I'm glad you had such a great experience even with the wait being so long. I feel ya on the line sitter thing too. They don't even seem to make sense money wise now with the wait being what it is. 

You probably should have over emphasized the steps you took to freshen up. People on here seem to refuse to grasp the concept that you can use thes

Jun 18 2016, 10:14:27 PM

marenarasauce said: "So I've read that people who can't wait in line sometimes find people waiting in line for one ticket and pay them to get the second ticket ...this would be great for me because I'm going to NYC next week but don't have time to do the line (though I totally would love to!) People who have done the line - is this a thing that people do? Would I be able to find someone willing to snag that extra ticket for me or should I give up on my

Jun 15 2016, 08:03:20 PM

If anyone is going to wait next week for the show on june 21st or 22nd and wants there ticket paid for pm me. Willing to buddy up too if that works out better. 

Jun 13 2016, 02:51:15 PM

ClumsyDude15 said: "Just walked by and asked the girls at the front of the line how long they'd been there. One girl said she's been there since Friday morning. 

"

Did you happen to ask if they were trying specifically for the post tony show? I think someone had posted about them before and it seems like maybe they just got in line for that specific night?

Jun 10 2016, 09:52:52 PM

blaxx said: "What is the deal with sleeping bags?  I found a one-person tent and it look awesome, and not like a real tent, would this be allowed? 

"

Tents are not allowed but sleeping bags at night are. 

alicity - how is it going? 

So I am officially going back to NYC the week after fathers day (June 20th) and looking for a line buddy again. Message me if interested in partnering up! 

Jun 5 2016, 09:25:21 PM

Teresa2you said: "Sorry guys, Rookie here.  I'm a tad bit confused.  If you do an all nighter in the cancelation line when do the tickets go on sale?  Right before the performance? Aaanndd, we'd be sleepy and sticky? .smile.

"

Box office opens at 10 am. Tickets can be offered at any time until the show starts. Premium are normally offered first and they are 477 each. Some on here have seen house tickets (177) offered e

Jun 5 2016, 09:18:28 PM

blaxx said: "That was my only hope No way I would stay awake for the show with no sleep. Or do people actually sleep there?  Sounds scary and risky. 

"

People sleep there all the time. As long as you don't fall asleep with your phone out in the open you are fine. There will be plenty of people camping out with you.  I'm sure if you buddy up with someone and get a room nearby you could take turns getting a couple of hours sleep but like I said if you were there during the day and swapped out with someone for the night the people behind you have a right to complain since that is against the rules. Maybe if your buddy and you show up at the same time and then take separate breaks at night you would be fine. 

Jun 5 2016, 08:52:02 PM

blaxx said: "Thanks gatorgirl2, you're a doll. I'll give it a try a couple times in the next few days; just join the line at some point on Saturday and Wednesday and see what happens. 

Can someone do the night and switch during the day? I'd be willing to wait during the day on June 15th if someone can wait overnight, if it is at possible. 

"

That is technically swapping which isn't allowed. However i

Jun 5 2016, 08:31:58 PM

blaxx there is no way of knowing tbh. Some people have showed up at 3 pm and gotten in that day if there are a lot of tickets. But yeah if people in front of you pass on tickets then you can scoop them up. Also premium tickets come out earliest if you are willing to pay 477 for a ticket and not have to wait in line so long, though those are being picked up by line sitters a lot recently. 

If you don't want to stay overnight maybe get there as early as possible in the morning?

Jun 5 2016, 01:03:42 AM

peachesthecat Congrats on seeing the show!!!!! It is such an emotional experience lol 

Also adoxographer yes definitely bring a blanket-wear a long sleeve shirt at night and you can use the blanket to lay on or whatever. I used mine to support my lower back when I sat on my stool and leaned back against the wall. 

nrubanobroadway good luck! I would definitely recommend NOT getting in cancellation line if you are going to show up so close to show time and just walking around the crowd going into the theater asking if anyone is selling tickets. When I was there last Friday there were no scalpers but a middle age man did say he was selling one ticket. He seemed kind of sketch so I don't know if anyone bought his ticket. I would def recommend making sure the ticket scans before you hand the money over. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You