News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BeachGirl2

Member Name: BeachGirl2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton LA
 Oct 19 2017, 05:34:15 PM

I conquer that obsessive Ticketmaster stalking is the way to go.  Just be prepared to purchase as soon as you see tickets pop up.  The first time, I hesitated too long and they were gone.  Then the next time I was prepared and made the purchase right away and scored "discount" premium tickets at almost half the regular price.  Good luck!  And I agree the LA cast is pretty fabulous.  

Hamilton LA
 Sep 6 2017, 02:08:59 AM

I've been seeing the same trend and tonight jumped on $349 premium orchestra seats that were previously $650 in the same location for a different show.  The discounted seats seem to appear all at once for 4 shows (thurs-Saturday matinee in tonight's case) and are direct standard tickets on Ticketmaster.  My guess is they are house seats they held back and weren't needed, but whatever the reason I'm thrilled! 

My hus

Hamilton LA
 Apr 19 2017, 04:47:31 PM

PepperedShepherd said: "AmEx pre-sale this morning. What a joke!

The "Select Your Seat" map feature was disabled so you had to trust Ticketmaster to come up with "Best Available".  

I searched for multiple dates from the end of October thru mid-November.  The best seats I was offered were in Row Q (!) for $650.  Excluding the $650 price range, the best I could do was Row NN for $195.  200 bucks to sit 25 rows away in the b

2017-2018 Touring Season
 Feb 14 2017, 07:09:49 PM

Yeah, the Costa Mesa dates are also weird because I thought Hamilton would come here after San Diego or even Seattle (to stay on the West Coast).  So that makes sense if it's another touring company altogether, especially Chicago.  Although, I'm a little bummed if we don't get Joshua Henry.  And I figured Rory O'Malley would do Costa Mesa since he's LA based.  Curious to see how this plays out...

In other Segerstrom season news, I'm

2017-2018 Touring Season
 Feb 13 2017, 02:43:55 PM

For those Southern Californians, Segerstrom Center is announcing their 2017/2018 season this week and is teasing the shows today on Facebook with word scrambles of the show names.  The first two are Motown and Kinky Boots, both of which were here in the last couple of years.  I know Hamilton is coming (yay!), but hoping for other new shows (Waitress, Something Rotten, Aladdin, etc) instead of repeats. They usually have a good mix, so we'll see what else we get...

Spring trip to NYC
 Apr 10 2016, 11:12:57 PM

Thanks so much, _IrisTinkerbell and PThespian.  Really appreciate the insight!  I hadn't considered Daddy Long Legs, so thanks for that tip.  I think we're in the market for something a little more up beat, but man the clips sure sound beautiful!  It's definitely the kind of show I'd love to see at some point. 

Yeah, I think SoR did announce their intentions to tour, so I'm sure it will head our way eventually.  So wh

Spring trip to NYC
 Apr 10 2016, 05:24:16 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster here. Curious what you decide, justherehanging, as I'm facing a similar dilemma the end of May.  My mom and I (mid 60's and mid 30's, respectively) are coming to town for a quick trip to see Hamilton (got tickets back in October).  Our only other free night is a Monday, which limits our options.  We're trying to decide between School of Rock and Something Rotten.  

We're avid theate

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You