News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mediamaven2

Member Name: Mediamaven2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Interesting Mid-Show Mishaps  Dec 7 2019, 04:45:30 PM

LizzieCurry said: "The one time I saw Be More Chill, the parents' bed in the bedroom scene didn't come out. Everyone kinda managed to do the first minute or so, but cracked up and then there was a hold while we heard some clanging in the wings. They started the scene from the beginning. It was the most interesting part of the night."

We must have been at the same show - or else this happened more than once!!! I saw it in early July.

2019 thanksgiving parade broadway performances  Nov 28 2019, 11:09:32 AM

Cant believe nbc  plays  Kpop and Debby Gibson in full then goes to commercial break during Billy Porter. Par for the course w something like this I guess.

Late Seating on Broadway  Nov 9 2019, 09:39:28 AM

I’ve never arrived late to a broadway show either though I have been nowhere near attending 240! I can see how it would be incredibly disrupting if it is your row or right in front of you. I’ve certainly noticed the disruption - though from far back or side orchestra when it occurs in center orchestra close to the stage. Hard for anyone in the theater to miss those. I find though as you do the ushers wait for the lull, for after the main opening number is done, when peop

How does TKTS work?  Oct 9 2019, 04:10:40 PM

Yes I have no real knowledge, just what I suppose, and with that caveat I have to agree with all Uncle Charlie says above. I cannot imagine that TKTS seats are "reserved" for TKTS exclusively and not otherwise available for someone to pay full price for either online or literally on line at the box office. 

Eva Noblezada in HADESTOWN  Aug 31 2019, 09:57:28 AM

Pose2 said: "How demanding is Eva's role? She had amazing attendance in Miss Saigon, it's so unfortunate she's having health problems."

That may be true but at the same time there was an alternate who performed on all Wed/Sat matinees. 

Beanie Feldstein to play Monica Lewinsky in the next FX 'American Crime' series  Aug 10 2019, 10:58:41 PM

Oh yeah, that’s right- perjury! He was a father and a married man and President! and human! and he lied about an extramarital affair which was an immaterial question in a weak and politically motivated civil lawsuit. No prosecutor would ever have prosecuted a criminal case of perjury against him if he had been an ordinary citizen. None did. (Perjury isn’t just misstating something deliberately - the lie must be material in order to be perjury. Clinton’s lie was&nbs

Beanie Feldstein to play Monica Lewinsky in the next FX 'American Crime' series  Aug 10 2019, 09:26:30 PM

I see...OJ murders....Versace murder spree...and Monica Lewinsky....Remind me of the “crime” here? Her 15 minutes of fame is so so over. What is sad is not that her life was “destroyed” by it, but that despite all of her privilege (ie wealthy loving connected family) she has never never never been able to move past it. In today’s political times I think it's a travesty to participate in this project and I will not be watching either.

The Cher Show to close August 18th  Aug 7 2019, 07:27:42 PM

PatrickDC said: "I'm excited to return to THE CHER SHOW for the closing performance on August 18. (Seeing Beetlejuice and Moulin Rogue on a binge theater weekend.)

Any buzz on if Cher will be attending the closing? Per her concert schedule, her Las Vegas residency begins August 21. I wonder if the closing date was selected so she could attend. Unlike Kinky Boots' closing that didn't open the orchestra to the public, wegot center orchestra for Cher. So I'm h

I respectfully disagree  Aug 7 2019, 01:31:31 PM

haterobics said: "Mediamaven2 said: "Thank you for these examples and yes, include Eva Noblezada. I remember and she too did not perform the double day matinees. Her alternate/understudy performed on Wed and Saturday matinees in Miss Saigon."

Isn't this the opposite issue, though? The thread is about a lack of respect for matinee audiences, whereas ensuring singers in taxing roles can sing their best, on published schedules, seems to be respecting th

Why are matinees less respected?  Aug 6 2019, 04:30:10 PM

YWick3 said: "I recall for OBC of Hamilton, Lin-Manuel Miranda didn't perform on Sunday matinees (his alternate Javier Munoz did.)

For School of Rock, Alex Brightman performed every performance for several months but later in his run, I recall his alternate Will Blum would perform at one of the matinees.

For Dear Evan Hansen, a few monthsafter the Tony Awards they made it official thatBen Platt won't perform at Wed/Sat matinees (his alternate Michael Lee

CHER SHOW TDF!  Jul 25 2019, 05:39:49 PM

C8 - wow that is great. I've seen it a few times via TDF and the first two times pre Tonys seats  were back of orchestra, middle of the left side (S 9 or 11 or something?), then I was around row L14 (way on the right but closer). Most recently-- a couple of weeks ago -- I was center mezzanine row B. That was a great seat but I enjoyed it alot and was very pleased with all the seats!

West Side Story revival?  Jul 11 2019, 03:29:26 PM

LuPita2 said: "The men in this thread attempting to silence the females is very telling, and I'm so happy they continue to do it, exposing themselves...."

OMG.

I am a female, not a man.

West Side Story revival?  Jul 11 2019, 02:48:46 PM

Hear, hear!    (in response to JSquared2: "Oh would you give it a rest already, dear.  You've said the exact same thing in dozens of posts.  Your outrage is duly noted.  Guess we won't be seeing you at Opening Night!"

I cannot wait to see this. Sounds very -  let's say - eclectic. Not familiar with the choreographer.

Can anyone shed any light on this: I thought I had heard a long time ago that Jerome Robbins's will /trust what have you had prevented anyone from fiddling with the choreography to WSS...which is why it had been a very long time since it was touched. Anyone know anything about that or am I recalling something that wasn't true

Stephanie J. Block OUT of Cher Show  Jul 2 2019, 03:50:15 PM

The headline on this thread is scary. ;o)

Please I pray they are all around this weekend when I am going again with someone who is making special trip in to see...my instinct tells me  that post Tonys summer holiday weekend would be a bad idea for the main cast to be in full attendance, but I pray it is otherwise....

saw Be More Chill last night and even though that show is closing in a month both leads (Jeremy and Michael)  were out. Loved the understudies..

HADESTOWN - which songs?  Jun 25 2019, 09:29:18 PM

CATSNYrevival said: "I’m more irritated than anticipated."

Lot666 said: "I really hate the way they're releasing this."

Me too. 

Only diehards like me and presumably you are waiting around for these....everyone else who was momentarily interested has moved on. Seems this was not a business decision but a stupid decision. I don't get it, but they don't care that much about maximizing the Tony in

Hoping for some upsets tonight for a fun Tony TV show.  Jun 9 2019, 01:45:56 PM

Robbie2 said: "Ali taking it from Amber

I don’t think this would be an upset.

i think Ali is favorite as per Theater Talk tony prediction show although as Jesse Green said Amber Grey is terrific and the “emotional heart” of Hadestown...I’m happy with either winning.

I hope for upset in Best Play.

Also hope Boys in the Band pulls it out for best play revival in “too close to call” race as per Paulson/NYT

Cher and The Temptations at Tonys?  Jun 8 2019, 10:56:42 AM

Hope not. Don’t get me wrong, love Cher, loved the show, but the broadway talent doesn’t need her upstaging them. That stunt was done on Fallon’s show and was fine and good then, for that. Would welcome her in a guest appearance on the Tonys, introducing something from the show or an award. But not in performance. We will see.

Theatre Talk Tony Predictions Special  Jun 4 2019, 12:11:45 PM

and a 4th forgot - elaine may they said

Theatre Talk Tony Predictions Special  Jun 4 2019, 12:03:35 PM

Thought it was interesting that - if I understood them right and recall correctly - they seemed certain the Tony would go to Stephanie Block, Ali Stoker, and Andre De Shields. The others were more of a race - for example they all seemed to prefer Bryan Cranston's  performance  but thought it very possible that say Jeff Daniels wins...other races were to them more up in the air but am I getting the consensus right on those first 3 a

Theatre Talk Tony Predictions Special  Jun 4 2019, 11:58:38 AM

Was glad to see this posting yesterday as it reminded me of the show airing on pbs. I watched it and agree with most comments above. Agree re Riedel- he  was a very good TV host. Yes: kept the conversation on track, kept it moving, and with humor, charm  and knowledge. He had an absolute talent for being a talking head/host, in a way that Susan Haskins and Jesse Green absolutely do not. (with all due respect to the their knowledge and charm and &

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You