News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Em6

Member Name: Em6
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 7 2016, 10:00:24 AM

funhamilton_rent said: "...  if you could swing by Row H of the side orchestra and see if the people sitting there are all in wheelchairs or with those who are in them... 

"We sat in this row at the chairs that look like dining room chairs. We sat next to a gentleman in a wheelchair and a lady she was with.  I guess they opened it to the general viewers because there wasn't a lot of request for handicap access seating.

Jun 7 2016, 09:53:23 AM

This is why we have to line up for hours waiting for cancellation tickets or pay so much for resale tickets!  Ugh!!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/07/opinion/stop-the-bots-from-killing-broadway.html

Jun 3 2016, 11:28:54 AM

I know that everybody's taste in broadway show are different, but I still have to meet someone who have seen the show and come out thinking it was a waste of money or time.  I'm not saying there are none, I just haven't heard about it yet.

I'm not into rap music. The first time I heard about Hamilton or saw clips of it in Youtube, I was very hesitant.  But my friend wanted to see it and said she would do the hard work of waiting in line. &nb

Jun 1 2016, 11:47:09 AM

bfreak said: "I noticed the chairs when I saw the show. What is that about? What ticket type/ row do they consider that and how are they usually sold? I was curious about it.

"

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

We've sat on those chairs that look like dining chairs. W

May 31 2016, 11:15:39 PM

CephaSays said: The person you saw in a chair Saturday night and Sunday was someone with a disability.  She had a cane and was not able to sit on the ground.  Legally, they can't make her sit on the ground, but they did enforce the rule of no chairs.  

Good to know that they've made exceptions.  I've always wondered about that.

"

May 31 2016, 03:51:05 PM

Does anyone know if chairs are, once again, allowed in the cancellation line?  We noticed after the show on Saturday night, a (folding/camping) chair in the line.  At noon time the next day, just before we left the city, someone was sitting on the chair in the line (right side of the theater).

It would be GREAT if they've lifted the ban on chairs.  They're more comfy to sleep in during the night, and it makes the place look more orderly. I don't

May 28 2016, 06:00:18 PM

"We did it again!!! We got in the matinee, and I can't believe that it was the original cast. I was so surprised!

I can't believe it could get any better, but it did! They've done some changes with the choreography, and even the transitions seem to have a smoother flow.

My friend got in line around 3:30ish yesterday afternoon. The people in line this time were all very nice and friendly.  It felt like a block party! T

May 28 2016, 12:01:48 PM

casedilla2 said: "@Em6 how far back in line are you? Good luck!

"Thankyyy!! 9th in line now that premium 2 tix for matinee was released.  Keeping fingers crossed!! xxx

May 28 2016, 10:53:10 AM

17 hours later, breakfast is here.  Thank you SOLD for our Cronuts delivery!!  11 MORE hours to go.  Send us good vibes.

I can't believe we're doing this again--3rd time!!  I wish I could say it's the last time. I said that the last time. It became a past time! 

https://twitter.com/emrkeo/status/736573110183440384

May 26 2016, 09:38:30 PM

schubox said: "I thought SOLD was only doing one person a day due to the new rules. And if you get one sitter for two premiums and then no premiums are released you get kind of screwed 

"I thought so too. I'm confused.  I'm not sure what the fuss is about.  I don't think that's breaking the current RR policy."

May 26 2016, 01:32:21 PM

steins said: "The line no longer split as it stands for yesterday. It is a single line. First person who didn't get in yesterday's show got to be #1 for tonight unless they bailed 

"Thanks Stein. :)

Good luck tonight!  Have you been in line since Monday?!  Sending positive vibes your way!!"

May 26 2016, 12:21:22 PM

What time do they split the lines?  I remember someone posted that there is one long line for the evening as well as the following day, and then at some point the theater folks split the line and ask you to choose.  Just want to ask if anyone knows/remembers what time this happened in the past.

TIA =)

May 25 2016, 10:55:55 PM

That's an interesting idea, but what happens if someone showed up during that time and "starts" the line, thinking there's no one in it yet? Seems a bit unfair to them for everyone to come back and say "just kidding, we're all in front of you"

"I was thinking the same thing!!  Although I agree, everyone deserves a break...a long one, after standing in line for hours/days.  I hope they all ge

May 25 2016, 11:10:58 AM

jjohnson5 said:
Does the RRT sell merchandise to non ticketholders? n to see a matinee on Sat (American Psycho) and would love to go buy some Hamilton merch.  
Do they have a booth set up before the ticket scanners? I would go before a show started letting in.

"I think the merchandise are set up inside pass the ticket scanners.  You can try coming in after the show, when most of the people have exited the theater.  We did this once but we waited too long, and 

May 24 2016, 10:25:49 PM

ammurp said: When we waited there were a few chairs overnight but first thing in the morning when the first gentleman who worked at the theatre arrived he warned that if anyone else who worked there had seen them with chairs they would have been kicked out. 

"Thanks for the tip.  Do you happen to remember what time the theater folks came in?

Thanks again!  :)"

May 24 2016, 08:21:02 PM

Hello, hello, hello!  :)

For people who have recently spent the night waiting in line, I'd just like to ask if you were able to bring chairs for the overnight wait.  I think someone mentioned that chairs are still OK during the hours when the box office is closed.  Just wondering if this is still true.  Also, which side of the theater do people wait over night? 

TIA!!

May 20 2016, 04:48:35 PM

"MyFavoriteBrunette said: "It is VERY DANGEROUS outside the Richard Rodgers Theater.  Not safe for either men or women.

"Well, even more dangerous than any place in NYC, is THIS online board/thread!  LoL! :P

Have you noticed how unfriendly, rude and confrontational some posters here are?  Sometimes I feel like dodging from stray bullets coming out of my screen. =D

Can you imagine if we were all in t

May 20 2016, 12:01:50 AM

schubox said: "casedilla2 said: "The thing is that with the new rules, it's far cheaper to find two people who intended to wait on the cancellation anyways for tickets for themselves and just offer to pay for their tickets. That way you're still paying for four tickets, but not having to pay an additional fee to the line sitters as well.

"

Yeah that's not bad at all. I'm not sure how you'd arrange that tho

May 18 2016, 02:40:47 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Mark_E said: "I'm pretty sure row J is the row infront of that one you have pointed out. There is no row I

Correct!  It's row H and no letter I 

What a GREAT picture.  We sat on Row H seat # 9 -- those seats that look like dining chairs on the right side of the picture.  THOSE are the BEST seats, I think.  We were a little sad at first because it was not in the middle of the theater, but WHOA!  it was like sitting on booster seats!  No heads to block you and you can see the entire stage without any problem.  PLUS, you can get up anytime without bothering the people next to you.  Great way to quickly get out of the theater at the end of the show to catch a good spot at the stage door!  =)

May 18 2016, 12:39:50 PM

happydude said: "I will fess up  I AM  a linesitter. I make money on the side this way. It's not a get rich quick way of earning, but it does alleviate some bills, as I'm a caregiver. At present, I have customers who are distraught over this new edict. 4 women, the average age is 65, plus one mother who is 87!!!! They are not rich, but would love to see the show. They hired me and a friend, but now they must cancel. Not everyone who wants a linesitter is o

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You