News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ring-a-ding

Member Name: Ring-a-ding
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys
 Jun 4 2016, 11:50:12 AM

E. riley said: "I don't know how you know this but I very much hope it's true.They deserve it."

We know it, because logic dictates that Spring Awakening cannot wait until the day before the Tonys to decide whether to perform. That decision must already be set. Actors have to make plans, rehearsals must happen, etc. I wouldn't necessarily say that they're already in NY, but they must be soon. Surely it must be evident to everyone tha

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 May 25 2016, 11:16:29 PM

I personally feel that every day should be a reboot. The people from the previous day can stay on the line, but should go to the back of the line. I don't think that's unfair, because they took a chance for a specific day and it didn't work out. It should be a one shot deal. It's not fair people to have to plan to be on the line in the mix for Wednesday's tickets when they really want Thursday tickets. But, in order for them to get Thursdays tickets they have to start

Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding
 May 20 2016, 09:09:25 PM

I really doubt it will hurt her career in any way. She's a great performer, and, as Twitter kerfuffles go, this is seriously minor. 

Laura Benanti chides people for not applauding
 May 20 2016, 09:07:23 PM

BobPopa said: 

"The public can sure dish out criticism to any performer they want, but god forbid the performer criticize a crappy audience."

I have no issue with performers criticizing audience members for using cell phones, talking, rattling food and beverage paraphernalia, or otherwise being disruptive, but it's the job of the performers to engage the audience. If that doesn't happen, it isn't the audience's shortcoming. <

Is
 May 15 2016, 07:05:26 PM

I wouldn't have any hesitation about taking a 10 and 13 year old to see it, but if you are very concerned about it, there's really no need to wonder. The cast album is available and encompasses almost every word said on stage. There's no nudity or gore, so listening to the album should make your decision simple. 

When I started going to the theatre...
 May 8 2016, 01:01:25 PM

If you are attending a public venue where the line for the men's bathroom regularly takes longer to clear than the line for the women's bathroom, then, again, that venue is failing to meet the needs of its patrons, but the fact that men may have to wait as long as women to use the bathroom is not a complaint worthy of concern. Bathroom facilities should be designed so that the wait for the restrooms is the same for men and women. The experience PThespian described is not acceptab

When I started going to the theatre...
 May 8 2016, 11:54:28 AM

The problem is not women. The problem is that theater audiences are female by a significant majority and theater facilities are failing to meet the needs of their patrons. I'd wager that more women's lives than men's are regularly impacted by the ability to access a bathroom within a reasonable time. 

People who take vacant seats at intermission
 May 8 2016, 10:11:58 AM

mariel9 said: "Comparing an unsold seat at a show to a physical object doesn't work. If the bracelet is gone, the jeweler can never sell it for full price. But a theater seat can and will be on sale again the next night and the next and the next. But most importantly, a theater seat that's unsold at intermission is not going to be sold. The theater doesn't lose anything when someone moves into an unsold seat."

Agreed. The seat is no longer being offer

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You