News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Prisoner of 7th Ave

Member Name: Prisoner of 7th Ave
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

1987 Tony Awards on You Tube  May 27 2020, 06:48:58 AM

As wonderful as the video is, why on earth is the entrance of Bob and Gwen truncated? Fosse gives a glowing, loving tribute to Verdon.  Is it lost forever?

Broadway Real Estate for the 2019-2020 season  Sep 17 2019, 10:51:22 AM

Golden 
American Buffalo with Laurence Fishbourne 

That's an impressive scoop.  Who will play Walter Cole? 

Nancy Walker musical from 1985  Sep 2 2019, 11:05:23 AM

As I recall, she was going to appear in a revue with a title like "Nancy Walker:Back on the Town." It sounded like it had possibilities.  She surely had the Broadway cred of a Stritch, Cook, or either of the Beas.  But it did not materialize.  I'm still waiting for Zooey Deschanel as Loretta Lynn.  These things happen.  

Anyone here see Ink in London?  Mar 5 2019, 11:49:10 AM

In October 2017, I saw The Ferryman, Apologia, and Ink in London.  I thought Ink was easily the weakest of the three.  I expect its reception here to be along the lines of what greeted Enron: an underwhelming topical stiff.  

Suzanne Somers sings  Nov 1 2018, 08:16:25 PM

Even with the horrible quality of the video of Loudon's Tony night performance, it  shines like the lighthouse at Pharos  compared with Suzanne Somers's amateur night foray.  

TKTS Booths Question  Aug 17 2018, 10:23:24 PM

From Penn Station, 2 stops uptown  (50th St.on the 1 train) and you're three blocks north of the Times Square TKTS booth.  Four stops uptown (1train again) and you're 2 blocks and change from the LC TKTS booth. If you are seeing anything other than My Fair Lady, TS would be the way to go.  

GREEN ACRES Musical aims for Broadway...  Jul 13 2018, 12:35:18 AM

Will it make it to the Paper Mill Playhouse? Should Sondheim abandon Bunuel for this baby? The announcement is as empty as the project.  

Glenda Jackson to Return to Broadway in KING LEAR, Spring 2019  Jun 28 2018, 10:10:32 AM

Kad said: "Looks like Best Actress in a Play is settled for next year, huh?"

Well, with Elaine May in the mix, it may be a duel of octogenarians.  Plus, Laura Linney, who is overdue for a Tony,  might come in with Lucy Barton.  In any case, the race has brighter prospects than last season's race.  

On A Clear Day You Can See Forever at Irish Rep  Jun 22 2018, 10:04:30 AM

That is special.  Also kind of tragic.  For whatever reason, Barbara Harris walked away, unlike Julie and Rosemary, who kept coming back to the stage until it wasn't feasible.  BH might've made a dynamite Mme. Armfeldt.  But then, with that talent, the possibilities are endless.  

re: Grover's Corners  Apr 20 2018, 11:54:22 AM

If memory serves, wasn't there a Bernstein, Comden and Green attempt at a musical of Skin of Our Teeth? It's impossible enough as a play, but a musical seems totally foolhardy.  

Renee Taylor takes the Cortt??  Mar 3 2018, 07:26:32 AM

From Cindy Adams this week: So — heading here is Renée Taylor with her late husband Joe Bologna’s comedy ” “My Life on a Diet.”

In ’86, it was moving — or at least inching — to the big screen. In ’87, the title became “My Life on a Diet: Confessions of a Hollywood Diet Junkie.”

Now, she says, “I’m coming to Broadway. A one-woman show. We’re looking for a theater. You have to see first what

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Sep 11 2017, 01:36:41 PM

Ken Watanabe?

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Sep 9 2017, 01:58:49 PM

I hope the delay means LCT is in hot and heavy negotiations with someone in Colin Firth's league.  If they cast someone in, say, Robert Sean Leonard's league, it'll be as close to a kiss of death as you can get.  

Latin History for Morons to Play Studio 54  Aug 23 2017, 11:32:16 AM

Rear Window with Kevin Bacon?

Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 22 2017, 01:31:59 PM

At The Front Page,the people beside me were something.  The husband was a dyed-in-the-wool man-spreader.  Get off me, dude! Then his wife fell dead asleep during the third act.  Hey, if you’re going to man-spread, do it on her side, she’s out like a light, wouldn’t feel a thing.  

I think Evan Hansen must sell the last couple of rows to school kids.  During the second act, someone was continually crumpling paper until he passed out or fel

Riedel on new plays already in danger  Feb 10 2017, 11:55:12 AM

I think everything is safe to run through the weekend after Tony Award nominations.  Then, all bets are off.  American Psycho folded quickly after it came up empty.  

This spring will be a lesson in the down side of Tony backloading.  But Indecent, Oslo, Significant Other and Sweat are definitely admirable gambles. Is there only room for one Humans a season?

The Master Builder?  Feb 7 2017, 10:36:23 AM

It was just talk.  I don't think the London reviews were so rapturous that a B'way transfer could be warranted (as happened with the  McTeer Doll House). Also, besides Fiennes, the cast was lackluster.  As good as Linda Emond is, she is not a big name or an electric stage presence.  

The transfer of the Fiennes/ V Redgrave Richard III, a preferable possibility.  

Who is due for a Kennedy Center Honor?  Jan 17 2017, 09:36:20 AM

Christopher Plummer

Diahann Carroll

James Lapine

Riedel on the must see shows of 2017  Jan 6 2017, 09:18:30 AM

newintown said: "That was a real snooze. Isn't it time to put Riedel out to pasture and encourage him to find a job where he provides something that someone actually wants?

It's tough for him these days when it's a slow death week.  

"

Best NY Stage Performances in 2016?  Dec 20 2016, 10:52:37 AM

Lois Smith, Marjorie Prime

Christian Carmago, Pericles, Prince of Tyre

Michelle Williams, Blackbird

Timothy Olyphant, Hang on to me, Darling

Phylicia Rashad, Head of Passes

Lynda Gravatte, Skeleton Crew

Robert Fairchild, An American in Paris

Richard Armitage, Love, Love, Love

Raymond Lee, Vietgone

Nick Kroll, Oh Hello

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You