News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for usurper

usurper Profile Photo
Member Name: usurper
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical
 Jun 23 2016, 11:11:59 AM

I'd love to see something centered around Christopher Marlowe. There's so much to work with...rise from humble birth, brilliance, career as a spy (double-agent?), success as a playwright, arrest for counterfeiting & near death brush there, conflicts with authorities, mysterious violent death/faked death at age 29....

But since Something Rotten is set in that period, I don't think there'd even be an opening for something like that for a very long time

For Real Questions From My NY Trip Last Week
 May 31 2016, 12:42:33 PM

1. I've seen Hamilton three times, but all with Lin, so I can't compare Javier's Hamilton to Lin's. But I thought Lin gave an incredible performance every time. The breadth of his character, how he showed the different facets of Hamilton's personality, emotional range and subtlety in different scenes-- incredible. Yes, he is a less gifted singer than Leslie, but looking at these two performances specifically I personally would go with Lin over Leslie.

How Often Do You Attend the Theatre in a month
 May 31 2016, 12:08:49 PM

It averages to about once a month, but generally they're clustered together: 2-3 shows one week and then nothing for several months.

I live in New York and would like to see more, but my main interest is music so I have to allocate Broadway for the rare week/end when I don't have concerts.

Crucible Rush?
 May 28 2016, 11:06:17 AM

I have one rush ticket for the Crucible tonight (8pm performance) for sale for face value, $35. It's orchestra Row S.  

(I ended up getting matinee rush tix for AP & don't want to see 2 shows today.)  Am in the city now, so please reply or msg if you're interested in it.

The Official TDF Thread
 May 9 2016, 04:35:04 PM

I thought because TDF operates the TKTS discount booths, issues with TKTS would fall under the umbrella of this thread, also. Sorry!

The Official TDF Thread
 May 9 2016, 04:24:59 PM

I bought a ticket to see The Crucible from the Times Sq TKTS booth a couple weeks back. Asked at the window where the seat would be, lady told me 7th row, I told her I'd take it, signed for it, went to the theatre.

Lo and behold, the ticket was for 10th row. I clearly, clearly heard her say 7th row. (Unusually, she quoted the number, rather than the letter of the row to me). The only thing I can think, since I saw Gentleman's Guide at the same theatre, is that maybe she assumed in good

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You