News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lizzie222

Member Name: lizzie222
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 30 2016, 02:29:47 PM

LizzieCurry said: "That's not nice. So you shouldn't be saying it.

You folks love to dish it out, but you sure can't take it.  Keep racking up your years here, Lizzie.  I'll be moving on.

Peace out.

Jun 30 2016, 02:17:24 PM

mailhandler777 said: "lizzie222 said: "What makes you think you have the right to judge?"

But it was ok for her to be judging the young couple that hired the line sitters??? Trying to figure out how much they spent on them and the tickets and then her talking crap about them. 

It's no different than the people on this forum judging her for judging them.  So if you are one of those people who called her out, then yo

Jun 30 2016, 02:08:50 PM

Kad said: "I'm stunned that you think that someone should be shielded from adverse responses because they've shared an experience on a public forum.

I'm stunned that you apparently think it's necessary to say whatever pops into your head, no matter whether it's valuable, correct, worthy, rude, or useless.  Most people could do a whole lot more listening and whole lot less talking.

&n

Jun 30 2016, 02:06:26 PM

LizzieCurry said: "lizzie222 said: "Really, what's it to you??  Haven't you ever heard "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"?  "

And how much constructive criticism and honesty disappears under this mostly useless credo?

Also, it's a cast recording, not a soundtrack.

I believe "constructive" is the key word there.  

Jun 30 2016, 02:01:29 PM

LizzieCurry said: "lizzie222 said: "What is it with all the self-righteous judgment against people doing the line?? "

From one Lizzie to another: I really don't think that's what's been overwhelmingly happening here. And I'm sure plenty of us have not been replying because we just don't really care who does the line and who doesn't, but are curious to see if the RRT implements other changes given recent incidents.

Jun 30 2016, 01:56:43 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "I think the majority of the negative responses have, in fact, been in reply to the self-righteous line folks, who seem to feel like they are owed something because they chose to sleep on the street.  i.e.,  the person who made a blog post saying Hamilton deserved her because another patron didn't know Lin-Manuel Miranda's name.

I think I get exactly what that person with the blog post was saying and where she'

Jun 30 2016, 10:40:53 AM

What is it with all the self-righteous judgment against people doing the line?? If you've seen the show, bully for you.  Why all the vitriol against those who would also like to see it, but for whatever reason were late to the party and didn't purchase tickets 9 months in advance?  I think the line experience is for younger bodies, I wasn't willing to wait 3 nights earlier this month when I was in NYC and had the chance, but I don't begrudge anybody who wants to

Jun 10 2016, 12:16:09 PM

My partner and I are willing to purchase standard tickets plus some swag for anyone willing to let us be their plus ones for any shows from today (Fri) thru the Sunday matinee. Message me if you're interested. We'd be happy to partner with 2 singles as well, or even if just one of us can go, we'll take that!

Jun 6 2016, 11:12:44 AM

Been lurking here for the last 2 months, and have enjoyed reading all the tips and sharing the experiences of the people here! Hubby and I are planning to try for Sat shows this weekend, we will be joining the line on Friday evening sometime.  I know there's no way to predict how it will go down on Sat and if we'll get a shot or not, but my fingers are crossed!  It's our 25th anniversary trip to NYC, my first time, and I am very excited!  If any of you are plan

Jun 1 2016, 03:03:47 PM

The fees on StubHub are regularly over $200, so I imagine that price of $473 is just for 1 ticket.  When I just checked StubHub for tonight's performance, the cheapest tickets are $695; when you go to purchase, for the pair the price is $1645.20.

Hamilton StubHub tix - reason to be wary?
 May 26 2016, 12:27:35 PM

Last Saturday (5/21) I noticed on the StubHub app that prices dropped to $150 just a few minutes before the 2:00 matinee.  Did anyone here try to go for those tickets?  I'm just curious if they were legit.

May 17 2016, 05:18:57 PM

BroadwayFan2, are you kidding? If reading through this whole thread is too much work for you, I'm not sure you're really a Hamilfan.  I've been reading this thread daily since planning my trip to NYC for June, and I will continue.  Tickets are hard to come by because the show is phenomenal; I'm willing to invest the time and energy to gather the information that increases my chances of getting tickets.  Good luck with praying.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You