News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for doritxuuu

Member Name: doritxuuu
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Angels Taking the Simon for 18 Weeks!
 Jan 3 2018, 04:58:31 PM

Kad said: "Aside from Lane, Garfield, and Gough, I really don't think it was necessary to transfer over the London cast. Particularly when there are numerous actors in New York who would kill in it."

I saw the show twice in London and that was my first thought when I read the transfer news.

Ticketmaster Verified Fan tyranny
 Dec 21 2017, 05:03:37 PM

Elsie2 said: "I have tickets for Hamilton London next year and it seems very straightforward the way it's working but I'll see how it works on the day. With this verified fan thing I'm unable to sell my tickets through Ticketmaster but it appears that if you have will call (which I do for international) you can pick up the tickets with your card and then you could possibly sell them on the day - I don't know if they are asking for ID at the door like with Hamilton but

London Theater - Transfers
 Dec 18 2017, 05:27:04 PM

I live in London and The Ferryman transfer has been rumored since the Royal Court days - it makes sense though that they've been waiting, it would be tough to beat Harry Potter or Angels in America for major awards. It was an amazing cast but I don't think transferring the children or even the majority of them would be necessary to create a succesfull Broadway production. The direction and the play itself are the stars.

Girl From The North Country has been rumored since the ear

Hamilton in London
 Dec 9 2017, 04:58:42 AM

macnyc said: "Great to hear! How did the audience react? I'm assuming it's made up of mostly British people. How did they like King George? I guess the Brits are used to making fun of themselves and don't mind it, judging from Monty Python, but I'm wondering how it is when Americans make fun."

The first preview audience loved him. There was also a cheer for "Immigrants, we get the job done". 

The Woman in White London Revival
 Nov 29 2017, 05:02:34 AM

I was there last night...they had some Cyber Monday sales so the attendance was up versus what people might have seen during the first week (I think the Charing Cross is historically hard to fill despite the fantastic work Southerland has been doing).

We were talking to Carolyn after the show and she said they've been changing it a lot and will do some further changes before they officially open although sparepart's review captures rather fully what I've seen. It makes

Betsy Wolfe and Sutton Foster Project?
 Oct 24 2017, 06:11:44 PM

I spoke to Shuler Hensley about it 2-3 weeks ago and he said it was mostly pending Sutton Foster's schedule but it was definitely on the table and there was a strong interest to make the transfer happen.

London Theater Help: Next Week
 Oct 15 2017, 03:38:58 PM

I absolutely loved Apologia! Well-written play with tons of jokes and a first class cast including Stockard Channing. Tickets are very easy to get and there have been plenty of discounts.

I was pleasantly surprised with Venus in Fur (saw it yesterday), it's only 90-minutes and we had quite a few laughs.

Labour of Love could be another option - same playwright as Ink and a few doors down the street but should be on the lighter side (though it's also a political play)

One chance to see a show, don't want to blow it.
 Aug 3 2017, 03:54:57 PM

Bandstand. I've seen all of the mentioned productions and Wicked/CFA will likely be around for a while so you could have more chances to see them (Rodney has finished so the OBC argument is not valid anymore sadly). Bandstand is an incredible gem and was absolutely overlooked at the Tony's. You also have good chances to score tickets at a reasonable price.

Come From Away rush
 Jun 8 2017, 09:50:16 AM

Little update from Wednesday 6/7 - I got to the line at 5:55 am, few minutes after the people before me. They were the last ones to get evening rush, the girls behind me who got there at 6 missed out on regular rush for the evening. I think the last matinee person got there shortly after 6. We were both buying one each, got Row G far right. The show is incredible, well worth getting there before 6. I left after buying the ticket so not sure about SRO but the line was massive, going past the c

Waitress Rush Tickets
 May 7 2017, 01:55:00 PM

Does anybody have recent experience with the box seats? Do they sell out in advance or is there a chance to get them a day or two before performance day?

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 May 1 2017, 05:00:08 PM

labdogs42 said: "So, if you have two people, one of you can leave the line for bathroom breaks or a coffee run and come back and then send your buddy?  I definitely want to try the line this summer (I've seen the show once already last August with resale tickets, but I want to go again and try the line!) and I want to make sure I know the protocols!

"

Actually, if somebody could confirm how it's done for individuals as well, it would

Hamilton Chicago Cancellation Line / Tickets
 Apr 9 2017, 05:30:10 AM

Thanks guys! Sounds like prices are fairly similar to New York so I'l probably just try there. They don't do SRO, correct?

Hamilton Chicago Cancellation Line / Tickets
 Apr 6 2017, 07:16:32 PM

Hey! Did you end up getting cancellation tickets? I am hoping to go in June (flying in from Europe) and could use any tips!

Favorite Actress to Portray Elphaba
 Jan 30 2017, 05:55:02 PM

Rachel Tucker. Out of the 3 Elphabas I've seen on stage, she was by far the most extraordinary. Her last London show on Saturday was insane.

Hamilton London Casting
 Jan 28 2017, 05:35:02 AM

neonlightsxo said: "songanddanceman2 said: "Have to say I was really hoping Victoria Hamilton Barritt would get Anjeleca. "

Is she not white?

"

Pretty sure she is. I was initially expecting her to be cast but I met her a few weeks ago after Murder Ballad where Hamilton came up as a topic in the conversation and she sounded like it was not happening. I couldn't be more happier for R

re: 'Angels in America' revival?
 Jan 18 2017, 11:55:37 AM

They did release more tickets today for Amex pre-sales. Most people were going for the double show days but individual performances still have good availability. I assume general sales on Friday will be pretty rather crazy.

Might be good to know that they operate a digital queue and assign places randomly once the sales start.

The Go-Between musical - West End
 Nov 6 2016, 04:22:49 PM

I can only confirm what the previous responses included - I quite enjoyed seeing it as it was very different from most musicals that are showing in London. The single piano and the rather scaled-back vocals make it a bit quiet but very lovely at the same time - I almost had the feeling the music came across/sounded more like a soundtrack than musical theatre numbers. The actors did a great job but overall, it just wasn't a loud, extraordinary production which is probably the general

The Bodyguard to open in Toronto
 Sep 28 2016, 06:05:34 PM

littlemouse921 said: "Could they possibly be prepping Beverly and that cast for a Broadway transfer?

"

That's the rumor in London, at least when it comes to the production and Bev. I've heard it from several sources including from people working in the industry in the past weeks. The cast was allowed to talk about Toronto before Bev flew there on Sunday but when I mentioned the "rumor", the cast member I was talking to 

Kinky Boots Australia
 Sep 20 2016, 03:30:02 PM

Callum is wonderful and looks fabulous in the costumes - I was lucky to see his last London performance and having seen the show several times, his Lola was my favorite (Matt is fantastic too but I was really hoping he'd take over the role before the Australian transfer was announced).

Crucible Stage Door
 May 16 2016, 06:40:59 AM

I was there last week and I think most of the cast (we were told not to wait any longer after Saoirse left as Ben and Sophie would not come out/sign)  came out on 48th Street, next to the main entry. It was hard to miss as people start lining up there, otherwise you can always ask the ushers and I am sure they would advise.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You