News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WhatsYourNameMan2

Member Name: WhatsYourNameMan2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

6:15 dinner okay for pre-show meal?
 Jun 3 2016, 03:48:08 PM

Hello everyone!  I'm home from my crazy Whirlwind adventure to see Hamilton and rush back home.  We moved our reservation at Milos to 6pm and showed up ten minutes early.  They fed us promptly (and wow, that place is incredibly fantastic).  And we were out by 7:15.  We went to Sardi's for a drink, and got to the theater with a line still in place, plenty of time to use the restroom and browse merch before sitting down.  

Thanks to eve

May 22 2016, 10:21:24 AM

Poconopanther said: "If your body is on Mountain Time... Maybe consider dinner after the show?  

We're doing both - the Milos PF Theater menu doesn't look enormous, and afterwards we're sort of looking forward to doing Shake Shack for a burger and shake :)

May 22 2016, 09:56:22 AM

OP here!

It's the Richard Rodgers Theater (Hamilton!!), and I'm doing the Prix Fixe menu so I definitely know what I'm getting already.  

Thanks for all of the great answers.  I suppose it might be prudent to change to a 6pm dinner, just to guarantee some casual relaxation / drink time before the show.  I'm Mountain time zone at home so it's just going to be eating dinner at 4pm, so we'll just make sure to have a light

May 22 2016, 01:04:17 AM

I know this is a bit fastidious, but I'm going to my first Broadway show in little more than a week's time and I'm quite anxious about the plans.  Especially dinner - we made reservations at Milos for 6:15, they have a prix fixe menu, it's about a 15 min walk according to Google back to the Richard Rodgers theater for our 8pm show of Hamilton!

Is that a reasonable time to eat before the show, with enough time to walk back,

Drinks before show @ Richard Rodgers?
 May 18 2016, 07:45:04 PM

OP here - thank you all so much for the help.  I'll avoid the RR bar and hit up someplace else nearby!  So if RR is ~ $18 for a drink, how much is a place like Sardis?

Drinks before show @ Richard Rodgers?
 May 18 2016, 11:18:22 AM

I'm heading to Hamilton in 2 weeks for an 8pm show. I've read they open the doors at 7:30, but read somewhere else that they open the bars an hour early at 7pm.  How does that work exactly?  Can I get there early and have a drink at the bar, or not?  I'd love some help, planning my first trip to Broadway and would love to relax with a beverage for 20-30 min before the show!

Thanks!

EDIT: Here's where I found this info:  "The bars begin serving patrons one hour before the performance begins. "  http://richardrodgerstheatre.com/patron_services.php

EDIT 2: I called and their website is wrong.  Everything opens at 7:30.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You