News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alicity

Member Name: alicity
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Come From Away rush
 Jun 23 2018, 04:38:46 PM
I just did rush today. I arrived at 7:30 and got partial view tickets for the matinee. They only had SRO for the evening by my turn.
Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jun 22 2016, 04:23:11 PM

allthatjazz3 said: "
1. I've read a lot of people saying to bring either pool floaties/ small camping mattresses, and also sleeping bags- which of those 2 things is more imperative?? are both?? Can you live with a pool floaty and just a blanket or two? or JUST the sleeping bag?( trying to pack (and spend) light for this trip!) 

2. Speaking of spending light. My travel buddy and I are having a hard time justifying paying for a hotel for ALL of the nights

Jun 16 2016, 07:07:31 PM

casedilla2 said: "I actually got a pretty solid night of sleep both nights, I'd say 5-6 hours at least. We brought two of these with us:

https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Inflatable-Fabric-Camping-Mattress/dp/B00005BAIB/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466108298&sr=8-3&keywords=camping+mattress

Which actually was listed at $7.99 just a few days ago. We left them behind since they were so inexpensive - although one of them ripped a hole the first night and was useless, so we switched off using it. I had a couple changes of clothes and brought deodorant, wet wipes, a toothbrush/toothpaste, etc. to try and be as much of a normal person as possible haha. I was pretty tired afterwards, but there's no way I could fall asleep during Hamilton!
"

A lot of people seem to be bringing those. When I was in line, there were like 6 camping mattresses in the line. 

Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
 Jun 15 2016, 11:53:39 AM

Yeah, it's hard to stage door after a show. Granted I saw the show the Saturday before the Tonys, but people were literally crowded on the street. There was a police man trying to usher people back onto the sidewalk but there was really no place to go and the crowd formed all the way down to the Les Mis theater. I saw that and said nope and left.  

Jun 15 2016, 08:35:36 AM

gypsy101 said: "i haven't followed this thread because it's a level of insanity I will not subscribe to, but I was wondering: after you've waited for like 40 hours to see a show, wouldn't you smell pretty bad? People don't get like a chance to shower, do they?"

I took a shower before I left and someone was super nice enough to lend me a guest pass for their gym membership to shower while I was there! I also don't think it was tha

Jun 14 2016, 06:55:12 PM

sarahb22 said: "Somebody REALLY needs to set up a webcam in that area!"

My thoughts exactly!!

Jun 12 2016, 05:51:19 PM

schubox said: "Jesus man 

"

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that too. But I was already there and it happened.  

Jun 12 2016, 04:56:56 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for all the support! It's been a crazy few days. I finally returned home and got some decent sleep.

So here is my story:

I arrived around Thursday night, a little before midnight. There was already quite a few people (25?) in line. The girl in the front has been waiting since Tuesday (but she was one of the last few in her group from Tuesday). A lot of people arrived on Thursday. I ended up sleeping with my sleeping bag under the alcove af

Jun 11 2016, 08:51:20 AM

n8leagr8 said: "I heard reports that the line split, and there was a fight. Can you verify this?

"

Yep. That happened. I'm a bit too tired to elaborate. 

Jun 11 2016, 06:58:47 AM

Still in line. Day 2 of saga. About 9 or so tickets were given out last night. 

Jun 10 2016, 12:21:18 AM

So, I am the end of the line with twenty (I think) people in front. 

Meryl Streep as Trump On SNL???
 Jun 8 2016, 03:27:15 PM

I think they were referring to her impersonation at the Public Theater Gala. 

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jun/08/meryl-streep-donald-trump-impression-newyork

Hamilton New Block of Tickets
 Jun 7 2016, 08:57:49 AM

Whoops, sorry, my bad. I got a little excited when I saw this morning and clearly didn't read through... 

Hamilton New Block of Tickets
 Jun 7 2016, 08:29:07 AM

It seems that the public onsale has changed to 11:10 pm EDT. 

Jun 5 2016, 09:40:07 PM

Does the theater offer a coat check to check in backpacks (or a sleeping bag >_>? Or do people just bring it in with them?

May 29 2016, 08:55:54 PM

I seems like on matinee days, that people that want single tickets should buddy up with another person that wants a single ticket, in case they split the line. Does that seem true?

May 18 2016, 07:42:18 PM
perfectlymarvelous said: "sundaymourning6am said: "To all the posters who are afraid for their safety, where are you from??? This isn't NYC in 1986. The streets are owned by Disney and the NYPD. You're right next to damn Marriot. Put on your big kid pants. You're fine. "

Oh, stop being rude. I've lived in NYC my entire adult life but being a young woman alone at night puts your defenses up no matter where you are. It's a valid thing to want to make

May 18 2016, 02:37:05 PM
chowbi said: "bethok said: " 

"

01:15 AM - Arrive at Richard Rodgers theatre. There is a couple already set up (I later find out that they arrived around midnight). If any of you have been in/at the theatre, it's the door to the left of the main entrance, where people can walk out from the coat check. This couple (wisely) brought a thick duvet and huge fluffy pillows.

"

As a woman with

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You