News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayMomma

Member Name: BroadwayMomma
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews
 Apr 19 2018, 05:41:22 PM

https://www.sfchronicle.com/performance/article/Head-Over-Heels-at-Curran-well-on-its-way-12848554.php

HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews
 Apr 15 2018, 04:31:40 PM

Saw it last night and have to agree with the negative reviews.  I didn't leave at intermission, but seriously considered it.  Hard to believe that this will be on Broadway before Ain't Too Proud.  That said, I've heard from other people who saw it in previews this week and liked it.  

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 19 2017, 12:39:33 PM

There's a seating chart posted on page #23 of the other thread, but it does not show the end seat numbers.  If someone sees that somewhere, please post it here. 

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Oct 19 2017, 11:22:31 AM

I have not seen a seating chart where the end seat numbers are listed.  Can someone direct me to it?

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
 Oct 18 2017, 04:30:40 PM

The return policy is actually this:

All tickets purchased over 28 days prior to a performance can be returned for a refund any time up to 14 days prior to the performance time.

Refunds may not be guaranteed for tickets purchased within 28 days of a performance. However, please do contact Ticketmaster if circumstances mean you are unable to attend and they will endeavor to assist you. All returns are at the discretion of the box office.

Oct 18 2017, 03:36:53 PM

I clicked on the "learn how to transfer," and it is allowed.  I forget the exact procedure, but it was permissible. 

Oct 18 2017, 12:46:53 PM

That was infuriating.  Wanted a preview performance and wasted about 15 minutes with it spinning.  Then it kicked it back and showed the performance as sold out so I picked a Wednesday in June and paid $212 per ticket per performance (with fees included) for orchestra row S.  BUT, now I read that the preview shows might become available later.  And I've used my code and 4 of my allotted tickets.  I'm so mad right now. 

Oct 17 2017, 11:55:43 AM

For people who have seen it, do you think it's better to see both parts in one day? Or does it not make much of a difference to do a Thursday/Friday sequence?

Oct 16 2017, 03:41:50 PM

This has probably been mentioned before, but wanted to point out that (like the London production) the tickets are refundable.  The website states: "All tickets purchased over 28 days prior to a performance can be returned for a refund any time up to 14 days prior to the performance time." 

AIN'T TOO PROUD - The Temptations Musical Bound for Broadway in 2018
 Sep 24 2017, 11:18:53 AM

"Dazzling" is a great word to describe his performance.  I was just blown away by him.  

AIN'T TOO PROUD - The Temptations Musical Bound for Broadway in 2018
 Sep 24 2017, 10:44:06 AM

I saw it this weekend and could not take my eyes off Ephraim Sykes as David Ruffin.  I might go back just to see his performance again.  

Hamilton in San Francisco
 Jul 15 2017, 11:05:55 PM

They were all in the day before on Thursday the 13th.  In fact, I've seen it 3x in SF, and the Schuyler sisters have all been there each time.  I guess I've been lucky.  

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Reviews
 Apr 24 2017, 12:14:11 AM

freewilma said: "BroadwayMomma said: "That desert/dessert typo in the NYT review is really bugging me.  
It bothered me too so I looked it up. It seems like both are somewhat acceptable by many. However, the origin is just deserts. Click here for more info. http://grammarist.com/spelling/just-deserts-just-desserts/

I had no idea!  I take it back then.  Thank you for that!

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Reviews
 Apr 23 2017, 10:52:00 PM

That desert/dessert typo in the NYT review is really bugging me.  

Andy Karl tonight
 Apr 17 2017, 06:53:16 PM

Knee brace and a possible limp, according to the show's spokesperson:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/17/theater/andy-karl-groundhog-day-to-perform-on-opening-night.html?_r=0

Hamilton LA
 Apr 15 2017, 05:48:57 PM

Just so you LA folks know, they definitely held back a lot of tickets here in SF and it is absolutely possible to buy tickets direct from the box office during the run.  In fact, my son just bought a partial orchestra ticket for tonight ($200) that was released on the website at about 1:30 pm.  Not sure it will be the same in LA, but it could be!  

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
 Mar 30 2017, 05:11:44 PM

Undercover Wonka in the first act sounds pretty creepy.  I hope kids watching the show know it's not ok to talk to a baldish guy with stringy hair about candy and then go watch tv with him.  

Mar 30 2017, 09:19:49 AM

WhizzerMarvin said: "He did actually shave his head 

Thanks for the correction, though I think he's still wearing a wig when undercover as he has long, wispy strands of hair coming out along the back and sides of his skull. Kind of like a thinned out Ben Franklin look. His Wonka wig looks remarkably like his normal hair! 

This just keeps getting better and better.  

Mar 29 2017, 01:31:54 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Can someone clarify- are they actually killing the kids or do they come back at the end? (I don't mean literally)

I didn't see it last night, but based on these comments it sounds like at least some of the kids are actually killed (torn apart, explode, etc.) but then are "put back together" and appear in the closing number.  In the book and movies, the kids are not killed or destroyed -- they are manipulated in some way and then

Mar 29 2017, 11:33:19 AM

Interesting that the rotten kids are actually killed off.  In both movies, you either are led to believe the rotten children eventually leave the chocolate factory or actually see them leaving.  I can't recall how it's dealt with in the book. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You