News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dance noone watchin

Member Name: dance noone watchin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hadestown cast replacements
 Feb 10 2020, 09:26:36 AM

Thank you BlS68 and AlexxGee, appreciate it.

Hadestown cast replacements
 Feb 9 2020, 10:26:29 PM

Wondering if anyone knows where/whether scheduled absences of the principal players are  posted. Saw Hadestown for the first time Jan 25. André de Shields was out. Show was great, don’t know why I waited so long. Would like to see the OBC before they start to move on but am not planning to make the cross country trip back to NYC until the end of May. I went to the box office the next day and asked about posting of vacations, etc, and w

What we are seeing on Broadway in 2019
 Mar 6 2019, 10:44:17 PM

Trip later in March, excited to be seeing:
Network
White Noise
King Lear
To Kill a Mockingbird
Fleabag
Be More Chill
Hadestown
Burn This
(Saw Ain’t Too Proud in Berkeley)
Have one more spot, thinking about The Ferryman or Gary, but other postings on this subject are good food for thought.  

AIN'T TOO PROUD - The Temptations Musical Bound for Broadway in 2018
 Nov 6 2017, 11:54:31 PM

I was also at the show on Saturday night. I am a Motown/Temptations music fan.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the set, music and dancing were top notch. Ephraim Sykes was a standout for me as David Ruffin. He had the frontman charisma, voice, style, and the little bit of craziness that the character required. Jeremy Pope as Eddie Kendricks was very good, but embellished more than on the original songs, not sure if that was a style choice or a way to avoid singing/getting smoothly to

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
 Oct 17 2017, 12:43:57 AM

Scarlet Leigh - Got it. Thank you.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018
 Oct 16 2017, 09:51:07 PM

I haven't read through everything on the initial sale, so please excuse if this has already been covered. I recall in the entry for the Onsale, I was asked the number of tickets I wanted (I entered 2) and whether I wanted to see Parts 1 & 2 on the same day/consecutive nights (I entered yes). If I go in Wednesday and try to vary from this, e.g.,, try to buy 6, will it bounce me down to 2?  

Access code is going to be valid for 2-1/2 hours. Does this

Hamilton LA
 Sep 8 2017, 11:48:29 PM

Going on Sunday too, in the room where it happens. Was poking around today, trying to figure out whether Springsteen on Broadway is a dead deal for me, and I went to check the Pantages Hamilton tickets – and saw Sunday matinee center orchestra, row G for $225 from the theater – what? Had to snag them. Good tip on the boards on this! Saw the OBC twice last year, and didn’t think I was going to go back, but have heard great things about Michael Luwoye and Joshua Henry. Also lo

IN THE BLOOD previews (warning!!!)
 Aug 31 2017, 10:03:38 PM

I saw F*ing A twice last week (no apostrophe used by or at the theater, which was part of the experience of seeing this play. You have to say out loud in public the full word – “picking up tickets for F*ing A,” etc.) The first time, the first act dragged for me. Then the second act drew me in and I was totally in. I had to go again to see the first act ($30, all seats!!) knowing what would come later. This is a quirky, inventive, moving play (with limited singing/music) not

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
 Aug 30 2017, 05:01:50 PM

Agreed regarding re-opening registration. They should re-name this Verified Buyer. It's alienating to fans to tell them they are not a Verified Fan, imo.

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
 Aug 30 2017, 10:35:21 AM

Got a standby notice. Did everyone who entered get either a code or a standby notice, or did anyone get neither? Does standby mean that you're almost a Verified Fan but not quite? 

When Will The Color Purple Close?
 Oct 24 2016, 09:30:29 PM

Wow, who is going to be left on January 8th? I am planning to be there. As long as Cynthia is there, I’m good. However, I am disappointed that Isaiah Johnson won't be there. I saw TCP twice with him and once without him, and seeing it without him made me appreciate how much his performance contributed to the show. He brings the intensity and heart needed for Mister. For me, he is one to follow. The original TCP cast (plus Heather) –  lot of talent.

Color Purple Now on Sale through 1/8
 Sep 23 2016, 01:32:49 AM

Thank you! I went ahead and bought tickets for Jan 8th.My wish has been to see Cynthia once more  in TCP. Traveling quite a distance and early January is much more doable and cheaper than December holidays. 

CIty Kitchen food hall at Row NYC
 Sep 20 2016, 11:46:49 PM

I would recommend it, if you and your husband find something you like in the offerings. I am a ramen nut, and I think the ramen at Kuro-Obi at City Kitchen is delicious.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/21/16
 Aug 22 2016, 11:05:38 PM

Broadway Concierge - Oh, got it. Thanks!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/21/16
 Aug 22 2016, 10:34:31 PM

Well, I am a major fan of The Color Purple. Looks like the theater has been consistently close to or over 90% the past couple of months, except last week, with significantly lower % of potential gross which I take it means a good number of discounted tickets. 

One thing I have been puzzled by, as I think TCP would benefit from a push on the theatergoer sites. When I go to broadway.com, there are a number of shows which have show-specific squares on the main page. This is the

Cynthia Erivo - Upcoming COLOR PURPLE Absences
 Jun 20 2016, 10:25:45 PM
I was at the Sunday matinee. For me, I sensed a heightened excitement, compared to the one time I saw the show with Cynthia before. Some differences from my experience at the previous show: The audience applauded when Cynthia came onstage. (This also happened on Sunday with other performer entrances.) There was a more extended standing ovation at the end of the show. Cynthia’s performance was different at certain moments throughout the show. One such moment was at the b
Cynthia Erivo - Upcoming COLOR PURPLE Absences
 Jun 18 2016, 12:30:46 AM

Phan24 thanks for posting the info about Cynthia being back on June 19th. I see this now in her Twitter too. I am in nyc for the weekend which included TCP tickets for tonight, I bought them before I knew about Cynthia's time away. I saw TCP in May with Cynthia and Heather Headley. Cynthia gave a performance I will never forget I am going to try to get tickets for Sunday. Telecharge is down right now. Went ahead with seeing the show tonight and it was fantastic.&n

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
 Jun 14 2016, 03:14:46 PM

Thanks everyone about row K and vicinity. Very helpful!

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
 Jun 13 2016, 11:22:40 PM

Have tickets for Orchestra K109 this week. It sounds like the Orchestra area through row K is relatively flat (vs L and above which incline up). Is that right? I'm a Short. I am going to bring a big book, Chernow's biography likely. It's thick and I'll sit on it if a Tall is in front of me. I can't tell from the photos - are the seats offset, so that you are looking between heads of the people sitting in front of you, not directly at a head? Is K c

Hamilton StubHub tix - reason to be wary?
 May 24 2016, 09:57:25 PM

Sorry, gap due to sleep and work. I just checked and I don't see the tickets on the resale list anymore. This is good news! I am going  to keep an eye on it. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You