News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for clb10162

Member Name: clb10162
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/13/17  Aug 14 2017, 04:26:38 PM

springwillcome said: "Well, obviously I'm biased. But everyone I've spoken to had extremely positive WOM, which is why I saw this show in the first place. Most (of course not all) press I've seen is positive. I gone 4 times with friends as well as convinced 5 other friends to go on their own, and every single one loved it with one person only liking it. Obviously that's not a majority or representation of the general population, but I can see where one would feel

City of Angels revival ever?  Jul 8 2017, 06:50:14 PM

Patrick Wilson and Andy Karl

Groundhog Day - TKTS or rush?  Jun 16 2017, 01:36:21 PM

Every time I've entered the GHD lottery, even when I didn't win (and I've won a few times) I was given a discount code to purchase tix.  Also, the lottery for each performance is held the day before, which can be very helpful if you're trying to figure out how to fit several shows into your schedule.

Andy Karl performance schedule  Jun 14 2017, 06:21:43 PM

HSky said: "Happy to report Andy Karl is no longer wearing the black knee brace and now wears a white compression sleeve.

"

This is really recent.  I saw the show again Monday evening and he was still wearing the black brace then.  I'm still amazed at how well he's been able to move on stage for the past several weeks.

Ben Platt Put On Vocal Rest for now  Jun 13 2017, 02:15:39 PM

HD1313 said: "..I had a similar situation when I went to see Fun Home and Emily Skeggs and Michaeal Cerveris were both out, and returned...the day after I saw the show...very frustrating. It happens, but nonetheless, frustrating. I hope that you can sort out a way to see Ben in the role before he leaves. He truly is fantastic.

"

Are you seriously comparing the absence of Emily Skeggs and Michael Cerveris to that of Ben Platt in one of the most lauded performan

How much longer for Groundhog Day and Bandstand  Jun 13 2017, 01:26:59 PM

Eliza2 said: "Malka2 said: "Just saw both of these shows for the first time this week (Bandstand at Sunday matinee, Groundhog Day last night) and neither was what I expected from the promotions/chatter I've seen.

I expected Bandstand to be a fairly light and fun swing dancing show, instead I cried through almost half the show as Corey Cott left everything on the stage portraying the unseen pain of returning vets.... So powerful.

And Grou

Late Arrivers  May 21 2017, 03:31:50 PM

AC126748 said: "10086Sundays said: "DEH says that, but when I saw it, they brought in latecomers.  This was second row center orchestra, they were an older couple who slow moving and kept loudly apologizing for being late while everyone moved so they could take their seats.  This happened while Evan is in the computer lab at the beginning writing the letter.  So aggravating.

"

Same, unfortunately. I've seen the show three ti

Andy Karl performance schedule  May 16 2017, 02:55:49 PM

I was at last Wednesday's matinee and he was on (and wonderful).

Sondheim Roles For Kelli O'Hara  May 15 2017, 07:03:04 AM

Soaring29 said: "In about 20 years or maybe even 30, we'll probably see that. 

"

Laura's 37 and Kelli's 41, so more like 10-15 years from now.

Andy Karl Back  May 13 2017, 06:42:47 AM

I've seen DEH 9 times, going back to its run at Second Stage, and Groundhog Day 5 times. Obviously, I love both shows and have seen both (again) in the past 2 weeks.  If I were a Tony voter and had only seen the most recent performances of each, I would give my vote to Andy Karl.  Ben Platt seems to have fallen back on some bad habits, e.g., overplaying the twitchiness and, as someone said above, going for the showier emotion rather than the more subtle moments.  I don

Andy Karl Back  May 12 2017, 02:50:56 PM

CT2NYC said: "I saw the show this past Wednesday matinee, 5/10. He was in, and an usher at the theatre confirmed that he's back to 8 shows a week. He wears a knee brace, which is humorously featured during the scene with the fur coat. Some have said that he might be on a full schedule just until the Tonys, but he strikes me as a dedicated performer with a great work ethic who wants to do the job for which he was hired. Like Judy, I assume that he's back for good, ba

All the President's Men  May 12 2017, 02:46:41 PM

Politics aside (or I'll cry), the evening was a great reminder that we need Raul Esparza back on stage ASAP. What a talent!

Dear Evan Hansen issue...  Apr 30 2017, 08:43:26 PM

There is also a stark difference between "It Get's Better" and "You Will Be Found": "It Gets Better" is based on people's real experiences, spoken by those people as an encouragement to others.  "You Will Be Found" is based on Evan's fabrication of Connor's life, a way for Evan to falsely speak for Connor in order to exploit Connor's death.  Remember, Evan's subconscious manifes

Dear Evan Hansen issue...  Apr 30 2017, 02:47:04 PM

The book isn't flawed because Evan is a flawed character. As you say, that's what makes characters interesting. The book is flawed because it comes to unearned conclusions and has the characters act in unrealistic ways. Evan didn't do any good by spreading messages like "You Will Be Found" on social media, and in fact I would argue that he did a great deal of harm. Connor wasn't found, and there is no guarantee that any lost or unstable person in Conno

ANASTASIA Reviews  Apr 25 2017, 04:13:28 PM

Daddy Warbucks said: "Curious to see how the attendance numbers will be affected by the reviews which were, despite the Times review, a bit all over the map. Watching the early box office numbers from previews, I still think this one is review-proof and Tony-proof. I think a rave can give an unknown quantity a big boost (though not always), a show like Anastasia already has such a built in and fanatical fan base: 1) teenage girls, 2) their parents who knew the movie wh

Telecharge VS Ticketmaster  Apr 22 2017, 03:46:24 PM

muscle23ftl said: "ArtMan said: "Ticketmaster has recently changed their map/seat function for at least concerts.  I'm finding it harder to find the option of which seats are available (on the map) for upcoming concerts.  As far as which one I prefer I would say Telecharge.  Their fees are not as high and their customer service, on average, is better than Ticketmaster.

Their fees are about the same though, I prefer to buy

Groundhog Day - scaled back for Andy post-injury?  Apr 22 2017, 12:33:58 AM

Saw it tonight for the 3rd time; Andy was on and he was as terrific as the first 2 times I saw him.  He's wearing a brace (shin to mid-thigh) on his left leg but, honestly, it would otherwise have been impossible to know he'd suffered an injury.  Granted, my memory is not the greatest, but I didn't notice any changes  other than the elimination of that leapfrog move which originally caused his injury.  He moved very well and didn't show any eviden

GROUNDHOG DAY Reviews  Apr 18 2017, 03:01:52 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Peter Marks- mixed to negative:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2017/04/18/the-new-musical-groundhog-day-takes-place-on-one-very-long-day-and-it-feels-like-it/

"

I respect Peter Marks as a critic but I can't take his review too seriously when he writes:  ". . . the intensity of Andie MacDowell’s magnetic film performance as Rita is not quite achieved by Barrett Doss on stage . . . ."  He may well be the only critic who found McDowell's performance magnetic and  intense.  Most of the reviews for the show (even the less than glowing ones) have commented on how bland McDowell was, with several stating that Doss is a big improvement of her film counterpart.

GROUNDHOG DAY Reviews  Apr 17 2017, 10:42:59 PM

David Rooney's review in The Hollywood Reporter is a rave.  And there are plenty of pull quotes in many other reviews.

Andy Karl tonight  Apr 16 2017, 02:54:41 PM

Sondheimite said: "
It's a stick and play role:  you can stick anyone who can sing/dance the role into the part of Phil and they can play it without any different to the material.  I would bet that over 99% of audiences won't care or notice the difference in Andy Karl not being there. 

"

Doesn't that depend on the reviews?  The only reason audiences care about seeing Ben Platt in DEH is because he's gotte

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You