News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ManInChair2000

Member Name: ManInChair2000
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Coloratura soprano-like musical theatre songs?
 Aug 5 2016, 09:00:57 PM

I want to find out some other songs that a coloratura soprano could sing from some different Broadway musicals. Just out of curiosity! I was thinking some songs like "The Finer Things" from Jane Eyre, "Glitter and Be Gay" from Candide, "Poor Wandering One" from The Pirates of Penzance, or "Green Finch and Linnet Bird" from Sweeney Todd. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also, just a dislaimer, please be nice. It goes a long way. :)

Saddest moment in musical
 Jul 31 2016, 10:01:25 PM

Happy/Sad from The Addams Family has definitely made me cry.

The end of The Drowsy Chaperone.

Far from the Home I Love from Fiddler on the Roof.

I Confess from Footloose. I saw a production about a month ago and ugly cried.

"Christine, I love you." in Phantom.

Highest Note Belted on a Cast Recording
 Jul 30 2016, 02:22:52 PM

Does anyone know exactly what it is? I know that Vivienne has an Ab5 belt at the end of the Legally Blonde Remix. Brooklyn has an Ab5 belt at the end of Once Upon a Time. There's an A5 belt in Hell No! and the end of Push Da Button from the 2016 recording of The Color Purple, and (although it's very scream-like) there are a few B5 belts in Disaster! in the nun's solo. Any other crazy high belts ON CAST RECORDINGS?

re: Question about highest notes in songs
 May 27 2016, 10:30:12 AM

Maria sings a C6 at the end of the Tonight Quintet.

re: Question about highest notes in songs
 May 27 2016, 10:08:18 AM

For someone who has sung King of the World, it is a High C. 

The 'The Trickiest Roles in Musical Theatre' Thread
 May 26 2016, 11:36:05 AM

Having played Jud Fry, I know that it is hard to do. To make your character 3-dimensional in the right way is very complicated, and quite often, overdone. Shuler Hensley did an AMAZING job portraying him. I will testify to the fact that Lonely Room is the hardest song to sing in the show. It's atonal and dissonant, and also very complicated to act. Also, the belt at the end is only a C-sharp, but it's harder to sing than it sounds.You have to dig into your deepest sorrow to play the c

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You